Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Server Migration
lucid_dream
post Feb 09, 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

BM is in the process of migrating to new servers due to bandwidth issues so there may be temporary down times, though these will be short-lived and may in fact already be over.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Feb 09, 2012, 04:48 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5683

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Feb 09, 2012, 06:01 AM) *

BM is in the process of migrating to new servers due to bandwidth issues so there may be temporary down times, though these will be short-lived and may in fact already be over.

Looks like everything is back up and running again. Appears that the new server is loading the pages faster as well.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 07:04 AM
Post #3

God

Member No.: 96

I have a question. It seems that there are quite a lot of lurkers at any given moment. Are these real people, or a flock of computer-generated automatons? If real, are there statistics on the topics of interest?
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Feb 09, 2012, 07:08 AM
Post #4

Demi-God

Likely to be always a fair number of lurkers and bots are continually scanning the site.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Feb 09, 2012, 08:09 AM
Post #5

God

the majority of visitors are coming in from various google searches to specific forum topics.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 09, 2012, 08:14 AM
Post #6

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 09, 2012, 04:04 PM) *

I have a question. It seems that there are quite a lot of lurkers at any given moment. Are these real people, or a flock of computer-generated automatons? If real, are there statistics on the topics of interest?

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Feb 09, 2012, 05:09 PM) *

the majority of visitors are coming in from various google searches to specific forum topics.

I was asking to myself the same Dan. Lately I have seen up to 212 "guests". It makes me curious.
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Feb 09, 2012, 08:25 AM
Post #7

Demi-God

echo LD on this one. the majority of visitors are looking for specific info on their topic of interest. some end up registering and actively participate while others just get the info they need and then they're off.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Feb 09, 2012, 02:07 PM
Post #8

Overlord

Member No.: 33583

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Feb 09, 2012, 03:01 PM) *

Are you planing somehow to improve Brain Meta making it optionally more sound for users by enabling to post links for non US residents or it is just a technical shift?
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 09, 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #9

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

I am not an US resident and I can post links.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Feb 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #10

God

as long as you make at least 5 posts, there should be no problem posting links, wherever you are in the world.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Feb 10, 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #11

Overlord

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Feb 10, 2012, 12:01 PM) *

as long as you make at least 5 posts, there should be no problem posting links, wherever you are in the world.

No it is not so, is some forums parts I cannot post any link in very few I can.

In particularly e.g. in this forum segment I cannot post any link.

Moreover, I cannot add words to my signature.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Jul 01, 2012, 05:29 AM
Post #12

Overlord

Now I can post links:

www.google.com

What is more interesting is that I learned why it was not possible to do so before. How interesting.
+Quote Post
post Oct 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #13

Unregistered

In my opinion, coinoscus living begins with finding out the positive thing that you have been called to do in your life that brings you a sense of meaning and purpose. Next, once this is discovered, becoming aware of the way in which you have been destined to impact the world because of your unique gifts, talents and abilities is key. Lastly, developing a vision and a plan to step into your purpose and then working toward it. I also believe that if you step into your purpose with the motivation of using your gifts, talents and abilities to serve, impact and help others, it normally will translate into a livelihood. They say that if you find out what you love to do in life and do it, you will never work a day in your life. This is because, what you are doing you find enjoyable and it does not seem like work. To add to this, to be paid for it, is like the cherry on top of a sundae. If your life takes an unexpected turn, which it sometimes does in all of our lives, you do the positive thing that you have to do to try to endure and persevere with the understanding that it is just a detour. With all detours, if you just keep going and get back on original track, you will eventually get to your destination and help others in the process. Conscious living is understanding that someone else in the world needs you to fulfill your purpose in life so that because of your impact on them, they can realize, step into and fulfill their purpose in life. Kevin
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Oct 29, 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #14

Overlord

There are forum sections where it is impossible to post links.

Some links are not possible to post due to some specific spyware that comes with the webpage.

I guess Administrator should run special test to clean the page key folder from malignant programs.
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 05:03 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog