Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oldbie
Dan
post Feb 01, 2012, 09:57 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 96

If you quit your internet provider for a few months, you get to be a "new" customer again. Shouldn't the same be true here? I am just a bag of protoplasm on an inevitable course of translation and dispersion through space and time who wonders who is this Joesus Supreme God. Is she/he/it (funny, that could simplify to "shit") with or against entropy?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Feb 01, 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Hello Dan - It's so good to hear from you again!!!!!!
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 01, 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #3

God

Are you sure about that? I am only 240 total posts behind you for 8th place on the all-time posters list. I used to be a mad writing machine!
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 01, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #4

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

wow.... dan AND rhymer on the same day, wtf lol

welcome back fellas smile.gif
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 02, 2012, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

Old Gods coming back?
Not that there is anything wrong with the actual ones of course but that would be great news.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 03, 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #6

Supreme God

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 02, 2012, 05:36 PM) *

Old Gods coming back?
Not that there is anything wrong with the actual ones of course but that would be great news.

no worries.... as smart as he is dan is but a flash in the pan! I would like to hear what he has been up too in the past few years tho as he was always one of the saner contributers here at bm.... lotsa understandable logic in that fella
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 03, 2012, 03:05 AM
Post #7

Demi-God

Yes Dan, what have you been up too lately? Is life strange? has she been good to you? Why there is so much rubbish on my desk by the way?
If you tell us yours I will tell you mine...
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 03, 2012, 02:37 PM
Post #8

God

I have been up to lots of stuff, like healing the well and consoling the rich. Other than that, I have mostly been conserving momentum and disturbing papers. So, what sort of fun goes on around here these days? Is anybody anymore worried about God/afterlife/meaning/Joesus or do people mostly chat about weathering?
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Feb 03, 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #9

Supreme God

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 03, 2012, 05:37 PM) *

I have been up to lots of stuff, like healing the well and consoling the rich. Other than that, I have mostly been conserving momentum and disturbing papers. So, what sort of fun goes on around here these days? Is anybody anymore worried about God/afterlife/meaning/Joesus or do people mostly chat about weathering?

lol.... for my part its been about mostly ignoring and tracking the endless enki incarnations! Joesus doesn't bother me.... no offense to joesus but I find some of his post too long to read and highly repetitive so I simply refrain from reading his input! Hey Hey and Rick are no longer around unfortunately.... and shawn does not contribute much anymore!
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 04, 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #10

Demi-God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 04, 2012, 05:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 03, 2012, 05:37 PM) *

lol.... for my part its been about mostly ignoring and tracking the endless enki incarnations! Joesus doesn't bother me.... no offense to joesus but I find some of his post too long to read and highly repetitive so I simply refrain from reading his input! Hey Hey and Rick are no longer around unfortunately.... and shawn does not contribute much anymore!

I have mixed feelings about Joesus but I am too young here to judge certain things. Enki can be quite entertaining though but, then again its not me who has to clean the mess after the party...
Somehow I have manage to receive an unconditional offer to study a Neuroscience degree in Uk so I have been busy with all the paper work needed to move to Uk from Spain. For sure BM has had something to do with this change in my life.
I miss Hey Hey and Rick comments as they used to keep a sort of balance between dark and light powers. We need an equilibrium to not let BM get too polarized.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Feb 05, 2012, 05:12 AM
Post #11

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

it is good to hear from you again, Dan. I've been reading posts here when I can, but have not contributed much for some time. I have been busy with an ambitious brain mapping project, which I will be able to discuss more in due time.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Feb 05, 2012, 01:03 PM
Post #12

Overlord

Member No.: 33583

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 01, 2012, 09:57 PM) *

If you quit your internet provider for a few months, you get to be a "new" customer again. Shouldn't the same be true here? I am just a bag of protoplasm on an inevitable course of translation and dispersion through space and time who wonders who is this Joesus Supreme God. Is she/he/it (funny, that could simplify to "shit") with or against entropy?

Glad to see you back to this forum, I am a new user here but I read somewhere on Brain Meta that you somehow are related with Mr. Dan Brown or you are the Mr. Dan Brown himself, is it so Sir?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Feb 06, 2012, 11:27 AM
Post #13

God

Member No.: 5877

Oh man, I hope some of the old gods come back. Dan, your "SHIT" remark was brilliant. Stick around guys! The forum has lacked your presence.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 07, 2012, 01:02 PM
Post #14

God

I must say that I am no Dan Brown, nor am I a brown Dan.

Just so all the whippersnappers are clear, I like to pick on Joesus for fun, sort of like trolling but with the hope that we might have a meaningful conversation. He and I go way back to the time when he was "Joe" (presumably to emphasize the virtue of humility) but, due to his incessant preaching, I started calling him "Joesus". I am still waiting for him to give me a better name.

Anyhoo, enough about Maha, er,.. Joesus. I think it is more interesting to talk about how humans might figure out how brains create conscious states and then construct non-organic devices that can do this. I just hope the new silicon overlord keeps us in a nice museum. Earth would be good. The non-organic eon awaits!
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 07, 2012, 02:14 PM
Post #15

God

Here's a nice history refresher

Joesus, I'm still waiting for that inspired name!
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Feb 07, 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #16

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Magister Hayk @ Feb 05, 2012, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 01, 2012, 09:57 PM) *

I am a new user here...

Haha!!! Enki, you have no shame!!! Plane and simple!!! You have more lives than that Cheshire cat avatar from your previous life!!!
Welcome back Dan! It's good to have a member with an analytical prowess measurement barely a tad shorter than Shawn's in this forum again... I've always wondered what you've used it for, though... You're not a scientist or a Wall Street 1%ter that I know of... I can't think of much else you could be doing that wouldn't constitute a waste of that gift!... Well, making J eat his own barf here and there is fun watching you do, though! Are you still into studying lightning? Or you just had a job with the electric company at the time repairing blackouts? I myself spend less time here as the fun sort of waned after Olympus emptied out a few months back. It was a great ride while it lasted, though. I hope the forum comes back to full throttle again sometime. I just don't see how, with so may key players gone. You should leave an email address available so you can be summoned back here in case you are needed to keep the flock in check! Your best posts, if I recall properly, are those where you are chopping down them trolling charlatans' blabbery to shit and making them eat IT for breakfast! ...Peace!
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Feb 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #17

Overlord

Haha!!!

Excuse me Sir, you are mixing me with other person.
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Feb 07, 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #18

Overlord

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 08, 2012, 01:02 AM) *

I must say that I am no Dan Brown, nor am I a brown Dan.

I am terribly sorry for such an identity mistake. Thank you for clarifying the issue.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #19

God

Hey Trip, sorry for the lack of personal response

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 03, 2012, 12:27 AM) *

no worries.... as smart as he is dan is but a flash in the pan! I would like to hear what he has been up too in the past few years tho as he was always one of the saner contributers here at bm.... lotsa understandable logic in that fella

I've been slogging through normal life, doing normal things and feeling pretty normal. A Ph.D. here, a job there, a sprinkle of house and family, fairly standard. Since I am an ADD slacker genius, I don't have much to show for my superiority except my snappy commentary and occasional genius insights. I also like to avoid reading about 12-year-old Ph.D. geniuses because I don't like having my bubble popped. Back in the sand with my head!
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #20

God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Feb 03, 2012, 08:33 PM) *

Hey Hey and Rick are no longer around unfortunately.... and shawn does not contribute much anymore!

I guess Rick became bored with the same-same. I highly doubt that Shawn does not contribute much, I am sure he just puts on new masks as he always did. He is an excellent puppeteer.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #21

God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Feb 07, 2012, 07:47 PM) *

Welcome back Dan! It's good to have a member with an analytical prowess measurement barely a tad shorter than Shawn's in this forum again... I've always wondered what you've used it for, though... You're not a scientist or a Wall Street 1%ter that I know of... I can't think of much else you could be doing that wouldn't constitute a waste of that gift!... Well, making J eat his own barf here and there is fun watching you do, though! Are you still into studying lightning? Or you just had a job with the electric company at the time repairing blackouts? I myself spend less time here as the fun sort of waned after Olympus emptied out a few months back. It was a great ride while it lasted, though. I hope the forum comes back to full throttle again sometime. I just don't see how, with so may key players gone. You should leave an email address available so you can be summoned back here in case you are needed to keep the flock in check! Your best posts, if I recall properly, are those where you are chopping down them trolling charlatans' blabbery to shit and making them eat IT for breakfast! ...Peace!

Hi CB

I guess you have been around here for a while? I am a bit surprised you would remember my electric background, but it is a bit odd I suppose. I am currently trying to capture a lightning bolt and extract secrets about the whereabouts of Thor. Maybe I will invent some new lightning protection technology and get on the Discovery channel. As for reinvigorating this website, it has to do with freshness. If things get stale, people get bored and bugger off. Perhaps a changing of the guard is just what the Dr. ordered.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 09, 2012, 09:40 AM
Post #22

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 07, 2012, 10:14 PM) *

Here's a nice history refresher

Joesus, I'm still waiting for that inspired name!

Herpes?... Actually that was your idea. Comes in with a bunch of fire and fury and then disappears for a while, only to return with a vengeance. It could work... unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Flex
post Feb 09, 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #23

God

Member No.: 5877

Herpes, Roman god of the hearth, not too bad. Nothing could match Joesus...
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #24

God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 09, 2012, 09:40 AM) *

Herpes?... Actually that was your idea. Comes in with a bunch of fire and fury and then disappears for a while, only to return with a vengeance. It could work... unsure.gif

While it fits the bill in an important way, it's a bit lowbrow for my ego health. Too much "disgust" factor, might inhibit my style! I want something that is self deprecating and inspiring. C'mon Joesus, for christ's sake help me!
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 09, 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #25

Supreme God

For Christ's sake?
What the hell would he know?!!! dry.gif

How about Sri Danananda.. ?
The Sri is like a title of veneration such as in Mr. or in mystic circles more like master.. or "your holiness"
Adding ananda (Bliss) would give you the title of " Your holiness..The Bliss of Dan!" Your Father in law might give you some shit for that, but it could give you something to bring you closer together. huh.gif

You could tell him some guru gave you this honorary title.

Or.. I use peeflaps sometimes when I am playing video games. You could always borrow that title. I would promise to never use it again and give you all the rights..
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #26

God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 09, 2012, 12:24 PM) *

For Christ's sake?
What the hell would he know?!!! wink.gif

How about Sri Danananda.. ?
The Sri is like a title of veneration such as in Mr. or in mystic circles more like master.. or "your holiness"
Adding ananda (Bliss) would give you the title of " Your holiness..The Bliss of Dan!" Your Father in law might give you some shit for that, but it could give you something to bring you closer together. huh.gif

You could tell him some guru gave you this honorary title.

Or.. I use peeflaps sometimes when I am playing video games. You could always borrow that title. I would promise to never use it again and give you all the rights..

Sri Danananda it is!
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 09, 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #27

Supreme God

QUOTE(Flex @ Feb 09, 2012, 06:20 PM) *

Herpes, Roman god of the hearth, not too bad. Nothing could match Joesus...

Goddess of the hearth/fireside was Hestia according to wiki

A name with a similar sound to Herpes would be Hermes the son of Zeus.

+Quote Post
Joesus
post Feb 09, 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #28

Supreme God

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 09, 2012, 08:26 PM) *

Sri Danananda it is!

Really... does that mean your gonna get rid of the Jetsons smoking robot avatar?
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #29

God

I tried to change my name, but it doesn't seem to take. Maybe it just takes time. In the meantime, I can assure you that I want no part of "peeflaps" as that conjures disturbing imagery ...
+Quote Post
Dan
post Feb 09, 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #30

God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 09, 2012, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan @ Feb 09, 2012, 08:26 PM) *

Sri Danananda it is!

Really... does that mean your gonna get rid of the Jetsons smoking robot avatar?

Dude, how can you disrespect Bender? He is one of my gurus! Curses upon ye!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 08:28 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog