Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Many different cholines - does it matter with piracetam?, Choline + Piracetam
2cr4zy4u
post Feb 18, 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33984

I recently started taking choline after I bought Neuro Boost Piracetam from Smart Drugs for Thought. There website has information regarding this. They also said on the "What is Piracetam?" page that Choline boost the effects of piracetam and there are many forms listed there. Alpha GPC, Choline Bitartrate (I just bought this for very cheap at Vitamine Shoppe for like 9 dollars), and CDP Choline. It is true that Alpha GPC and CDP choline are a little overpriced, but are they really that much different than Choline Bitartrate?? I'm currently taking 1100mg Choline Bitartrate with anywhere between 4000mg - 5600mg of Piracetam. Any suggestions or TRs are more than respected, thanks you all.

I'm not deficient in glutamate levels or calcium if that helps any.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
5hadow12ogue
post Feb 22, 2012, 07:53 AM
Post #2

Aspiring

Member No.: 33923

I've found that Alpha-GPC substantially increases the efficacy of Piracetam, a bit more-so than Choline. I've been stacking Piracetam and Choline with L-Theanine recently as L-Theanine is an exciter of the GABA receptors (same ones that Piracetam is a derivative cyclic of).

I've found in the past week of adding L-Theanine I've experienced a slightly stronger sense of recall from what I've been studying (SL4A, Py4A, and Py). So I know it is having some effect, I've also noticed I am a little less on "edge" socially, which is nice since when I'm at work I'm constantly dealing with people.

I don't go out and buy Alpha-GPC, I get Choline Bitartrate from Vitamin Shoppe, and occasionally find a drink/shot that has Alpha-GPC in it which I almost always jump on (especially when I'm on a dose of Piracetam). I've been drinking more milk too as I heard that helps with Piracetam.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 22, 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #3

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

Choline Bitartrate is the most cost-effective solution. Maybe the rest of them add something but at the end what you want is to prevent choline depletion that piracetam can cause and for that bitartrate is enough.
If you want to supplement with Alpha GPC or CDP choline do it because you like or seek their particular individual effects or donīt take them at all, their just too expensive.

I am sure you would enjoy this reading:
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54394...nefits-from-it/
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Feb 22, 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #4

Demi-God

Member No.: 5683

There definitely are some differences among the choline donors. Most people seem to develop a preference. Alpha GPC does have some interesting characteristics beyond choline bitartrate in regards to NGF.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 22, 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #5

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

Effect-research-wise my favourite is CDP choline.
+Quote Post
2cr4zy4u
post Feb 22, 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #6

Nice thank you for the input. I'm currently switching off between Alpha GPC and Choline Bitartrate. I read through the longecity forums btw, great forum. I see that glutamate and calcium levels should be at a sufficient standard in order for piracetam to be in a higher effect. I also spoke to a rep at Smart Drugs for Thought and he told me that all do have different characteristics, but choline citrate or bitartrate seem to be the most popular due to cost effectiveness. For me price doesn't matter if the effects are higher though. I'll be trying out CDP choline as well for test results. I will keep you all posted ofter. Btw - Alpha GPC with Piracetam seem to be most synergistic for the time being. Thank you all!
+Quote Post
2cr4zy4u
post Feb 22, 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #7

I found more information about what I was looking for also. This is what I came up with. Alpha GPC rapidly delivers choline to the brain across the blood-brain barrier and is a biosynthetic precursor of the acetylcholine neurotransmitter. Piracetam improves the function of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine via muscarinic cholinergic (ACh) receptors which are implicated in memory processes. Piracetam will enhance the functions that are linked with the (CNS) central nervous system. I would say it's more of an effect than it is a feeling. L-theanine is a supplement I personally use to increase alpha wave productions within the brain. There is no evidence to my knowledge that l-theanine has anything to do with being synergistic to a cholinergic or a racetam though.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 11:51 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright Đ BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog