Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Safe Nootropics with Bipolar Disorder
jvis
post Dec 21, 2011, 06:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33851

So I just found out there's this whole pile of drugs called nootropics, and I'm very interested to try some. Mostly for enhanced work performance (I'm a mechanical engineer), but also for some of my more creative hobbies as well.

Problem is, I am a severe Bipolar type 1. I have had at least 4 manic episodes that could only be described as a complete break from reality, with intensely grandiose delusions. I have no depression at all, and I never have to deal with that side of the spectrum (I suppose a good, yet still bad thing). The current drugs I'm on are 200mg Lamictal, 900mg Lithium, 300mg Seroquel, and .5mg Pramipexole (for what my doctor believes to be restless leg syndrome, although since the start of RLS coincided with my start of taking Seroquel, and Zyprexa gave me severe akathesia, I think its just akathesia as well (but what do I know)).

Given that mental drug cocktail, are there really any nootropics out there that would still be safe? I am a perpetual nicotine user (alternate between the patch and gum), and caffeine user. But other than those?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Stinkorninjor
post Oct 01, 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 35870

Absolutely. The first thing you need to do, is to switch the lithium carbonate or citrate out - and replace it with Lithium OROTATE.

The orotate ion makes the lithium far more bioavailable, and hence you don't need that intense of a dose, you probably only need about two tabs of LI-oro - like, 10 mg of elemental lithium in there.

( most LI-oro supplements only contain about 5 mg elemental lithium, and like 120 mg of li-oro, compared to the about 120-130mg elemental li in your li-carbonate)

So, li-oro and a big HUUUUGE heapin' helpin' of Omega-3 oils! =) Lots of actual omega-3 epa and dha oils.
Like, a 1000mg of it pure. It's a bit tricky to find that much oil tho', in supplements, so you might need to pop quite a few pills to get it.

Like, say there's 100 epa and 120 dha in one 500 mg O3-pill - that means you'd need like 9-10 capsules of regular O3-capsules to actually get all the EPA/DHA you need!

Hopefully you can find a supplement with a richer amount than 100 mg's of O3-oil. At 400 mg's out of 500, you'd need much less pills, like 3 of 'em or so.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles