Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Meth Ghosts, and other funny bs
Phi
post Jan 03, 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 25755

I haven't ever smoked meth before and never will, so I can't comment too much on this...
BUT, I've come across a few people that have and a common theme I hear is belief in spirits and seeing ghosts. Ghosts and meth seem ridiculous to me...but it I would like to know why this is such a common theme.

I think some of you may enjoy this article:
http://teamwiseman.hubpages.com/hub/The-Tr...aft--And-Demons
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 04, 2012, 05:18 AM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 25755

+Quote Post
HarleyQ
post Feb 13, 2012, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 33971

It was about 20 years ago that I had an almost 2 year love affair with meth. I'd say lack of sleep is the culprit. The paranoia, is feeling like one's being watched. Which isn't the same as hallucinations. Of course it's nothing like LSD. Lack of sleep (after two nights) shadows play tricks on the mind. They appear to move. I remember lying down after three or so nights without sleep (on numerous occasions) watching the shadows move. Just lying there tranced by them. During waking hours, I would see things out of the corners of my eyes. Blurs of movement. But nothing was there of course. IMHO, I don't see anything remotely supernatural about this. It's simply lack of sleep and a very weary, poisoned brain.
+Quote Post
Cassox
post Apr 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #4

Awakening

Member No.: 15624

I used to work at a 5150 unit, and meth heads would tell me about the meth demons. Apparently they are a shared experience. Interesting stuff.
+Quote Post
bropane
post Sep 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 34511

I went on this fishing boat to Catalina Island about 2 months ago. When we were on our way back we were about to pull into the wharf and I'm reading my kindle when this guy come up and says "Hey what is that?" I told that it was a device to read books on and he asked if it could read the bible. I told him yes in theory that he could and he asked if I read it. I told him no which then impelled him to ask if I was Christian. I told him no but that I used to be. He asked me why I lost my faith to which I responded that it made me worse mentally so I stopped practicing. After I told him this he went on this whole long story about how he used to be a meth addict and that he was using for like 2 years until he woke up one morning and heard the voice of god. He said that it said, "I love you," and "Randy I love you." He then said that God showed him a vision of hell where he saw the devil and all of the people being tortured there. God told him that he loves him and does not want to see him there. After that, he said that he never used again and has had a better life since then and that he'll pray for me to become a Christian. I'm not one to dog someone's faith. That's their own business. But part of me wanted to point out to this guy that he was on meth and was addicted to meth when all of this happened. That does not mean that that event was some divine insight. Especially after reading this thread it makes more sense to me now that his experience could have just been a peculiar case of meth ghosts.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog