BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First Day with Nootropics (Piracetam and Choline Citrate)
KoolK3n
post Feb 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
Post #31

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33523

I know many of you are sick of nootropic stack related posts but I've added a lot recently:
Note: I've been on this routine for a few months now

Morning:
-ALCAR 100mg (Few Times Weekly)
-Coconut Oil 1000mg
-Coenzyme q10 100mg (Going to cut)
-DMAE 100mg
-Bacopa Extract 300mg (Few Times Weekly)
-Piracetam 1000mg
-Cinnamon 1000mg (Twice Weekly)
-Royal Jelly 1000mg (Few Times Weekly)
-Artichoke Extract 1000mg (Twice Weekly)
-Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg (Few Times Weekly)
-Ginkgo Biloba 100mg (Few Times Weekly)
-Rhodiola Rosea 100mg (Few Times Weekly)
-Choline Citrate 300mg (Few Times Weekly)
-Resveratrol 100mg (Few Times Weekly)

Evening:
-Fish Oil 2000mg
-Multivitamin
-Lecithin 1000mg
-Balanced Amino Acid 2000mg
-Turmeric 1000mg
-Valerian Root 300mg (Weekly)
-Lemon Balm/Passionflower 100mg (Weekly)
-Biotin 1000mcg
-Garlic 1000mg (Weekly)
-Lions Mane 500mg (Weekly)

Other Minor Habits:
-Green Tea
-Vegetable Juice (Spirulina & Chlorella)
-Unsweetened Dark Coffee (Few Times Weekly)

May add relatively soon:
-Milk Thistle
-Melatonin
-Creatine
-Cranberry & Pomegranate

Would like to add much later in the future/Desired but cost prohibitive:
-Sulbutiamine (Enhanced B1)
-Pyrinitol (Enhanced B6)
-Picamilon (Enhanced B3)
-Idebenone (Enhanced Coenzyme q10)
-NADH & Pyruvate
-SAM-E
-Magnesium L-threonate
-Bilberry (Eye Vision)
-Astaxanthin (Eye Vision)
-Lutein (Eye Vision)

Thoughts? Professional advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
Post #32

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

I know many of you are sick of nootropic stack related posts but I've added a lot recently:
Note: I've been on this routine for a few months now

Just because I am fond of you.

Morning:
-Coconut Oil 1000mg
-Coenzyme q10 100mg (Going to cut)
-DMAE 100mg
-Piracetam 1000mg

Hi Koolk3n, my thoughts:
-I am not sure if coconut oil is a worth investment. I know there is good research about it but unless you use it for cooking every day...at such tiny doses...
-Coenzyme Q10, YES cut it. I don´t recommend doing exercise while on Q10.
-Piracetam you could take higher doses:
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54322...-48-grams-dose/
-Ginkgo Biloba, cut it or dicht it, you are too young and it is a potent blood thinner, piracetam is a weak blood thinner aswell.
-Resveratrol, you are too young and is too expensive.
-Alpha Lipoic Acid, not needed at such low doses of Alcar and if you have to, then use R-ala form. But I would say better save yourself the money.

Evening:
-Fish Oil 2000mg
-Multivitamin
-Lecithin 1000mg
-Turmeric 1000mg
-Biotin 1000mcg
-Garlic 1000mg (Weekly)

-Lecithin was worthless for me and you are already taking choline so save the money.
-What king of turmeric are you using? Curcumin? Anyway 500mg should be enough. Take into account most of the supplements in the market are sold at doses only needed by the very old people and because many people thinks "the more the better" and they buy acordingly to that missconception.
-Lions Mane has really good research but is way to expensive and it should be taken at 1g or so daily for months to have any effect if I can remember well. So if what you want is to upregulate BDNF you would be better doing intermittent fasting once or twice a week or/and adding 50mcg of huperzine A once a week.

Other Minor Habits:
-Green Tea

May add relatively soon:
-Milk Thistle
-Melatonin
-Creatine
-Cranberry & Pomegranate

Melatonin at less than 1mg and not every day, you are not old enough. Have you thought on a low dose of Lithium orotate?

-Sulbutiamine (Enhanced B1)=I want to try it again. Didn´t get a consistent effect last time (bad batch?)
-Pyrinitol (Enhanced B6)=Worth trying. For me too expensive for a too little objective effect (or bad batch)
-Picamilon (Enhanced B3)=Never felt anything.
-Idebenone (Enhanced Coenzyme q10)=Curious aswell.
-NADH & Pyruvate= ? no idea.
-SAM-E=I´ve heard can be tricky and can interact with a lot of supplements.
-Magnesium L-threonate=It is expensive and is not that clearly superior to other forms of magnesium to justify its price.

-Bilberry (Eye Vision)
-Lutein (Eye Vision)

Do you have vision problems?
If you are working or spending too many ours on your computer use this:
http://stereopsis.com/flux/

+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Feb 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #33

Overlord

-Coconut Oil es barato pero I'll consider cutting
-Good idea in increasing the Piracetam dosage. My primary reason for taking Piracetam because of the reduction in lipofuscin.
-I will cut resveratrol, choline citrate, and ginkgo biloba as well
-This was my Turmeric:
http://www.amazon.com/Spicy-World-Turmeric...29966405&sr=8-2
-Do you recommend lithium orotate? I have some concerns.
-Thanks for the Stereopsis Flux link!!!
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 23, 2012, 04:50 AM
Post #34

Demi-God

I doubt you´ve got any significant acummulation of lipofuscin at your age. Anyway piracetam may prevent that and so Alcar will. but the best supplement lipofuscin-wise is Centrophenoxine, you could use it once a year as a profilactic and forget about it. It is what I am planning to do.
At your age I would be more concerned about avoiding too much sun exposure, chronic inflammation and to prevent AGEs acummulation, your kidneys, brain and retines among others can suffer with or without lipofuscin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_glycation_end-product

4. Tissue Glycation
http://www.vincegiuliano.name/Antiagingfir...ycationfirewall
Exponents of the glycation theory of aging believe that mitigation of tissue glycation (cross linking of tissue proteins with sugars) could contribute to raising the effective upper limit of human life spans. Glycation is a process involving a sugar molecule such as fructose or glucose bonding to a protein or lipid molecule without the involvement of an enzyme. Glycation may occur either inside the body or be present in foods consumed such as in browned meats, baked goods or french fries. Cross-linking compounds can also be introduced into the body by smoking or chewing cured tobacco. Known as the Maillard reaction, glycation leads to molecular cross-linking and polymerization and the development of brown-color products known as Advanced Glycation Endproducts (AGEs). The brown of toast and burnt crusts on roasted meat are examples of AGEs. A simplistic way of thinking about it is that glycation cooks tissues in an older person’s body rendering them dysfunctional and dangerous to their neighboring tissues.

Body levels of AGEs increase with age and depend on the kinds of food eaten as well as internal bodily processes that eliminate them. The result of AGEs can be self-propagating systemic or "silent" tissue inflammation. AGEs are recognized by cell RAGE receptors which result in the production of cytokine chemicals that can induce unwanted and potentially deadly inflammation in blood vessels, nerve, liver and other tissues. Atherosclerosis can be a consequence. AGEs are responsible for much bodily mischief related to aging leading to deterioration of function and structure of organs. They play important roles in diabetes, atherosclerosis, vascular disease, kidney failure, and neuropathy including Alzheimer's disease.

The presence of AGEs also appears to negatively impact on immune system functioning. Diabetes in particular appears to have its roots due to glycation and people with high blood sugar levels are particularly susceptible to glycation. Glycation and associated inflammation is believed to be a major contributor to microangiopathy. Glycation and oxidation seem to some extent to go hand in hand and there is evidence that the presence of one increases the susceptibility to the other. The presence of AGEs in swollen lysomes in a glycated tissue can result in a multifold increase in the rate of production of free radicals compared to that in an unclycated tissue. Moreover, glycation and oxidation can conspire with each other to produce disease effects such as renal failure.

Lithium has really good research supporting it, is a very well known substance, is dirty cheap and at low doses is quite safe. I just ordered some, not expecting to feel anything from it though.

As it is not an extract 1g is appropiate. I imagine should be messy to take. With the money you are saving from the other supplements I would get Curcumin extract in pills.
I did find out the common dose of 500mg of curcumin extract is a little bit too much for me a day, at least if it comes with black pepper extract which increase bioavailability but the ones without black pepper have the same price so what I do is take it EOD (every other day). I have been looking for caps of 250mg with pepper extract but I can´t find them and I think thats the right dose for the young ones.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Feb 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #35

Overlord

Okay, I kinda rushed my last post but for the time being I can post without disruptions.

"I doubt you´ve got any significant acummulation of lipofuscin at your age. Anyway piracetam may prevent that and so Alcar will. but the best supplement lipofuscin-wise is Centrophenoxine, you could use it once a year as a profilactic and forget about it. It is what I am planning to do."

Profilactic...interesting word. Anyway yeah you're right, I probably have very minimial lipofuscin due to my age and more importantly, I am or was taking DMAE, Ginko Biloba, ALCAR which also reduces lipofuscin. I will try Centrophenoxine eventually along with Cerebrolysin and HGH lol. Must...make...more...money while maintaining an enjoyable life lol.

--

"At your age I would be more concerned about avoiding too much sun exposure, chronic inflammation and to prevent AGEs acummulation, your kidneys, brain and retines among others can suffer with or without lipofuscin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_glyc...d-product"

I live in a relatively cold location and with current habits, I am actually concerned not getting enough sun for me serotonin and vitamin D. Is that it though? It would seem like the sun would have other health benefits. After all aren't we "photosynthetic" to some degree? lol

Wow! Interesting link! I will consider adding Carosine and Benfotiamine. Pile on to the stack....

--

"Lithium has really good research supporting it, is a very well known substance, is dirty cheap and at low doses is quite safe. I just ordered some, not expecting to feel anything from it though."

Could you show me some studies regarding any nootropic effect?

--

"I did find out the common dose of 500mg of curcumin extract is a little bit too much for me a day, at least if it comes with black pepper extract which increase bioavailability but the ones without black pepper have the same price so what I do is take it EOD (every other day). I have been looking for caps of 250mg with pepper extract but I can´t find them and I think thats the right dose for the young ones."

Usually, 5-10% of Black pepper actually contains the desired piperine. The reason why you can't find black pepper extract is because it's been patented by Sabinsa Corporation under the product name "Biopeprine". Still deciding whether I should get bulk black pepper or biopeprine. Cheap black pepper powder:
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Pepper-Powder-...30035911&sr=8-2
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 23, 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #36

Demi-God

Could you show me some studies regarding any nootropic effect of lithium?

Well no, because is not a nootropic.
Benfotiamine is already on my stack, is a kind of personal decision though. One or two caps a week should be enough for a young non diabetic person. Carnosine is too expensive.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Feb 23, 2012, 04:29 PM
Post #37

Overlord

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 23, 2012, 05:57 PM) *

Benfotiamine is already on my stack, is a kind of personal decision though. One or two caps a week should be enough for a young non diabetic person. Carnosine is too expensive.

Sounds good but dang I didn't know carnosine was that expensive. Btw are they're any other "enhanced" forms of vitamins? (ex: sulbutiamine, picamilon, pyrinitol, etc)
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Feb 24, 2012, 06:00 AM
Post #38

Overlord

Rar, what is the recommended dosage for Lithium Orotate? I think Lithium needs to be taken with extreme caution.

Interesting link comparing Lithium Aspartate and Lithium Orotate:
http://www.ehow.com/about_6582987_lithium-...um-orotate.html

On another note, I've come across a study that shows that while Benfotiamine improves thiamine, it only does so in peripheral system rather than the brain.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18549472
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Feb 28, 2012, 05:31 AM
Post #39

Demi-God

On another note, I've come across a study that shows that while Benfotiamine improves thiamine, it only does so in peripheral system rather than the brain.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18549472

Really strange, check this out:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20385653

I still think a low dose of lithium orotate is safe and it is 'probably''hopefully still' beneficial:
http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?id=952
The therapeutic dose for bipolar disorder is of ~170mg of elemental lithium, such dose need to be taken under control. But that is far away from the 5mg of elemental lithium on my orotate supplement.

More information about circadian rhythm:
http://www.anti-agingfirewalls.com/2012/02...ess-and-health/
I think wishing to have a high cognitive functioning during all the day is wrong. Feeling naturally tired or dull in the evening is normal and even healthy, means melatonin levels are rising preparing your body for a good repairing sleep.
Of course blue light in the night can be used as a tool when you do need to perform well at that time but paying the price of a disrupted circadian clock.
At the same time not getting enough blue light in the morning and afternoon will prevent you from getting your cognitive ability´s peak.
Appart of the Flux program I am using this glasses when I need to read or use the computer for hours at night and my eyes dont get so tired:
http://www.blublocker.com/
+Quote Post
5hadow12ogue
post Mar 01, 2012, 12:33 AM
Post #40

Aspiring

Member No.: 33923

Have you considered adding or using L-Theanine? I know from personal experience that it works nicely with Piracetam/Choline stacks.

As previously mentioned you can/should take more Piracetam, when I first started my Piracetam regimen I was taking around 2,400mg a day along with 310mg Choline Bitartrate, and now about 8 months later I'm taking around 4,800mg Piracetam and 620mg Choline Bitartrate.

When you take Piracetam you need to make sure your Calcium levels and Glutamate levels are sufficient as both play pivotal roles in Piracetam's functionality. You can get calcium via most multi-vitamins or from Calcium Citrate, glutamate can be found in most foods containing Protein if I'm not mistaken as well as MSG.

There is a PDF available for download at http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/piracetam-research it's near the top. You kinda need to look for it as it doesn't really stand out for some reason. However the PDF contains a LOT of information regarding Piracetam and the other Racetam's as well and you might find it useful as well as anyone else interested in Piracetam/Racetams.

Also as mentioned earlier in the thread don't expect to see results all to suddenly, it took me about 3 weeks of taking Piracetam daily before I started to notice that my recall was becoming sharper. And ofc, I think this goes without saying but you never know, DON'T expect "Limitless" results as you won't find them anywhere outside of the movie. lol.

Well I hope you found my ramble to be informative, and if you have any questions/comments/concerns voice them! tongue.gif
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 01, 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #41

Overlord

QUOTE(5hadow12ogue @ Mar 01, 2012, 02:33 AM) *

Have you considered adding or using L-Theanine? I know from personal experience that it works nicely with Piracetam/Choline stacks.

L-Theanin supplements are cost-prohibitive and I prefer Green tea anyway. Overall, it has more health benefits.

As previously mentioned you can/should take more Piracetam, when I first started my Piracetam regimen I was taking around 2,400mg a day along with 310mg Choline Bitartrate, and now about 8 months later I'm taking around 4,800mg Piracetam and 620mg Choline Bitartrate.

I'd just take 1 gram of Pramiracetam which translates to roughly 10-15 grams of Piracetam.

There is a PDF available for download at http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/piracetam-research it's near the top. You kinda need to look for it as it doesn't really stand out for some reason. However the PDF contains a LOT of information regarding Piracetam and the other Racetam's as well and you might find it useful as well as anyone else interested in Piracetam/Racetams.

Thanks!

Also as mentioned earlier in the thread don't expect to see results all to suddenly, it took me about 3 weeks of taking Piracetam daily before I started to notice that my recall was becoming sharper. And ofc, I think this goes without saying but you never know, DON'T expect "Limitless" results as you won't find them anywhere outside of the movie. lol.

I've been taking Piracetam and other "nootropics" for several months now. While my dosage may be pretty insignificant to make any difference, I may switch to pramiracetam. It is a very expensive nootropic, so switching over will take some heavy consideration. I still think coffee is the best nootropic stimulant as long as you don't abuse it. Actually, I've just started taking coffee and green tea together with positive effects. Much less jittering occuring while maintaining stimulant effects.
I think these nootropics may provide the closest replication to NZT (Limitless):
-Sulbutiamine
-Pyrinitol
-Pramiracetam
-SAM-E
-Cerebrolysin
-Amphetamine (Caution)
I advise against this super expensive regimen, until more research and money is available.
Also, this list is always changing
+Quote Post
5hadow12ogue
post Mar 01, 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #42

Aspiring

QUOTE(KoolK3n @ Mar 01, 2012, 03:51 PM) *

L-Theanin supplements are cost-prohibitive and I prefer Green tea anyway. Overall, it has more health benefits.

I'd just take 1 gram of Pramiracetam which translates to roughly 10-15 grams of Piracetam.

Thanks!

I've been taking Piracetam and other "nootropics" for several months now. While my dosage may be pretty insignificant to make any difference, I may switch to pramiracetam. It is a very expensive nootropic, so switching over will take some heavy consideration. I still think coffee is the best nootropic stimulant as long as you don't abuse it. Actually, I've just started taking coffee and green tea together with positive effects. Much less jittering occuring while maintaining stimulant effects.
I think these nootropics may provide the closet replication to NZT (Limitless):
-Sulbutiamine
-Pyrinitol
-Pramiracetam
-SAM-E
-Cerebrolysin
-Amphetamine (Caution)
I advise against this super expensive regimen, until more research and money is available.

Yea I get L-Theanine through Green Tea as well, and occasionally other drinks that happen to contain it. You can assuredly find L-Theanine in at least 2-3 drinks at most gas stations.

Pramiracetam is nice, and yea it's fairly costly to be honest. However it has several reported side effects such as anxiety, insomnia, heartburn, and it can accumulate in your renal system (something someone with a kidney disorder should know). Where as Piracetam has no side effects, aside from headaches caused from deficient levels of Choline. I've taken an attack dose of 16g of Piracetam and experienced no side effects.

"-Amphetamine (Caution)" Yea Amphetamine's can give a sort of "cognitive" boost, however they carry serious ramifications with extensive useage.
Cerebrolysin seems pretty interesting it's side effects don't seem too diabolical other than; hypertension/hypotension as well as shortness of breath.
SAMe supposedly can cause anorexia. Funny thing is I actually heard two customers at the restaurant I work at discussing SAMe just the other day!
Sulbutiamine http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101487
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 01, 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #43

Overlord

QUOTE(5hadow12ogue @ Mar 01, 2012, 05:48 PM) *

Pramiracetam is nice, and yea it's fairly costly to be honest.

The price of Piracetam has increased 58% since the last time I bought it in bulk. Particularly this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Piracetam-servings-S...s/dp/B004M4BT46

These new prices actually match the cost of Pramiracetam on CerebralHealth. $60 Piracetam for 500 grams on Amazon. $120 Pramiracetam for 100 grams on Ceberalhealth. 1g Pramiracetam = 10g Piracetam. Do the math and both are almost the same in price. That's if you assume Cerebralhealth's pramiracetam product is legit.

However it has several reported side effects such as anxiety, insomnia, heartburn, and it can accumulate in your renal system (something someone with a kidney disorder should know). Where as Piracetam has no side effects, aside from headaches caused from deficient levels of Choline. I've taken an attack dose of 16g of Piracetam and experienced no side effects.

The side effects of Pramiracetam apply equally to Piracetam.

"-Amphetamine (Caution)" Yea Amphetamine's can give a sort of "cognitive" boost, however they carry serious ramifications with extensive useage.

Agreed!

Cerebrolysin seems pretty interesting it's side effects don't seem too diabolical other than; hypertension/hypotension as well as shortness of breath.
SAMe supposedly can cause anorexia. Funny thing is I actually heard two customers at the restaurant I work at discussing SAMe just the other day!

Yes and too much coffee can kill you. Some individuals may experience different results than the majority, that's how medicine works. "Experiment" and come back with some results!

Thanks! Yeah I saw that a while ago. I should have mentioned that Sulbutiamine should be cycled instead of as a dietary supplement.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 01, 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #44

Overlord

QUOTE(Jakare @ Feb 28, 2012, 07:31 AM) *

Really strange, check this out:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20385653

Strange indeed. Maybe the absorption may have differed in humans and mice for that particular substance.

I still think a low dose of lithium orotate is safe and it is 'probably''hopefully still' beneficial:
http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?id=952
The therapeutic dose for bipolar disorder is of ~170mg of elemental lithium, such dose need to be taken under control. But that is far away from the 5mg of elemental lithium on my orotate supplement.

Haha, I cannot deny my lithium de oro anymore!

I think wishing to have a high cognitive functioning during todos los dias is wrong. Feeling naturally tired or dull in the evening is normal and even healthy, means melatonin levels are rising preparing your body for a bueno repairing sleep.

True! Unfortunately, I am getting at most 6 hours of sleep per night which has me crave stimulants even more. Hence the caffeine & theanine combo which worked great today considering I had almost none all week. It's hard to believe that some take over 6 cups of coffee per day to obtain the same results. Oh, the power of a rapid tolerance buildup! LOL!

At the same time not getting enough blue light in the morning and afternoon will prevent you from getting your cognitive ability´s peak.
Appart of the Flux program I am using this glasses when I need to read or use the computer for hours at night and my eyes dont get so tired:
http://www.blublocker.com/

What if I take melatonin supplements with the shades on when I have to study late into the night? I'm assuming it would be better for me but would sedate me more ultimately slowing down efficiency. Curing the Student Syndrome I have would make my life a whole lot better.
+Quote Post
5hadow12ogue
post Mar 01, 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #45

Aspiring

QUOTE(KoolK3n @ Mar 01, 2012, 07:27 PM) *

The price of Piracetam has increased 58% since the last time I bought it in bulk. Particularly this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Piracetam-servings-S...s/dp/B004M4BT46

These new prices actually match the cost of Pramiracetam on CerebralHealth. $60 Piracetam for 500 grams on Amazon. $120 Pramiracetam for 100 grams on Ceberalhealth. 1g Pramiracetam = 10g Piracetam. Do the math and both are almost the same in price. That's if you assume Cerebralhealth's pramiracetam product is legit.

The side effects of Pramiracetam apply equally to Piracetam.

Yes and too much coffee can kill you. Some individuals may experience different results than the majority, that's how medicine works. "Experiment" and come back with some results!

Thanks! Yeah I saw that a while ago. I should have mentioned that Sulbutiamine should be cycled instead of as a dietary supplement.

Personally I order my Piracetam in capsules as I don't have the time to capsule them myself nor the stomach to take it alone/mix it in a drink. That item you linked however seems absurdly overpriced! The bottles I order is 120count 800mg capsules so it's around 96g for 17$ which lasts me around a month which I find to be a fair price.

I've personally never experienced heartburn with Piracetam, although I did have some difficulty falling asleep when I was first starting to take Piracetam. Which has been widely reported by others as your body becoming adjusted to Piracetam.

I agree medicines/drugs/supplements and their doses vary from person to person due to genetics/exercise/diet.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 02, 2012, 05:38 AM
Post #46

Overlord

QUOTE(5hadow12ogue @ Mar 02, 2012, 01:04 AM) *

Personally I order my Piracetam in capsules as I don't have the time to capsule them myself nor the stomach to take it alone/mix it in a drink. That item you linked however seems absurdly overpriced! The bottles I order is 120count 800mg capsules so it's around 96g for 17$ which lasts me around a month which I find to be a fair price.

Well, $17 for 96 grams would cost more than the $60 for 500 grams. 500/96=5.2*17=$88.5 to get 500 grams of Piracetam from the product you are using. Almost a $30 difference. Have you looked into capsule fillers?
+Quote Post
5hadow12ogue
post Mar 02, 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #47

Aspiring

QUOTE(KoolK3n @ Mar 02, 2012, 07:38 AM) *

QUOTE(5hadow12ogue @ Mar 02, 2012, 01:04 AM) *

Well, $17 for 96 grams would cost more than the $60 for 500 grams. 500/96=5.2*17=$88.5 to get 500 grams of Piracetam from the product you are using. Almost a $30 difference. Have you looked into capsule fillers?

Yea I have one thrown under a table somewhere. It was mashing the capsules and sometimes wouldn't eject right if I didn't clean it between uses so I just did it by hand until I ran out. I´m constantly busy as well between school and work so I can't really take too much time out of my day to spend capsuling Piracetam by hand.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 02, 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #48

Overlord

QUOTE(5hadow12ogue @ Mar 02, 2012, 03:45 PM) *

Yea I have one thrown under a table somewhere. It was mashing the capsules and sometimes wouldn't eject right if I didn't clean it between uses so I just did it by hand until I ran out.

http://www.thecapsuleking.com/
+Quote Post
MindSupplementsGal
post Mar 06, 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 34053

[quote name='KoolK3n' date='Sep 03, 2011, 10:44 AM' post='115669']
[quote name='Flex' post='115667' date='Sep 02, 2011, 08:04 PM']
Dose is probably about right. It is going to taste terrible with anything. You should look into investing in a set up to fill your own gel caps. I have taken basically all of those things together no problem, but you wont even notice them.
[/quote]

Okay thanks, today I tried something different. Instead of mixing it with tea, I put my whole daily dosage into a small shot glass and drank it with apple juice and sluged the thing down. The sweetness blocked some of the bitterness out so it wasn't as bad as the tea. I'm still gonna get a capsule filler, I might use it for other purposes as well.

*****I am totally wondering how teen you are- - basically while you are growing you should not be taking crazy amounts of supplements- make sure you ask your doctor. The Supplement Diva will answer questions about supplements for you too - but focus on eating well mainly. Unless you have unbalanced brain chemicals, Racetams - are really not necessary. you may already be at your peak performance level.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Apr 09, 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #50

Overlord

Thought I would update my stack since the forum is temporarily inactive.

New List:
Morning:

-Coconut Oil 1000mg
-Coenzyme q10 100mg
-DMAE 100mg
-Piracetam 1000mg

Evening:
-Fish Oil 4 grams
-Multivitamin
-Lecithin 1000mg
-Turmeric 1000mg
-Biotin 1000mcg
-Garlic 1000mg (Weekly)

Other Minor Habits:
-Green Tea

Adding very soon:
-Milk Thistle
-Melatonin
-Creatine
-Lithium Orotate
-Benfotiamine
-Cranberry & Pomegranate

Will Experiment Over the Summer:
-Sulbutiamine
-Pyrinitol (Enhanced B6)
-Picamilon (Enhanced B3)
-Idebenone
-NADH & Pyruvate
-SAM-E
-PQQ
-Magnesium L-threonate
-Bilberry (Eye Vision)
-Lutein (Eye Vision)
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Apr 09, 2012, 02:52 PM
Post #51

Demi-God

Adding very soon:
-Milk Thistle
-Melatonin
-Creatine
-Lithium Orotate
-Benfotiamine
-Cranberry & Pomegranate

This time less is more smile.gif and I am curious about the Milk Thistle too.
Benfotiamine is great on paper but just be careful, some people gets hipoglicemia so if after taking it you feel tired and/or sleepy during the day try a lower dose or accept Benfo is not for you.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post May 05, 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #52

Overlord

As soon as my biopeprine arrives, I will increase my dosage of Turmeric to 3-5g. Capsulating that much turmeric may actually cost more than buying Curcumin itself. So I may switch over once my Turmeric runs out.

Does anyone want my ALCAR bulk? It hasn't been used for several months now. Around 225 grams are left out of the 25 I've used. It expires in July if that means anything.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post May 07, 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #53

Overlord

Update:

Morning: (6:00am-9:00am)
-ALCAR 100mg
-Coconut Oil 1000mg
-Bacopa Monnieri 300mg
-Piracetam 2000mg
-Cinnamon 1000mg
-Creatine 5 grams
-Celery Seed**
-Parsley Leaf**

Midday: (11:00am-1:00pm)
-"Stabilized" R- Lipoic Acid 100mg** w/Remaining ALA 300mg**
-Silymarin 150mg**
-Taurine 1000mg**
-Benfotiamine 250mg

Afternoon: (3:00pm-5:00pm)
-Astragalus Root** 800mg
-Biotin 1000mcg
-Multivitamin
-Lemon Balm/Passionflower 100mg
-Garlic 1000mg
-Evolvulus alsinoides**
-Green Tea Extract
-Lions Mane 500mg
-Artichoke Extract 500mg

Evening: (8:00pm-11:00pm)
-Fish Oil 5 grams
-Turmeric 5 grams
-Bioperine 20mg
-MSM 1000mg
-Quercetin w/ Bromelain**
-Resveratrol 500mg
-Broccoli Sprout Extract (Sulforaphane) 2-3 grams**
-Apigenin**
-Bilberry**

Other Minor Habits:
-Green Tea
-Dozen Raw Walnuts

May add relatively soon:
-Milk Thistle
-Sulforaphane
-Magnesium
-Bilberry
-Astragalus Root
-Vitamin K2
-Taurine
-"Stabilized" R- Lipoic Acid
**=Future

Would like to add much later in the future/Desired but cost-prohibitive:
-Pyrinitol (Enhanced B6)
-Pyridoxamine (B6)
-Pterostilbene
-Bilberry (Eye Vision)
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jul 05, 2012, 07:59 AM
Post #54

Overlord

Update:

Morning: (6:00am-9:00am)
-ALCAR 100mg
-Coconut Oil 1000mg
-Bacopa Monnieri 300mg
-Piracetam 2000mg (Weekly)
-Cinnamon 1000mg (Weekly)
-Creatine 5 grams

Midday: (11:00am-1:00pm)
-Benfotiamine 250mg (Weekly)

Afternoon: (3:00pm-5:00pm)
-Biotin 1000mcg
-Multivitamin
-Garlic 1000mg (Weekly)
-Evolvulus alsinoides** (Weekly)
-Green Tea Extract
-Lions Mane 500mg
-Artichoke Extract 500mg

Evening: (8:00pm-11:00pm)
-Fish Oil 5 grams
-Turmeric 5 grams
-Bioperine 20mg
-Resveratrol 500mg

Other Minor Habits:
-Green Tea (Few Times Weekly)
-Kratom (Twice Monthly)

Will add relatively soon:
-Adrafinil (Legal alternative to Modafinil)
-Clomid
-Stablon
**=Future

Would like to add much later in the future/Desired but cost-prohibitive:
-Pyrinitol (Enhanced B6)
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 06, 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #55

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

I guess the only Nootropic i take is Fish Oil

My Supplements are Synergy Once Daily, C, N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Beta-Sitosterol.

I have to take the sitosterol or my hair falls out and i go bald.

Sometimes extra separate Grapeseed & ALA, as they are already contained in Synergy once daily.

12 mg of Iodine about once a week

Sometimes a quarter of a strong niacin tablet on a full stomach

Sometimes a small pinch Potassium Chloride salt alternative added to my drink
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jul 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #56

Overlord

QUOTE(Tone @ Jul 06, 2012, 07:34 PM) *

I guess the only Nootropic i take is Fish Oil

I take fish oil to prevent development of psychosis

I have to take the sitosterol or my hair falls out and i go bald.

What about other DHT inhibitors? Saw Palmetto? Stinging Nettle Root? Minoxidil (topical)?

Sometimes a small pinch Potassium Chloride salt alternative added to my drink

This reminds me, have you tried kratom tea?
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 07, 2012, 07:06 AM
Post #57

Overlord

I have to go buy some generic monoxidil and order Doctors Best brand Prostate Formula. Anything labelled Prostate would also be to keep hair. Im so broke financially. Id rather just get Dutasteride because its half life is like one month and its aggressive against both AR's. I do not like Fluoridated drugs and international orders though.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jul 07, 2012, 07:29 AM
Post #58

Overlord

QUOTE(Tone @ Jul 07, 2012, 10:06 AM) *

Im so broke financially.

Do you work? Why not incorporate your love of drugs into your career? Pharmacy Technician? That's what I'm doing next year.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 07, 2012, 07:46 AM
Post #59

Overlord

Pharm tech is a pretty well paying job. I am so dysphoric with my nerves so shot i can barely move. very intense dysphoria & other problems around the clock. In heavy suffering.
+Quote Post
alisha99
post Jul 12, 2012, 01:59 AM
Post #60

Aspiring

Member No.: 34366

It is good to take Piracetam Nootropic drug to enhance memory. Common dose of piracetam nootropic is 800mg tablet per day. It is advisable to low the dose after one month.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 04:15 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog