Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 22, 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32635

It is true evolution says nothing about meaning of life, and that is the great thing! as it does give us freedom to choose whatever meaning we want to our lives.
Do someone feel lost and life has no meaning? Have you lost your appetite? Wine does not taste the same? Sex is boring? Donīt worry, if you canīt there is always people out there eager to share with you their particular 'meaning of life' so you can put an end to that painful search.
Those who follow such easy path would pay the price though. Such price can be unbearable for an awakening consciousness.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 23, 2012, 06:35 AM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 22, 2012, 05:54 PM) *

It is true evolution says nothing about meaning of life, and that is the great thing! as it does give us freedom to choose whatever meaning we want to our lives.
Do someone feel lost and life has no meaning? Have you lost your appetite? Wine does not taste the same? Sex is boring? Donīt worry, if you canīt there is always people out there eager to share with you their particular 'meaning of life' so you can put an end to that painful search.
Those who follow such easy path would pay the price though. Such price can be unbearable for an awakening consciousness.

minga.... how depressing is that, lol

I sure hope that the above questions do not apply to you and is by no means anybody else's meaning of life, no offense jakare.... but that was a dismal miserable post haha.... get rid of the cat my friend!
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 23, 2012, 08:43 AM
Post #4

Demi-God

Ha, ha, ha, now that you mention I was reading Nietzsche yesterday, maybe that was cheering me up. And no, it doesnīt apply to me.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 24, 2012, 05:49 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 23, 2012, 11:43 AM) *

Ha, ha, ha, now that you mention I was reading Nietzsche yesterday, maybe that was cheering me up. And no, it doesnīt apply to me.

I was never a neitzsche fan.... where would you rate his school of thought among the great philosophical minds of recorded time?
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 24, 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #6

Demi-God

He is a necessary evil, he wasnīt an easy going person and his writing style is too difficult and obtuse to understand if english is not your first language (and you are reading in english) but, having said that, he is an absolutely unavoidable voice to listen to if you wish to have an idea of whatīs going on on human mind and society. Thatīs my opinion and I should say in some way I can understand and apreciate his ideas.
René Descartes on the other side is more transparent, like if I was talking with an incredible wiser version of myself although I can detect some (scarce really) limitations on his thinking due to the age he has to live in.
I had years ago a philosphy book where I wrote down my brief opinions about several philosophers but I havenīt got it at hand anymore and honestly canīt even remember their names.
+Quote Post
RenaissanceMan
post Jun 09, 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 34301

From your article:

"But even if that were the case, murdering your step-children would still be a terrible thing to do."

Sorry, but in Darwinism, there IS no "terrible thing to do." Morality is non-existent. Only survival matters.
I didn't make the rules.

Lions and other carnivores murder their step-children all the time, the better to pass on their own genes when the female immediately comes back into estrus.

Darwin was a vile racist, who propounded eugenics. He labeled Africans little above the apes, and predicted they would soon become extinct.

If you carefully read Darwin, it is an ugly, ugly tableau, roundly applauded and championed by today's atheists and "scientific" elites.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Jun 09, 2012, 02:12 PM
Post #8

Demi-God

Trying to attack the idea by pointing the menīs faults does not probe nor disprobe anything.

May I suppose that the same can be said of Alfred Russel Wallace? Who, as you know, nearly published a similar work before Darwing did.

Darwing was a man of his time and those things you pointed were politically correct common beliefs of that age as it was the social status of women (no education, no vote rights...) He was so hesitant to speak against the 'group-thinking' that took him about 15 years to make public his work.
+Quote Post
Prof.Dr.ARUN RAGHUWANSHI
post Jun 25, 2012, 05:58 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 34342

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 23, 2012, 06:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 22, 2012, 05:54 PM) *

minga.... how depressing is that, lol

I sure hope that the above questions do not apply to you and is by no means anybody else's meaning of life, no offense jakare.... but that was a dismal miserable post haha.... get rid of the cat my friend!

Dear Friends!

Life is a gift (what ver source!) given to us as a out line sketch to some extent!(as Human being!),its up to us to give colours of our choice!by our intentions!and Actions-call it new karmas!Each of us has vast potential to give to the process of evolution(by evolving consciously at individual level).

One priscription by Swami Vivekananda:-"Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this Divinity within by controlling nature, external and internal. `Do this either by work, or worship, or psychic control, or philosophy — by one, or more, or all of these — and be free.` This is the whole of religion. Doctrines, or dogmas, or rituals, or books, or temples, or forms, are but secondary details”

Or follow your own Campass!f you trust-'THAT'
With Love & Best wishes!

@run(Prof.Dr.ARUN RAGHUWANSHI,INDIA!)
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jun 26, 2012, 04:24 PM
Post #10

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

On this planet there is competitive Darwinism. Anyone ever been to another planet to confirm its a universal constant?

Also, its possible to declare purpose as a creative opinion & still different from Nietzsche-like people where that is the only thing you have in common with them. And some purposes are uglier than others. Paintings are creative, but within 99.9% consensus, some are a lot better than others even though they are still made-up. I'd say Abolitionism is the best looking purpose-painting. And, if the world is Multi-Dimensional Spiritual rather than Scientific Naturalist, merely a different brand of abolitionism is still the best looking purpose.
+Quote Post
Abolitionist
post Jul 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
Post #11

Aspiring

Member No.: 4034

Why do we exist to experience something beyond our willpower to control?

Maybe it's best to focus on the biotechnology solution for involuntary suffering and death... otherwise it's alot like awakening from the Matrix.

+Quote Post
Jakare
post Jul 20, 2012, 03:41 AM
Post #12

Demi-God

QUOTE(Abolitionist @ Jul 20, 2012, 05:46 AM) *

Why do we exist to experience something beyond our willpower to control?

I don't know but the chaos and uncertainty is abundant enough to allow us experiencing such things without a proper reason for it. The very human indeed teleological tendency would do the rest.

QUOTE(Abolitionist @ Jul 20, 2012, 05:46 AM) *

Maybe it's best to focus on the biotechnology solution for involuntary suffering and death... otherwise it's alot like awakening from the Matrix.

Agree!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 03:21 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright Đ BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog