Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nootropic stack Olney's lesions
somedude
post Oct 26, 2011, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33704

Swim did dxm once a week for a few months (estimated >30 times overall) which resulted in minor brain damage. Swim noticed a lapse in ability to translate thoughts into words causing swim to believe he may have suffered some damage to brocas area in the form of Olney's lesions (does this sound like a correct diagnosis?). Swims friends say swim is overreacting and they don't notice any difference but swim does. Swim stopped using dxm ~6 months ago and has noticed some recovery but wants to make sure he recovers as much as possible and recently started taking piracetam (2g's 3 times a day), gingko biloba (120mg twice a day), co-enzyme q10 (200mg 3 times a day), choline citrate (.5g twice a day), and huperzine-a (200mcg once a day). Does this sound like a decent course of action? any recommendations on other drugs/doses that may be useful? Swim is 19
thanks,
Swim
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Yoder
post Oct 26, 2011, 11:01 AM
Post #2

Aspiring

Member No.: 31895

QUOTE(somedude @ Oct 26, 2011, 10:36 AM) *

Swim did dxm once a week for a few months (estimated >30 times overall) which resulted in minor brain damage. Swim noticed a lapse in ability to translate thoughts into words causing swim to believe he may have suffered some damage to brocas area in the form of Olney's lesions (does this sound like a correct diagnosis?). Swims friends say swim is overreacting and they don't notice any difference but swim does. Swim stopped using dxm ~6 months ago and has noticed some recovery but wants to make sure he recovers as much as possible and recently started taking piracetam (2g's 3 times a day), gingko biloba (120mg twice a day), co-enzyme q10 (200mg 3 times a day), choline citrate (.5g twice a day), and huperzine-a (200mcg once a day). Does this sound like a decent course of action? any recommendations on other drugs/doses that may be useful? Swim is 19
thanks,
Swim

Swim thinks swim is overreacting too..
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Oct 26, 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #3

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(Yoder @ Oct 26, 2011, 09:01 PM) *

Swim thinks swim is overreacting too..

Most probably yes. Hypochondria is probably the biggest damage dxm has done here.
Swim should know aswell some drugs can make you more hypochondriac than you already were. Just something to consider.
Anyway i donīt think that given your age 200mcg of huperzine A is a good idea at all, not even talking of taking it every day. Not the best solution neither is to take 600mg of Q10 a day. Letīs say with 50mg to 100mg Q10 A DAY should be enough as it can be dangerous in high dosis if you do practice any vigorous exercise or sport. And i canīt see fish oil or Alcar on your stack. Forget about megadosing itīs not the way to go. It took to you a few months to do the damage IF such damage does exist. Donīt expect to fix it quick.
+Quote Post
somedude
post Oct 26, 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 33704

Swim will cut back on the huperzine a and coenzyme q10, swim was just goin by the directions on the bottles. are there any significant aftereffects to be worried about from these supplements? swim also thinks its important to mention that he did percocets 4 times a week for almost 2 years, drank excessively, and smoked F**K loads of pot which took there toll as well. Also swim does take 2400mg of omega 3, 6, and 9 (combo supplement)
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Oct 26, 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #5

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(somedude @ Oct 27, 2011, 03:55 AM) *

Swim will cut back on the huperzine a and coenzyme q10, swim was just goin by the directions on the bottles. are there any significant aftereffects to be worried about from these supplements? swim also thinks its important to mention that he did percocets 4 times a week for almost 2 years, drank excessively, and smoked F**K loads of pot which took there toll as well. Also swim does take 2400mg of omega 3, 6, and 9 (combo supplement)

Swim can do some research from himself smile.gif
But maybe would be better to change his lifestyle just to get started.
+Quote Post
astroidea
post Oct 29, 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #6

Aspiring

Member No.: 22853

I've went through some of those symptoms when my drug usage got out of hand. What I found for me to be the culprit was a dysfunction of dopamine. When you overindulge in drugs, your dopamine levels bottom out.
This can create lapses in your ability to socialize easily. Words won't come to you easily. Your working memory required to form coherent sentences will take a hit as well. Working memory is also the key aspect that makes you feel smart.

A good way to regain your dopamine is to try to work through goals you have, or perhaps play some games. I also found socializing on amphetamine to be helpful for me to regain my dopamine. But be careful not to become dependent as that would only hurt your dopamine. If you do take amphetamine, use it to make connections with people, or work towards your goals. Make yourself a better person.

On top of the nootropics, make sure you're eating regular meals with a good balance of nutrients from the food groups.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 09:49 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright Đ BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles