Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Piracetam
Andrew Barnes
post Aug 27, 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33546

Hi there, five questions:

1. Do people seem to find that you have more time when you take piracetam or does time pass faster? Does your perception of time speed up or slow down?

2. How much should be taken? I am a 27/28 year old 6'0'' 185 lb. male.

3. How much should I buy. Is the 100 g of bulk Piracetam from Cerebral Health what I should be buying?

4. Is it ok to keep taking fish oil?

5. I understand a good choline supplement in addition is good. Where is a good place to get one.

Thanks for answers!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Flex
post Aug 27, 2011, 06:54 PM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 5877

I have never experienced any time dilation or contraction myself. 100g is probably a good place to start. You should probably bump up your dose in 500mg increments every few days till you get in the range of 1-2g a day, or the desired result. Always a good idea to take fish oil. That is one supplement you do not really need to be worried about mixing with anything. Plenty of good choline sources to choose from--I am a fan of alpha GPC. Cerebralhealth should be able to supply it as well.
+Quote Post
Andrew Barnes
post Aug 27, 2011, 07:06 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Flex @ Aug 27, 2011, 06:54 PM) *

I have never experienced any time dilation or contraction myself. 100g is probably a good place to start. You should probably bump up your dose in 500mg increments every few days till you get in the range of 1-2g a day, or the desired result. Always a good idea to take fish oil. That is one supplement you do not really need to be worried about mixing with anything. Plenty of good choline sources to choose from--I am a fan of alpha GPC. Cerebralhealth should be able to supply it as well.

Flex, thank you so much for the prompt reply!

By the way, the fact that you used the terms "time dilation" and "time contraction" indicates to me that you know a bit about them.

I have no idea if I even need it but are there supplements that would at least help with regards to slowing down my perception of time. (I understand it is a trippy subject. Does that mean I'm just slow to everybody around me? Am I imagining this? I have no idea if I am making a big deal out of this. If I knew for sure that my perception of time was normal for a 27 year old I would be fine. Is dopamine involved? Is something else involved? Are there some things I should avoid?)

I know it seems a bit much. For all I know, I'm inflicting this on myself by constantly looking at the time and being depressed over the past few months.

Really, I would just want to know that if I go back to school or take any other educational endeavors, I won't be different from when I got my bachelors (just five years ago).
+Quote Post
Flex
post Aug 27, 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #4

God

I only speak of time dilation and contraction because my roommate was an astrophysics major, so naturally we debated about such things smile.gif

It sounds like you are just bummed with where you are at in life. I am sure if you decide to go back to school, you will be just fine. You can take supplements to alter you time perception in a sense, but it is not necessarily a good idea.

What is your goal?
+Quote Post
Andrew Barnes
post Aug 28, 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Flex @ Aug 27, 2011, 07:55 PM) *

I only speak of time dilation and contraction because my roommate was an astrophysics major, so naturally we debated about such things smile.gif

It sounds like you are just bummed with where you are at in life. I am sure if you decide to go back to school, you will be just fine. You can take supplements to alter you time perception in a sense, but it is not necessarily a good idea.

What is your goal?

Thank you so much for the kind words flex.

You described it perfectly. I certainly am bummed out with where I am.

At the moment either pharmacy school (will need to take PCAT or GRE, and some remaining prereqs at a nearby school), physician assistant school (will need to take the GRE and some remaining prereqs), podiatry school (will need to take the MCAT), Caribbean medical schools (will need to take the MCAT), a second BA in either chemical/petroleum engineering (2.5-3 years of classes), or a masters in mechanical/chemical engineering (people tell me I shouldn't bother with a second BA and shoot for programs that offer bridging programs to a Masters). You can see how undecided I am about how to proceed and thoughts I inflict on myself like "oh you're 27/28, better make the right choice" do not help.

A few months ago I had this sort of awakening. I bought a book on medical terminology and I felt I had gotten quite a bit done in a day and was really upbeat which is why I like to think my perception of time is fine. I enrolled in an MCAT course (still upbeat) but then I looked up some person I knew in high school (I have not had contact with them in seven years) and I threw myself into a bought of what was seemingly major depression (waking up after a half-night of sleep). I went to a psychiatrist and he put me on a combination of paxil, trazodone, and xanax (all low introductory doses once a day) and have since gotten off them (I hated the sleepiness which I attributed to paxil though I probably should have been aware that I was taking trazodone as well) so here I am. I do not have problems sleeping anymore. I just take fish oil, and St. Johns wort.

Part of the negative feelings extend from me questioning why I took so long to get going. There's a bit of general negativity from the people around me, especially given my recent mental episode (I've been mentally healthy my whole life) about my ability to proceed (they were confident in me before my latest episode).

Essentially, I'm giving myself reasons to worry including wondering whether my perception of time has changed during that five years from the ages of 22 to 27 (though I was quit a bit of a shut-in, I took some prep courses (where I didn't to the out of class work, helped work on a new house for part of a year, spent time with family, and I still read the news online regularly during that period) or whether my rather quick taper off paxil (I was only on it for about a month yet still felt "zaps" when shaking my head in the two week to a month I spent getting off of it) has caused damage or a change in perception of time.

Another thing to consider is that I notice many people mention as time passing by when they're wasting time on the internet so I could just be overreacting to that.

What I wouldn't do to find an expert on perception of time and have him test me. For all I know, I'm still as good as when I was in my senior year. Honestly, if I didn't think about it in the first place, I might not be asking about it right now. This brings about another idea where I'm actually causing a perceived change in time perception because of thinking about this constantly and looking at clocks, etc.

Sorry for the long post and thank you.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Aug 28, 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #6

God

Well I have one idea you can try easy enough. Sometimes as a DUI test, you test time perception. All you have to do is have someone with a watch, and you tell them when to stop when you think a minute has passed. It should give you some sense of how you are perceiving time.

I tend to agree that going for another BA is probably pointless. You have already come that far in your career, time for the next level. You can totally change the direction of your career in graduate school. Nothing says you have to stick to the same path. It is never too late to get started. What is most important is that you are passionate about what you are doing. I honestly believe this makes all the difference. You will never be happy doing something you are not interested in, no matter how well you are compensated.

It seems like part of how you are feeling is due to the paradox of choice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6XEQIsCoM). How to deal with this is another problem all its own. Your guess is as good as mine.

Haven't read through it yet, but you might find something of use buried deep in here http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsb2254.pdf
+Quote Post
Flex
post Aug 29, 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #7

God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EWol0GWa88&feature=share

http://youtu.be/J3_ukhHQSjc

~Thought you might enjoy~
+Quote Post
coludito
post Nov 12, 2011, 11:08 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 33730

I am new to this foro and i hope i get some advice how to use piracetam. the mai reason i oder was because i have a problem even i sleep well 7 hours, day time i fill sleepy and taking cafeine pills every 3 hours, because i work driving. i fill better when taking piracetam in empty stomac( i do fasting 2 days a week) when i eat , i need more often the powder every 2 hours and still i need the cafeine pills to keep my mind alert. anybody knows something o some way to stay alert when working, is a problem for me. when i take piracetam, i take one and half o two grams,but as i told you the efect is gone in 2 hours.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 08:04 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog