Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is Intuition?
JeffAMc
post Aug 11, 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 23111

Alright so I had a little brain injury when I was 3, (following that I had brain surgery). So then 4 years ago when I turned 21 somehow everything started to become "telepathic" but that would not be the proper term. Its more like basic intuition but I don't know exactly what it is. So I'm just looking for more knowledge on the subject and trying to put some pieces of the puzzle together.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Aug 12, 2011, 07:13 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

What does your intuition tell you about intuition or your intuition?
+Quote Post
JeffAMc
post Aug 14, 2011, 03:54 AM
Post #3

Well I'm just trying to learn more about what is going on.

Basically what I see are fragments of reality. I see people exhibit consciousness "intuitively" or a better term would be "implicit perception". I would just like to learn more about it and eventually master it.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Aug 14, 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #4

Supreme God

QUOTE(JeffAMc @ Aug 14, 2011, 11:54 AM) *

Well I'm just trying to learn more about what is going on.

Basically what I see are fragments of reality. I see people exhibit consciousness "intuitively" or a better term would be "implicit perception". I would just like to learn more about it and eventually master it.

You see people exhibit intuition. Do you see them as masters of it or just occasionally use it successfully?

If not masters why.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Aug 14, 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

If you need to ask....
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Aug 14, 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #6

Supreme God

Looking for a particular answer
+Quote Post
JeffAMc
post Sep 14, 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #7

Well when I go driving or something I see mirror images of thoughts. I think that if I become more sophisticated they wouldn't be able to copy my thoughts and ideas so much.

What about other cases of implicit perception/ psychic intuition. The German word, gedankenlautwerden means "audible thoughts". Are there other people out there with this??? What I'm interested in is what the field looks like.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 15, 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #8

God

Member No.: 5877

I would just call this being perceptive. We all wear out thoughts on us at all times, literally. Verbalization is only a small part of communication. To develop this intuition, one need only study human nature, and tune into finer cues.
+Quote Post
JeffAMc
post Sep 15, 2011, 08:30 PM
Post #9

I have asked about intuition, and implicit perception before on other message boards and I never got a response in writing about the actual "telepathic/ intuitive" subject from anyone.

Its just that there has been something going on where my thoughts are all exposed to everyone. Its been going on for 5 years and I don't know when it is ever going to stop.

I guess its just something I gotta wait out and try to fix with memory, college, studying, etc.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Sep 15, 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #10

Supreme God

Some people are more expressive in their thoughts than others and it moves thru their exterior in a different way than those who are more reserved about their own feelings. Usually a person who is in touch with themselves and their feelings are the types that are expressive enough for those who are paying attention to tune in.

You seem to have a problem with others reading you. Why is that? Do you have a problem with your thoughts or just a problem with others having an idea about what you are thinking? Are you aware of yourself sending signals?
Do you think about those who feel you and are you conscious of the thoughts you have about that connection, to a point where it has become an obsession?
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Sep 16, 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #11

Overlord

Member No.: 33583

QUOTE(JeffAMc @ Aug 12, 2011, 10:54 AM) *

Alright so I had a little brain injury when I was 3, (following that I had brain surgery). So then 4 years ago when I turned 21 somehow everything started to become "telepathic" but that would not be the proper term. Its more like basic intuition but I don't know exactly what it is. So I'm just looking for more knowledge on the subject and trying to put some pieces of the puzzle together.

According to recent research in MIT human brain is very sensitive to external magnetic field's fluxes, that may explain your ability to orientate better, it may turn so that your brain analyzes the 'invisible' distribution of the fields around and you subconsciously feel the better way to proceed, but that is just a supposition which can be verified by case specific studies:

Magnets can alter moral judgement by changing brain activity

Saturday, 3 Apr 2010

US scientists have discovered that appyling a magnetic field to a particular place on the scalp can alter people‘s moral judgement by interfering with activity in the right temporo-parietal junction (TPJ) of the brain. They said their finding helps us better understand how the brain constructs morality.

You can read about the study, led by researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the 29 March online issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, PNAS. The research was led by Dr Rebecca Saxe, assistant professor of brain and cognitive sciences at MIT.

Lead author Dr Liane Young, a postdoctoral associate in Saxe‘s department, told the media that because people are normally very confident and consistent in making moral judgements, it comes as surprise to learn that their ability to do so can altered like this.

”You think of morality as being a really high-level behavior. To be able to apply (a magnetic field) to a specific brain region and change people‘s moral judgments is really astonishing,” said Young in a statement.

She said the study reveals ”striking evidence” that the right TPJ, which sits on the surface of the brain, above and behind the right ear, plays a crucial role in making moral judgements.

+Quote Post
JeffAMc
post Sep 29, 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #12

* Joesus * (Sep 15, 2011)
------------
Some people are more expressive in their thoughts than others and it moves thru their exterior in a different way than those who are more reserved about their own feelings. Usually a person who is in touch with themselves and their feelings are the types that are expressive enough for those who are paying attention to tune in.

* Flex * (Sep 15, 2011)
------------
I would just call this being perceptive. We all wear out thoughts on us at all times, literally. Verbalization is only a small part of communication. To develop this intuition, one need only study human nature, and tune into finer cues.

* Joesus * (Sep 15, 2011)
------------
You seem to have a problem with others reading you. Why is that? Do you have a problem with your thoughts or just a problem with others having an idea about what you are thinking? Are you aware of yourself sending signals?

Do you think about those who feel you and are you conscious of the thoughts you have about that connection, to a point where it has become an obsession?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I think this has been going on for maybe around 10 years. I was always skeptical about reality then when I turned 21 people started communicating to me directly and indirectly.

Are there a lot of other cases of this out there? I know it can happen with demntia but for example are their middle aged people with this? What does it look like and how well do they cope, do they learn eventually usually learn to control it?

+Quote Post
Zarathustra
post Sep 30, 2011, 06:12 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 33536

QUOTE(JeffAMc @ Sep 14, 2011, 08:53 PM) *

Well when I go driving or something I see mirror images of thoughts. I think that if I become more sophisticated they wouldn't be able to copy my thoughts and ideas so much.

What about other cases of implicit perception/ psychic intuition. The German word, gedankenlautwerden means "audible thoughts". Are there other people out there with this??? What I'm interested in is what the field looks like.

In the age of 21, around, often arises the first symptomes of schizophrenia. It refers to the development of the brain which is not finished before early adulthood, especially the male frontal lobe. There are studies that the main dominerg systems in the in the frontal area and in the limbic system become more instable , evolutionary maybe because of giving a chance to reconstructing the functions of planing and decision making.
That would be not very seldom, and you would easily find somebody who feels similar.
The question would also be if the audible thoughts come to a compulsion at a point.
Other options can be, psychosomatic, a conflict hidden behind the audible thoughts.
A mental disorder like a dementia, maybe caused by your operation in your early childhood, I would excluse, just too much time between.
Try to capture more detailed hints of your "intuition".

Greets
+Quote Post
Magister Hayk
post Nov 07, 2011, 09:57 PM
Post #14

Overlord

Member No.: 33583

Intuition is like a bird: it can fly from here to there bringing new intuitive perceptions.

Rumors say that the Mr. Intuition even may have some sort of intelligence and that human activities are delicately depended at that form of intelligence.
+Quote Post
Dinesh
post Mar 11, 2012, 08:29 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 6759

QUOTE(JeffAMc @ Aug 12, 2011, 01:24 PM) *

About intuition, our brain had a terabyte storage system with abidance memory like collective, personal, stored by experience by reading.. lots and lots refined with our “implicit perception” more over our brain is precise process unit also. During the intuition (thought or prediction), it like a how a supercomputer predict whether by using with the past recorded data basis ..

Intuition is only a forecasting with memory data basis …
[i][color=#003300]
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Mar 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
Post #16

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

To my mind intuitive thoughts are those which "arrive" in my head rather than those which came from my own reasoning or deduction.

Such thoughts are obviously mine, but perhaps coming from my sub-concious.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Mar 11, 2012, 03:18 PM
Post #17

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

QUOTE(rhymer @ Mar 11, 2012, 04:09 PM) *

To my mind intuitive thoughts are those which "arrive" in my head rather than those which came from my own reasoning or deduction.

What do you mean by "'arrive' in my head"? Are you referring to Quantum Mind theories?

Such thoughts are obviously mine,

If intuitive thoughts "arrive" in your head, then how can you claim them as yours?

but perhaps coming from my sub-concious.

How does the subconscious mind work? Does it exist? Why can't we control them?

--

Wouldn't intuition be similar to instincts? Seems interchangeable.
+Quote Post
BlueDasher
post May 25, 2012, 04:34 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 34269

I think intuition is usually about your brain making an immediate decsion based on past information or experience, sometimes vicarious experience. I just mean that instead of making a well-thought out reason for a conclusion, the brain has already considered this set of circumstances, or else goes through it so quickly that there's no conscious set of thoughts. In some cases, intuition is really just what we like or what we think is the "moral," thing to do, or the best thing to do.

I think another aspect of this is mental communication that comes through some shared experiences. It's why we love movies. The story is laid out and is dependent on the visual and audio images presented. Much easier than reading a book! Mentally, we can place ourselves inside or beside the characters and feel we understand them.

It can often be very easy to read someone's general feelings by their facial expressions and body language. The eyes are most revealing when people communicate, for example, if you are trying to have a convo with someone and you don't speak each other's languages, you tend to concentrate on their eyes. When we "get" what the other person is saying, there is an expression of understanding.

Then there are times when you mentally communicate with people close to you. Think of someone close to you and you can probably remember times when you've been on the same thought wavelength. Examples (1) when your mom seemingly reads your mind and asks you about something she has no possible way of knowing. Most annoying. (2) when you and your friend show up at the same electronics store to pick up a video game or new CD at the same time without discussing it, (3) picking out the same color paint for the house, or the same engagement ring as your fiance when you are not together. It seems evident that we learn each others' habits and tastes and anticipate actions or words.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog