Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DLPA, dl phenylalanine
Phi
post Dec 27, 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 25755

Lately I've been focusing on supplements that don't necessarily trigger receptors, but serve more in reuptake inhibition. Initially, I ventured into the gabaergics...but that wasn't exactly the direction i was looking for in the end. My main goal is to be able to re-create feelings of well being from my past at will. This doesn't mean getting messed up, although I can recall a few times that I would re-create to a certain degree. Ever since I was very young, I've been extremely active and can recall many days ending in feelings of well-being that increased for many years to come(endorphins).

Anyway, to cut the story short...I'm still active today but recently i messed up my wrist punching somebody repeatedly and my neck/back still hurt(its pretty hard to sleep) a couple weeks later. Since I haven't been active lately, I looked around for some more mood boosting supplements and came across DLPA info. From what I read, D-phenylalanine supposedly stops an enzyme from breaking down endorphins and L-phenylalanine helps to synthesize neurotransmitters that help mood.

I gave it a shot(1500mg DLPA twice daily, and 2000mg Vit C, B-Complex to assist((on an empty stomach)), and for the past 4 days(since I started) I can re-create a natural, noticeable endorphin lift. The best way I can describe it: imagine a long day of manual labor, volunteering, playing sports for extended periods, or just being really busy... and the good, natural feelings that ensue. Anyway, I would like to see how it works out over a longer period of time and when I combine it with more physical activity and anything else that boosts endorphin levels. I haven't noticed more intensity over the past four days, but I came across info saying it could take a few weeks to noticeably build up for pain relief...so I'll report back on both in the next few weeks.

I'm assuming this might be more noticeable to people who have abused painkillers in the past or have some kind of endorphin deficiency. I've been recalling feelings I havent felt since I was 16; I took painkillers from 16-22 to alleviate some mental symptoms which I believe were caused by accutane and worsened by my decisions. Wish I would've chose a better outlet back then, but ignorance combined with a shitty family can easily lead to addiction. Anyway, I'm rambling... I just think DLPA might be helpful to people who can relate to some of the above(I could keep on going in each paragraph, but this post would really be too long).

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 04, 2012, 05:26 AM
Post #2

God

I just started week three and was finally able to exercise. I felt like I was going to vomit after; not too sure if that was because I did the same routine but have been stagnant and it caused more strain, or if that was a sign of blocking endorphin degradation. Will report back when i have more of a solid grasp on the situation
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jan 04, 2012, 05:51 AM
Post #3

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

QUOTE(Phi @ Jan 04, 2012, 07:26 AM) *

I just started week three and was finally able to exercise. I felt like I was going to vomit after; not too sure if that was because I did the same routine but have been stagnant and it caused more strain, or if that was a sign of blocking endorphin degradation. Will report back when i have more of a solid grasp on the situation

Make sure you're drinking adaquate levels of water before, during, and after exercise.

If you decide to try out running, consider these shoes:
http://www.amazon.com/KSO-Shoe-Mens-by-Vib...f=pd_sbs_shoe_2
Expensive but well-worth it!
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 05, 2012, 06:59 AM
Post #4

God

I used to run in high school, I just enjoy biking a lot more. Anyway, I saw those shoes a few months back; I wondered what it would be like to use them.

I could've just felt dehydration, but anyone who knows me knows I always drink a ton of water...so its hard to say. I guess I'll have to pay attention more the next time.

I ran out of the DLPA today so I can also see if there's a difference from not using it.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jan 05, 2012, 10:10 AM
Post #5

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

QUOTE(Phi @ Jan 05, 2012, 08:59 AM) *

I used to run in high school, I just enjoy biking a lot more. Anyway, I saw those shoes a few months back; I wondered what it would be like to use them.

I could've just felt dehydration, but anyone who knows me knows I always drink a ton of water...so its hard to say. I guess I'll have to pay attention more the next time.

I ran out of the DLPA today so I can also see if there's a difference from not using it.

It may look ridiculous and the benefits over conventional shoes may be exaggerated a little, but I do feel a positive difference coming from a runner myself. It is very light and actually force you to use more of the front of your foot as opposed to with the heel which has some negative effects on the bones of your legs. Give it a try at your local footwear store and test them out. Also try them with the socks which is sold seperately. The only drawback is the time is takes to get them on, at first it usually took me over a minute but gradually it became easier!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 01:35 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles