Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A psychonauts Christmas list
AcidMike
post Sep 10, 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33577

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I've lurked these forums for a little while now and have decided to contribute and take part in discussions. smile.gif

On to the topic at hand, Christmas is not far away. Like all of you I have a great interest in consciousness and cognition and thus my request list will reflect this fascination.

I've recently developed an interest in biofeedback & BCI technology and have had a life long interest in dreaming, particularly lucidly. Below is the currently small list of things I'm looking into, which I'm sure will be of interest to the psychonauts of the board. I'm asking within this thread your opinions and recommendations. smile.gif

Neurosky's MindWave
SleepPhones
The REMDreamer
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Sep 11, 2011, 07:14 AM
Post #2

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

I tried SleepPhones, which turned out to be a complete waste of money. The problems I had with it were that the sound quality was muffled, it was uncomfortable to wear, and it didn't fit. It is not worth $40...

I have not tried REMDreamer yet and will not until the second generation comes out. The release for that is still unclear to most. They have been working on it for a few years now. I might have REMDreamer and NOVADreamer mixed up.

Neurosky's MindWave is a very interesting product. I might buy it sometime later.
+Quote Post
AcidMike
post Sep 14, 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #3

I'm really saddened to hear the sleep phones may not live up to the websites hype. They really seem like a great invention. Thanks for the heads up. The REMDreamer and MindWave still seem like viable options, so I hope somebody that has experience with either device comes along.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Sep 14, 2011, 04:53 AM
Post #4

Overlord

I'll sell you my SleepPhones for $30. It is in nearly perfect condition.

I looked into NOVA/REMDreamer but to me it looks like to would be more of a distraction than an inner-awakening. For example, I wouldn't be able to roll on my side. I would have to sleep with my back on the bed at nearly all times. Innovative and creative device. It really is! Maybe if they came out with a 30 day rental for it, then I would try it out.

I don't have much to say about the Mindwave since I just learned of it's existence. So I'll get back to you on that.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Sep 14, 2011, 06:10 AM
Post #5

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

Wellcome AcidMike. Lucid dreaming is quite difficult to master, i haven´t been able myself. Have you got experiences with lucid dreams?
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Sep 14, 2011, 09:09 AM
Post #6

Overlord

I have yet to experience constant lucid dreams. It's harder than it seems! I just haven't gone around to actually try hard enough. I have pretty good dream recall! Most likely nootropics would help me achieve this.
+Quote Post
AcidMike
post Sep 15, 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #7

Thanks for the offer K3n, very generous of you but I'll pass for now.
Yes, I have had experiences with lucid dreams and hypnagogia, one of which I described in the lucid dream thread. But I am far from a master, which is why I'm interested in a device that will increase the frequency of lucidity.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Sep 15, 2011, 04:45 AM
Post #8

Overlord

I just had another sleep paralysis this morning. It didn't turn into a lucid dream or OBE but rather just a normal one that had me shift into a regular dream. For some reason, everytime I have a sleep paralysis, I always imagine or feel that an alien is present in the room with me. This terrified me when I experienced my first paralysis. But now when I conjure up the thought of aliens during my paralysis, I'm not afraid to confront it or punch it in the face (with my mind).

Here's an analogy: (I know I know...it was the only one I could think of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rHPZ3jEVkw
1:10-1:45

I thought hallucinations during sleep were fear induced? And how do I convert a sleep paralysis into an OBE? I have at least one sleep paralysis a month.

Settings:
-Top of bunk bed
-95% dark (Alarm clock light)
-Really cold (66 F indoors) (First time all summer) (36 F outside) (I love sleeping in cold rooms)
-My alarm clock doesn't work so I have to train myself to wake up at 6:00 (For school), I would automatically wake myself up when I was curious about the time. First I woke at 4:00, then 5:14, then 6:00. I think this triggered the paralysis.
-Fan was on (It's on everynight to help me sleep) (Does this impair me from having more lucid dreams?)
-I've been sick the past three days and still am
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 08:00 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles