Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The best nootropic stack
cogni
post Jul 24, 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #61

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 35250

Thanks a lot, mban!
The thing with starting slow etc. was, that, so far I know, cdp choline hasnīt been tested for more than 90 days, but I also read comments from people, take it for years without any noticeable side effects and with cycles just like you do, it should be ok.
I have one more question: can you split your sleep in 2-3 sessions? So, for example: 6 hours at night and 1-3 during a day, I have heard in societies, living in kind of stone age, people sleep 3 times:at night, and somewhere 12-14 (siesta) and 16-18. some scientists suggest, that itīs our natural rhythm.

PS sorry for my bad English
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mban
post Jul 26, 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 33929

QUOTE(cogni @ Jul 24, 2013, 02:51 PM) *

Thanks a lot, mban!
The thing with starting slow etc. was, that, so far I know, cdp choline hasnīt been tested for more than 90 days, but I also read comments from people, take it for years without any noticeable side effects and with cycles just like you do, it should be ok.
I have one more question: can you split your sleep in 2-3 sessions? So, for example: 6 hours at night and 1-3 during a day, I have heard in societies, living in kind of stone age, people sleep 3 times:at night, and somewhere 12-14 (siesta) and 16-18. some scientists suggest, that itīs our natural rhythm.

PS sorry for my bad English

Sleep is very variable between individuals. If you can fit a 2 hour nap into the middle of your day, it's worth trying out to see if it can benefit you. I.e. Sleep 6hrs per night, and nap for two hours 1/2 way through your day.

A full sleep cycle is ~90 mins long ON AVERAGE, so I would make sure your 2nd sleep period is at least that long, but not much longer than 2hrs or you will enter another sleep cycle and wake up groggy when you try to wake up.
+Quote Post
cogni
post Jul 31, 2013, 03:00 AM
Post #63

thx, mban!
Also, should I take, for example, acetyl l-carnitine and cdp choline at once or should I separate the intake of these ingredients, I mean, not to separate it into 2 dosages (what is already mentioned) but to leave a "gap" for 10 minutes or so between taking alcar and citicoline.
+Quote Post
mban
post Jul 31, 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #64

QUOTE(cogni @ Jul 31, 2013, 05:00 AM) *

thx, mban!
Also, should I take, for example, acetyl l-carnitine and cdp choline at once or should I separate the intake of these ingredients, I mean, not to separate it into 2 dosages (what is already mentioned) but to leave a "gap" for 10 minutes or so between taking alcar and citicoline.

Nope, no need to separate intake of the ingredients (i.e. no gap necessary b/t alcar and CDP-choline, or the other ingredients that I mentioned).

Cheers,
Mban
+Quote Post
matthewebbert
post Aug 01, 2013, 02:05 PM
Post #65

Aspiring

Member No.: 35004

As per my knowledge , the best nootropic stack for beginners is any combination of Piracetam and Choline supplements.
+Quote Post
cogni
post Aug 15, 2013, 06:01 AM
Post #66

QUOTE(mban @ Jul 31, 2013, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(cogni @ Jul 31, 2013, 05:00 AM) *

thx, mban!

Nope, no need to separate intake of the ingredients (i.e. no gap necessary b/t alcar and CDP-choline, or the other ingredients that I mentioned).

Cheers,
Mban

thx!)

PS Is that possible, that the effect of taking only cdp is better, then in combination with ALCAR?
+Quote Post
matthewebbert
post Aug 21, 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #67

Aspiring

A Nootropic stack is when more than one supplement is taken to boost or increase the affects.When building up a Nootropic stack, it is important to know which combinations to take together.

http://empoweredlabs.com
+Quote Post
mban
post Aug 21, 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #68

QUOTE(cogni @ Aug 15, 2013, 08:01 AM) *

thx!)

PS Is that possible, that the effect of taking only cdp is better, then in combination with ALCAR?

If you are looking to boost acetylcholine (ACh) levels, taking both together is usually synergistic as matthewebbert mentioned with building a stack.

In this particular case, CDP-choline provides the choline moiety and ALCAR provides the acetyl moiety, with both choline and acetyl being necessary building blocks for the formation of acetylcholine. BUT: if too much of both are taken, and ACh levels are boosted too much, there is usually compensatory depression/lethargy.
+Quote Post
cogni
post Aug 25, 2013, 04:58 AM
Post #69

matthewebbert, mban thank you, guys, one more time!)
I had a feeling, if supplement only with CDP gives me more boost, then a stack with ALCAR. But, I took these suplemets with no serious mental performance I had to do, just to try it out. Could it be the case, why I didnīt feel the synergistic effect?
The doses:
- cdp-choline 250 mg
- ALCAR 500 mg (divided into 2, with 250 mg each)
+Quote Post
matthewebbert
post Aug 26, 2013, 07:52 AM
Post #70

Aspiring

The formula for the best nootropic stack is - a racetam or Noopept + Choline source + (optional) natural nootropics. A Nootropic stack is use when more than one supplement is taken to boost or increase the affects.

http://empoweredlabs.com
+Quote Post
cogni
post Aug 27, 2013, 06:47 AM
Post #71

I already got it, matthewebbert, thx=)
Just wondering, why a combination with ALCAR wasnīt as good, as only cdp
+Quote Post
Tone
post Aug 27, 2013, 11:36 AM
Post #72

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

The best nootropics stack is Good Genetics, Good Education & a limbic dopaminergic
+Quote Post
displayname
post Sep 08, 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #73

Member No.: 35640

QUOTE(mban @ Aug 21, 2013, 11:33 AM) *

thx!)

If you are looking to boost acetylcholine (ACh) levels, taking both together is usually synergistic as matthewebbert mentioned with building a stack.

In this particular case, CDP-choline provides the choline moiety and ALCAR provides the acetyl moiety, with both choline and acetyl being necessary building blocks for the formation of acetylcholine. BUT: if too much of both are taken, and ACh levels are boosted too much, there is usually compensatory depression/lethargy.

Were you always a genius or is it the nootropics
+Quote Post
Maylene
post Sep 08, 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 35641

So I've been trawling this thread for awhile now, and have finally decided to create an account.
I'm a complete newbie to noots, and have been apprehensive about taking brain enhancing drugs because of all the stigma and bad rep that it has gotten in my country. I have come to understand that all these claims and worries were generally unfounded so I guess I should delay no longer and place my first order through ebay today!

I would like to state clearly first that the reason for my taking of nootropics is because 1) I have a major exam coming up in november, which is pretty much a do-or-die, whether I get into Uni that sorta thing for me.
so this brings us to 2) I only have about a month to study, taking into consideration that the drugs will take 2-3 weeks to get to me from the states. So from whatever (little) research that I did I would like to think that I've come up with a pretty reasonable stack that will improve my cognitive and memory recall skills.

Piracetam
Aniracetam
Oxiracetam
pyritinol
Sulbutiamine
Picamilon

Is that too much? Too little? I also have a bottle of coenzyme q10 lying around at home so will it make a difference l if I just throw it in the mix? I'm a bit iffy about the dosage as well, but I guess if I buy the capsule forms rather than the powdered ones I could just follow the appropriate dosage that they provide on the label, no?

If its helps here're my "stats". I'm 19, weighing in at 110-115 pounds, 156cm tall. The subjects I'm taking are History, economics, literature, math and general paper. So a lot of memorizing and analytical work is required of me.

Just wondering though, will this provide enough oomph in the short term, since I only have a month? With that being said I am not thinking of continuing nootropics until maybe next year when/ if uni starts, so if you have a harsher and more potent stack which will have side effects but only in the long term, then do recommend it to me to add on to my stack above, or even better, come up with a completely new one if you think I'm way off and I don't know what I'm doing, which I won't take offense at. Promise.

Thank you so much to whoever takes the time to read this and even more so to whomever takes the effort to reply!
+Quote Post
Zubrus
post Sep 12, 2013, 07:55 AM
Post #75

Member No.: 35595

mban,

hello! How long to take this supplements?
+Quote Post
mban
post Sep 19, 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #76

QUOTE(Zubrus @ Sep 12, 2013, 09:55 AM) *

mban,

Hi Zubrus,

If taken at the appropriate dosage, and with cycling as I suggested in a previous post, you can take these supplements for the rest of your life if you would like to.
+Quote Post
mban
post Sep 19, 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #77

QUOTE(displayname @ Sep 08, 2013, 02:37 PM) *

QUOTE(mban @ Aug 21, 2013, 11:33 AM) *

thx!)

Were you always a genius or is it the nootropics

Nootropics don't give a person any higher of an IQ, they just enable you to use what you have to the best possible extent and work at a high level for longer periods of time. Last time I measured my IQ I was somewhere in the low ~120 range; yet I have been able to out-compete most of my peers in university with grades and achievements that could get me into medicine, law, dental and/or grad school at most universities that I could think of applying to. Perseverance and hard work is the key...

Thanks for the complement tho =)
+Quote Post
tickyboy
post Sep 22, 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 35757

Hey all.... I've been looking around for some nootropics after experimenting with a few supplements. I came across ignite brain boost which looks promising. It doesn't contain coq10 which I've had a great increase of energy level, but otherwise it's not too bad so far.

Yes, nootropics do not make you smarter, but they do allow you to maximize your potential for knowledge, which is the most important thing

+Quote Post
tickyboy
post Oct 30, 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #79

Member No.: 35757

Ok... I wanted to give an update. I've become obsessed with boosting brain power, and I think I've found a great product!

It's called A+ Brain Boost by MNC. It suggests taking one capsule at a time, which is ok I find. However, when I double up the dose I find my concentration increases tremendously! So far it's been a big help in writing my next ebook.

I'd say it's a 4 star product. I'm kind of hesitant to try prescription stuff like modafinil, so I'm very happy with A+.

Anyone else try this stuff, or something similar - natural OTC?
+Quote Post
smartdrugsmexico
post Nov 12, 2013, 02:25 PM
Post #80

Member No.: 36386

I'm currently on selegiline 5 mg pills (Brand name NIAR here in Mexico) and it works pretty well for concentration, focus and motivation, when im not on selegiline i go for modafinil, brand name modiodal here... both are a little expensive but they are worth the money. on modafinil i can concentrate and plan , my verbal and working memory are very increased. I am pro smart drugs, here in mexico there is no smart drugs movements or communities or anything, the only good thing is that you can get almost any of this drugs without a prescription..... so if anyone wants something shipped from Mexico im here to help... i can purchase for you brand name selegiline, modafinil, strattera, any SSRI, Hydergine,etc my gmail is : smartdrugsmexico
+Quote Post
smartdrugsmexico
post Nov 20, 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #81

Member No.: 36386

I'm currently on selegiline 5 mg pills (Brand name NIAR here in Mexico) and it works pretty well for concentration, focus and motivation, when im not on selegiline i go for modafinil, brand name modiodal here... both are a little expensive but they are worth the money. on modafinil i can concentrate and plan , my verbal and working memory are very increased. I am pro smart drugs, here in mexico there is no smart drugs movements  or communities or anything, the only good thing is that you can get almost any of this drugs without a prescription..... so if anyone wants something shipped from Mexico im here to help... i can purchase for you selegiline, modafinil, strattera, any SSRI, Hydergine,etc  my gmail is smartdrugsmexico
+Quote Post
hedil
post Mar 16, 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 37068

QUOTE(mban @ Sep 19, 2013, 11:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Zubrus @ Sep 12, 2013, 09:55 AM) *

mban,

Hi Zubrus,

If taken at the appropriate dosage, and with cycling as I suggested in a previous post, you can take these supplements for the rest of your life if you would like to.

Hi mban,

I've read through so many posts, every one seems to have a different opinion, but yours is the one that made the most sense to me. I have reread the whole thread but I have a question or two.

I'm female, 31, 5'3, 54 kgs. I've tried pramiracetam + Choline, I took it for about a month. I'm an extremely skeptical individual who believes in anything that is logical but at the same time questions what is logic. What I want to ask is Will your stack help in any social way? I'm extremely socially awkward, I have a very foggy mind, I can't concentrate when people talk to me, or it requires a lot of effort to keep up in a conversation, it happens that I want to say something, I can form the words very vaguely in my head but then I cat say them. I'm also very very creatively blocked and have a great lack of enthusiasm, I can't concentrate on anything, I can't read anything, and I'm always kind of multitasking but never getting anything done. I also can't think, there's some kind of mental blockage, and sometimes I feel like it hurts when I think too hard...If that makes any sense.

So my brother recommend the pram+choline, It took about a week for me to feel anything but after a week or so all those things pretty much diminished, and boy could i talk, and fast, my speech impairment was gone, things flowed. I'm a bit scared of chemicals, because I believe in the long run can just screw you up because it's not natural and our body can't deal with it. Which is why your stack has me me feel more at ease with giving it a try. I also realised the pram helped me a lot with levelling up my mood as I suffer from BPD with depressive tendencies (Borderline Personality Disorder) so the pram was a huge mood booster, I was completely stable during my intake. I also noticed that I stuck with one thing at a time until it was done.

I'm currently in the process of studying finances but I majored in Fine Arts, however I'm also in the process of continuing my art studies so I have that balance, don't know if it's good or bad. Also after reading your post I've subscribed to the gym a few days ago, because I also believe that exercise is a medicine. Should i take the stack before exercising or after? Anyway so what I want to know is will your stack help me socially emotionally and psychologically as well? because i liked how I felt taking the pram, I used to go out and not have to drink to become social, so that's what I'm looking for as well.
I stopped taking the pram because I don't feel it is something that I should be taken for a life time. However you noted on one of your replies if taken correctly your stack could be taken for a life time.

thank you in advance for your time in answering this.
+Quote Post
mban
post Mar 17, 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #83

The stack can be taken either before or after exercising, it shouldn't matter. The stack has mood boosting properties due to containing both Rhodiola as well as Eleuthero, which will both act to buffer stressful situations. Whether they will ultimately improve your social interaction with other people, you will have to test out the stack and see. The Rhodiola and Eleuthero may boost your confidence in social interactions by boosting dopamine and serotonin levels.

None of the supplements in the stack that I suggested are harmful; you can take it over a lifetime without having to worry. I would recommend talking with your doctor about taking this stack and any possible interactions if you are taking any other medications.

As my post near the start of this thread mentions, it is also crucial that you have excellent diet and sleep patterns. If you are finding it hard to get enough greens in your diet (i.e. vegetables), you can also consider taking a superfood supplement such as Chlorella. I would recommend buying a bulk container (e.g. a 1 kg container can be bought from iHerb) and taking approximately 5 grams or more per day.

Cheers,
Mban
+Quote Post
maxhealthin
post Mar 25, 2014, 10:08 PM
Post #84

Member No.: 37135

Most popular nootropics series in market is like this

Racetams
Piracetam
Aniracetam
Oxiracetam
Pramiracetam
Phenylpiracetam
Coluracetam
Other Nootropics
Noopept
Sulbutiamine
Phenibut
Adrafinil
Sunifiram
L-Theanine
Adrafinil,Modafinil,Noopept

maxhealthin at gmail dot com
+Quote Post
Brain Hacker
post Dec 22, 2016, 03:05 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 38382

So much good advice in this one thread. Think I will be bookmarking it for future reference.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright Đ BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles