Jakare
post Jul 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #31

Demi-God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 21, 2012, 04:55 PM) *

ATTENTION PLEASE!

Does anyone @ BrainM, learn anything valuable from "Joe"?

BTW, @ SAGGO, I have a thread on "Philosophy of Religion ...", which I opened using "Turner" (2007). It now has over 4, 600, 000 hits.

I generally don´t agree with 'him' nor do I read everything he writes but I do appreciate the different to common point of view (or sense some might say wink.gif ) he express even when compared with other belivers. I might even have learnt something, who knows?...
At first I found Joesus comments very irritating and too pro-proselitist for my taste, but now seems to be keeping a lower profile on this and is just another Brainmeta member with his particularities and oddities and I sort of love him.

4.600.000 hits on a thread titled Philosophy of Religion? What were you discussing? Semantics?

QUOTE(Flex @ Jul 21, 2012, 09:31 PM) *

I personally don't understand WTF the field is supposed to be/in reference to.

I don´t neither. For me a 'field' can be a sort or barrier produced by a force (magnetism) or an illusion effet created by velocity of a given particle trap in an orbit...
Think of this as it was an atom with its electrons spinning around it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXtqNP5_YXU
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #32

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(Jakare @ Jul 21, 2012, 10:16 PM) *

4.600.000 hits on a thread titled Philosophy of Religion? What were you discussing? Semantics?

His family vacations, his definitions of what he likes to call God. Actually when you examine the facts, there are few participants. I calculated out of every 5000 hits there is about 1 post. Usually between the same 3 or 4 regulars. The tide of the conversation usually flows back to the Reverend and the attention he would like to put upon his personal claims to fame and glory.

QUOTE(Flex @ Jul 21, 2012, 08:31 PM) *

The Rev. King reality makes more sense to me.
The reverend King reality was what I was addressing when he mentioned the "New Physics" "The God Particle" and "The Field" as defined by the Rev. King Reality, set within the boundaries of the Rev. King Unitheism and Rev. King Process Theologian.
Maybe you could clue us in as to what you got, that makes sense.
Not sure the Rev. Has an idea of what the field is either, other than in terms he defines. That was the whole point of my attention on his self proclaimed authority of subject definition and comparisons.

+Quote Post
Flex
post Jul 22, 2012, 05:59 PM
Post #33

God

Member No.: 5877

Trying to figure out what this illusive field as we speak! Just picked up a copy of Stephen Hawkings, The Grand Design. I will let you know how it is in the coming days.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Aug 25, 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #34

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

QUOTE(Flex @ Jul 22, 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Trying to figure out what this illusive field as we speak! Just picked up a copy of Stephen Hawkings, The Grand Design. I will let you know how it is in the coming days.

I Found the following helpful:
LHC experiments bring new insight into matter of the primordial universe

Geneva, 13 August 2012. Experiments using heavy ions at CERN1’s Large Hadron Collider (LHC) are advancing understanding of the primordial universe. The ALICE, ATLAS and CMS collaborations have made new measurements of the kind of matter that probably existed in the first instants of the universe. They will present their latest results at the Quark Matter 2012 conference, which starts today in Washington DC. The new findings are based mainly on the four-week LHC run with lead ions in 2011, during which the experiments collected 20 times more data than in 2010.

Just after the big bang, quarks and gluons – basic building blocks of matter – were not confined inside composite particles such as protons and neutrons, as they are today. Instead, they moved freely in a state of matter known as "quark–gluon plasma". Collisions of lead ions in the LHC, the world’s most powerful particle accelerator, recreate for a fleeting moment conditions similar to those of the early universe. By examining a billion or so of these collisions, the experiments have been able to make more precise measurements of the properties of matter under these extreme conditions.

“The field of heavy-ion physics is crucial for probing the properties of matter in the primordial universe, one of the key questions of fundamental physics that the LHC and its experiments are designed to address...."

http://press.web.cern.ch/press/PressReleas...2/PR21.12E.html
+Quote Post
Fox Dame
post Oct 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 34615

This kind of hype driven Science reporting makes me queazy. When a group of scientists are so excessively convinced they are right, evidence is often the first casualty. That is part of the history of Science.
If this claim is true, then great, we can deal with it and it's implications. But this constant flow of claims, and anti climaxes and rumours and counter rumours does NOTHING for the reputation of Science.
Yes it very well may be the way Science works.... so please don't feel the need to remind me ... but the public does not understand that !http://www.buygw2golds.com
+Quote Post
pooFox
post Oct 22, 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 34633

I just started looking at this. What if the supposed Higgs is not physical? Can they still find it?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:25 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles