BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How does light affect the brain?, How does light affect our cognition, mood, etc...
Yoder
post Aug 11, 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 31895

Hi! I'm wondering if anybody has any general knowledge on light's effects on the brain..

My boss likes to keep our office very dark throughout the day. It doesn't seem to affect her but I'm always tired, groggy, and sometimes depressed (especially during the winter when it's dark in our office all day and then it is dark when I leave work.)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Aug 11, 2011, 06:07 PM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32635

Main issues with light deprivation are, vit D3 and serotonin deficiency.
D3 is easely supplementable.
The serotonin deficiency is easy aswell but a little more complicated. First of all if your are not producing enough serotonin that means you are short of melatonin aswell so your sleep quality is compromised. Then so i will recommend 0.5 to 1mg every night and a tryptophan supplement in the morning.
It would be ideal if you cant get one of those S.A.D lights (statinonay affection disorder) they were a bit expensive last year when i did some research but maybe they´re cheaper now.
Aswell you could ask your boss about having a table lamp of very bright white-blue (not orange nor yellowish) light on your work area.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 07:59 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog