BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ADD- Adderall vs supplements?, ADD-Adderall vs supplements???
brainchild
post Feb 04, 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33949

Hi everybody my first topic on this forum!!!...I have an important question and this looks like the place to ask it. I will be 25 years old next month my Dr diagnosed me with ADD when I was in middle school, I took Adderall for a few months and it really helped my focus and grades alot!. Problem was I was having trouble eating and wasnt putting on any weight so I stopped taking it. I gained about 30 pounds in 30 days when I stopped taking it!!!...My focus has always been a problem for me without it, I love to read but it seems like everything I read just I guess you can say 'goes in one ear and out the other'. I have been debating on getting back on adderall for years but I hate the idea of taking a pill everything I dont even take Tylonol or Asprin when I have a headache!. But a few days ago I took a 20mg Adderall I got from a friend and went to the book store. It was amazing my focus was awesome I could read again!, and my anxiety went away completely, I felt like a million bucks!. But like I said Im more of a all natural kind of person I was wondering if there is a more natural way instead of taking Adderall???. I remember reading about natural supplements that help the brain but never tried them out does anybody have anything they would recomend that works?...And will it even compare to Adderall???...any tips or info would help alot, thanks!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
CharlesD
post Oct 06, 2012, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 34591

You wont find anything as immediate and effective for concentration like adderall. You could try Guarana which is a natural source of caffeine. But supplement wise most of the effects are mild and fleeting at best. You could try selegiline although this isnt a supplement, like adderall it increase dopamine, but by a different route.

+Quote Post
joycallum
post Feb 04, 2013, 01:48 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 34875

The energy supplements for fitness and health are many as all of us need to be healthy and also fit . Proteins are the best supplements for the fitness and even more must have eating tips for heart,bones,muscles,brain even for the best fitness, health and nutrition tips delivered to our body daily. Eating real good food that contains proteins, nutrients, carbohydrates and all other necessary things to our body makes us stood fit.The fruits also plays a vital role in weight loss applications. The fruits such as water melon, lemon, straw berry, papaya and many are really very helpful and also provides the loss of fat content in the body. Eating these fruits in spite of oil foods keeps us less weight and also healthy.

+Quote Post
rinus
post Sep 16, 2014, 01:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 37356

Hi,

Firstly i agree with CharlesD, because there are no supplements with such a strong effect as you get with medicine. But i believe adderal and ritalin are just to strong. They often do not just change the symptoms but also change the person. I heard many times from people who feel like zombies or are suddenly not social anymore. Nutritional supplements can be very helpfull, but important is to find out if you have deficiencies in your body.

I use a complemental supplement called andohadin, which contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, zinc, copper and a few other brain enhancing nutrients. It helps me a lot and i do not like to take medicines. I like to keep it natural.

Is there anybody else who has good experiences with supplements? Please share!
+Quote Post
rinus
post Sep 16, 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 37356

Hi,

Firstly i agree with CharlesD, because there are no supplements with such a strong effect as you get with medicine. But i believe adderal and ritalin are just to strong. They often do not just change the symptoms but also change the person. I heard many times from people who feel like zombies or are suddenly not social anymore. Nutritional supplements can be very helpfull, but important is to find out if you have deficiencies in your body.

I use a complemental supplement called andohadin, which contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, zinc, copper and a few other brain enhancing nutrients. It helps me a lot and i do not like to take medicines. I like to keep it natural.

Is there anybody else who has good experiences with supplements? Please share!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles