BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Make Yourself Super Smart with Cinnamon?
imeniaan
post Jul 27, 2011, 05:56 AM
Post #31

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33466

QUOTE(correlli @ Jul 26, 2011, 04:27 PM) *

QUOTE(imeniaan @ Jul 24, 2011, 05:36 AM) *

QUOTE(correlli @ Jul 24, 2011, 12:35 AM) *

I'd have to agree, Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper go well together. Makes for a very powerful aphrodisiac as well.

you still get the focus and concentration effects?

after what?

after eating a tablespoon full of cinnamon
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
correlli
post Jul 29, 2011, 01:58 AM
Post #32

Aspiring

Member No.: 32044

QUOTE(imeniaan @ Jul 27, 2011, 05:56 AM) *

QUOTE(correlli @ Jul 26, 2011, 04:27 PM) *

QUOTE(imeniaan @ Jul 24, 2011, 05:36 AM) *

QUOTE(correlli @ Jul 24, 2011, 12:35 AM) *

I'd have to agree, Cinnamon and Cayenne Pepper go well together. Makes for a very powerful aphrodisiac as well.

you still get the focus and concentration effects?

after what?

after eating a tablespoon full of cinnamon

After tablespoon, i feel stoned
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Aug 26, 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #33

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

Have a look to this interesting paper:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2407/10/392

Although cinnamon looks like doing it very well in combination with chemotherapy...

Cinnamon extract and Doxorubicin induced comparable level of apoptosis induction in melanoma cells (CE; 60% and Dox; 70%, respectively) (Additional file 1, Figure S1B). Interestingly, however, compared with cinnamon extract, Doxorubicin showed much higher toxic effect in normal cells (primary mouse lymphocyte) (Additional file 1, Figure S1B). Doxorubicin treatment induced significantly higher levels apoptosis (up to 50%) of normal lymphocyte while cinnamon extract induced marginal effect (about 10%) (Additional file 1, Figure S1B). These results suggest a beneficial effect of cinnamon extract with less cytotoxicity than conventional anti-cancer drug in normal cells while maintains its anti-tumor effect. However, further studies are needed to elucidate mechanism of action and core active compounds of cinnamon extract to induce cancer cell apoptosis without affecting normal cells.

Thats only good "if" you´ve got cancer, otherwise you will be killing in a month 10% of your lymphocytes without a good reason for it. Well dont panic yet, that only happens if you take about 100g of plain cinnamon or 5g of 20:1 extract a day for a month on a 65kg person, if my maths are correct (asuming the extract they´re using is about 20:1 potency, if is less potent the amount of plain cinnamon would be lower).
Also i have no doubt that a healthy inmune system can replace those lymphocytes quickly but in the long-term any inmune system will get old sooner.

Its the first time i have done an allometric scalling calculation, it would be nice if someone with experience could tell me if it is ok.

Uh! i nearly forgot to tell i bought an extract (20:1) and felt nothing but i have only taken 0.3g until 5g i have still some headroom i think.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Sep 06, 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #34

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

So thumbs up or down for cognitive enhancement? (Recommendation?)
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 06, 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #35

God

Member No.: 5877

I am sure it is a big thumbs up. That said, no need to pile it on. Just incorporate all spices into your cooking. Herbs and spices are the micronutrient powerhouses. Variety is key.
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 04, 2012, 07:22 AM
Post #36

Aspiring

Member No.: 21903

Update:

So far I have been taking the Cinnamon for close to a year, and varying results have come forward.

However recently I made some large strides forward for a better method of ingestion that gives (me..) pronounced cognitive enhancements.

Cinnamon Tea.

- Satchel of Calm Tea (I'm caffeine allergic) - pick a flavor that works for you.
- 1 - 1.5 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon (adjust for flavor)
- coffee stick dipped in stevia (400 x sweeter than sugar, a natural sweetener) - or use sugar

The cinnamon mixes readily and easily in this case versus cold mixes (aka milk / water). When mixed it almost has a raspy taste like a stiff whiskey drink, or an alcoholic beverage. It's cognitive result (enjoying the smell) and its ingestion is better as one is - I presume ingesting the coumarin without ingesting the cinnamon pulp.

I have noticed strong and pronounced effects on this from about 2-3 cups a day of this cinnamon concoction. So much so I had to come back to the forum to update this for the fellow researchers. I have in the past tried many cognitive enhancers from L-HuperzineA to Oxyracetam etc. I found those variants gave me anxiety issues, and did not increase focusing ability. Cinnamon is for me outperforming them all by a large magnitude in terms of focusing ability, concentration.

I can witness to writing pages of functions for various stock market utility functions, and to come back to them when the cinnamon is worn off - to find they were now incomprehensible, without serious mental exertion, to understand what was created and why.

I also would like to note there are some assumptions in this posting. The first is that coumarin is the cognitive enhancing ingredient, there are a number of cinnamon oils in trace amounts that would be coming out with the tea, and these may be the bigger resultant - than the coumarin is.

I would also like to add that this method is producing much stronger results than when I initially started this thread, and required less ingestion of cinnamon pulp, with the corresponding bowel questions.
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 04, 2012, 07:26 AM
Post #37

Aspiring

Other Benefits...

Cinnamon is HIGHLY ANTISEPTIC.

I have successfully witnessed my girlfriend treat a Urinary Tract Infection after her antibiotics failed. She was one of these individuals who had take so many antibiotics over the past the infection had become quite resistant to most antibiotics. Two teaspoons of cinnamon in the morning and at night over two days and she was better.

The second thing that was treated was food poisoning. She had a case so bad she could not drive her car was close to throwing up. I mixed a couple teaspoons of cinnamon in milk, she chugged it and within about 10 minutes her upset stomach receded significantly.

Which is interesting as she herself is a paramedic, and quite knowledgeable in the subject.

+Quote Post
Flex
post May 05, 2012, 06:45 AM
Post #38

God

Have you done any experimentation with different extraction methods? Have you tried taking fat and water soluble components separately?

For instance, when scurvy was first discovered, it was the hydrophobic fraction of the mixture that was administered, not the water soluble portion (vitamin C) that produced results.
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 05, 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #39

Aspiring

QUOTE(Flex @ May 05, 2012, 06:45 AM) *

Have you done any experimentation with different extraction methods? Have you tried taking fat and water soluble components separately?

For instance, when scurvy was first discovered, it was the hydrophobic fraction of the mixture that was administered, not the water soluble portion (vitamin C) that produced results.

I haven't tried that yet, naturally it could be the next step, that is forms of fractionation, or distallation. That field is not my expertise. Anyone want to do some boiler recipes accounting for boiling points of the various cinnamon oils, including the coumarin?

Any inspiring chemists? What about alcohol tinctures from cinnamon?
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 05, 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #40

God

Well, I can give you a little at home thing to try that might be interesting. Get a little baby crock pot and fill it up with say 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup olive oil, and maybe an ounce or so of cinnamon. Put the lid on, and the water will percolate through the oil and recondense back down. If you just let it do its thing for an hour or two, you should get a pretty descent extract into both layers. This is what I do with marijuana to help get rid of some of the chlorophyl when I am making edibles lol. However, in that case I use butter, which once it cools forms into a nice disk on top of the water and is really easy to separate (olive oil will be a pain in the ass).

Alcohol tincture should be super easy to make. Just throw a few grams into a small amount of absolute ethanol or equivalent like Baccardi 151 or Everclear and shake a couple times a day for about a week. If you want to actually come up with some standardization method, just start playing with different ratios of alcohol to cinnamon. The resulting tincture can be diluted with water and glycerol to make it more palatable.

Another method to try would be to incorporate the cinnamon into a sort of Jello. Jellos are a great way to make medicinal herbs more palatable.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post May 05, 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #41

Overlord

QUOTE(Flex @ May 05, 2012, 07:49 PM) *

maybe an ounce or so of cinnamon...This is what I do with marijuana

How much weed do you have Flex? geeeeeeezzzz
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 05, 2012, 05:27 PM
Post #42

God

Don't try it until you are at least 18 and even then it is stupid if you want to accomplish something with your life. I would have taken over the world by now were I not so chemically indifferent smile.gif Honestly though, I wish I had never tried it, I really would be much further along in life. My recommendation is for an unlimited quantity, but generally I don't have much on me at any given time unless I just harvested a plant.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post May 05, 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #43

Overlord

QUOTE(Flex @ May 05, 2012, 08:27 PM) *

Don't try it until you are at least 18 and even then it is stupid if you want to accomplish something with your life. I would have taken over the world by now were I not so chemically indifferent smile.gif Honestly though, I wish I had never tried it, I really would be much further along in life. My recommendation is for an unlimited quantity, but generally I don't have much on me at any given time unless I just harvested a plant.

I'm surprised that you are speaking of cannabis so negatively. How frequent is your usage?
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 05, 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #44

God

I would say about 1/8th every two days through a Volcano vaporizer. For me it is honestly a hard drug. I am perfectly fine going 10 days without eating, but going the first 3 days without the hoogie is almost impossible. Never tried kanna, where do you get yours?
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 05, 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #45

God

Melatonin prevents Alzheimer's
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post May 05, 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #46

Overlord

QUOTE(Flex @ May 05, 2012, 10:35 PM) *

Ahh yes, though they left out that it also inhibits the hyperphosphorylation of tau proteins. There seems to be a strong correlation between AD and endocrine shutdown. Ex: Adrenal glands produce just 30% norepinephrine in comparison to younger healthy people.
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 06, 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #47

God

Never heard of it. Sadly I have not been reading as much into herbal medicine since starting all of my upper division work... If you can, try and keep detailed logs of your experiences!
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 07, 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #48

God

So how many grams are you doing exactly for your protocol? I just took 3.3g in capsules and it was a bit ridiculous to take (8 caps -- 00). I imagine this is close to the 1 tablespoon?
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 07, 2012, 06:14 PM
Post #49

God

Going for 4 grams cinnamon tomorrow, so far results are seemingly pleasant at 3.3g
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 14, 2012, 08:27 PM
Post #50

Aspiring

QUOTE(Flex @ May 07, 2012, 02:23 PM) *

So how many grams are you doing exactly for your protocol? I just took 3.3g in capsules and it was a bit ridiculous to take (8 caps -- 00). I imagine this is close to the 1 tablespoon?

Personally the dosing I take fluctuates depending on how much resistance my mouth and nose give to it. It seems like after strong dosing for 3-4 days I just can't take any more of it.

Actually on that topic, this was AWESOME, I had been experimenting with my cinnamon teas, and tried adding a square of dark chocolate - that is super crazy delicious and has some great benefits from it - including making a good 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon taste great!

The chocolate has theobromide which is a caffeine derivative, and takes roughly a day to break down in the system. It's the reason you cannot feed dark chocolate to pets, they cannot metabolize the theobromide, and get sick.

However chocolate also has some trace amounts of oxycontin so you get a small high, and expanded alertness from the cinnamon mix. There is a bunch of other beneficial stuff in the chocolate too - resveratrol, for anti-aging, etc. Any chocoholics can probably expound on this.

Its a very positive, very alert, focus enhancing mental acclerant of a drink and I encourage anyone to try it.
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 14, 2012, 08:33 PM
Post #51

Aspiring

QUOTE(Jakare @ Aug 26, 2011, 07:50 PM) *

Although cinnamon looks like doing it very well in combination with chemotherapy...

Cinnamon extract and Doxorubicin induced comparable level of apoptosis induction in melanoma cells (CE; 60% and Dox; 70%, respectively) (Additional file 1, Figure S1B). Interestingly, however, compared with cinnamon extract, Doxorubicin showed much higher toxic effect in normal cells (primary mouse lymphocyte) (Additional file 1, Figure S1B). Doxorubicin treatment induced significantly higher levels apoptosis (up to 50%) of normal lymphocyte while cinnamon extract induced marginal effect (about 10%) (Additional file 1, Figure S1B). These results suggest a beneficial effect of cinnamon extract with less cytotoxicity than conventional anti-cancer drug in normal cells while maintains its anti-tumor effect. However, further studies are needed to elucidate mechanism of action and core active compounds of cinnamon extract to induce cancer cell apoptosis without affecting normal cells.

Thats only good "if" you´ve got cancer, otherwise you will be killing in a month 10% of your lymphocytes without a good reason for it. Well dont panic yet, that only happens if you take about 100g of plain cinnamon or 5g of 20:1 extract a day for a month on a 65kg person, if my maths are correct (asuming the extract they´re using is about 20:1 potency, if is less potent the amount of plain cinnamon would be lower).
Also i have no doubt that a healthy inmune system can replace those lymphocytes quickly but in the long-term any inmune system will get old sooner.

Its the first time i have done an allometric scalling calculation, it would be nice if someone with experience could tell me if it is ok.

Uh! i nearly forgot to tell i bought an extract (20:1) and felt nothing but i have only taken 0.3g until 5g i have still some headroom i think.

That's actually encouraging because I would peradventure there are few if anyone here doing more than 5 g a day of straight cinnamon. From that ratio you would be only taking out 5% of 10% which is 0.5%, basically taking out any weakened lymphocytes.

It probably explains why Cinnamon was such an effective treatment against HiV, as it would take out any infected lymphocytes before they can spread.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jun 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #52

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

Things people think are bad are good and good are bad. I drank gallons of silver in my life with no side effects and no Argyria. I also drank a lot of Chlorine Dioxide at times. If you need to wipe out a disease youll be needing something stronger than cinnamon compounds.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jun 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #53

Overlord

QUOTE(Tone @ Jun 15, 2012, 01:09 PM) *

Things people think are bad are good and good are bad. I drank gallons of silver in my life with no side effects and no Argyria. I also drank a lot of Chlorine Dioxide at times. If you need to wipe out a disease youll be needing something stronger than cinnamon compounds.

Holy smokes! Why would you drink that much silver????
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jun 15, 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #54

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

QUOTE(KoolK3n @ Jun 15, 2012, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Tone @ Jun 15, 2012, 01:09 PM) *

Holy smokes! Why would you drink that much silver????

Because I can, I have an infinite supply with two extra heavy gauge rods and I have a choice between reducing it to a colloid or keeping it ionic whereas any other home user can only make ionic. and because I look for what temporarily gave me slightly more energy back in 2009. It bores me now, viruses & pathogens are not a problem of mine. Its non-toxic to multicellular organisms but deadly poison to single-celled organisms. Its single-cell selective as a poison. Applications include disinfecting where non-irritant is needed, such as in the eyes, or as a mouth wash that lasts longer than ethanol. It has the potential of adverse interaction between Selenium & Sulphur compounds, potentially being an antagonist to those.
+Quote Post
still
post Jun 30, 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 26668

XR500Final, thanks for your notes on your self experimentation. I eat a small amount of cinnamon but I might also try it as aromatherapy, looking at the results of the study linked to.

I am curious what kind of brain-training exercises you were doing? You mentioned that you were doing something akin to muscle confusion of P90X.

Also, I have been tinkering with stock market algorithms too but I am not sure if there are any programs to help with testing. I have just used Excel and the files get quite massive and unwieldy rather quickly. I have been looking at TradeStation possibly. Do you program everything from scratch?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jun 30, 2013, 04:07 AM
Post #56

God

QUOTE(XR500Final @ May 14, 2012, 09:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Jakare @ Aug 26, 2011, 07:50 PM) *

That's actually encouraging because I would peradventure there are few if anyone here doing more than 5 g a day of straight cinnamon. From that ratio you would be only taking out 5% of 10% which is 0.5%, basically taking out any weakened lymphocytes.

It probably explains why Cinnamon was such an effective treatment against HiV, as it would take out any infected lymphocytes before they can spread.

CumAgain? MindGasm going on. References?
+Quote Post
evita123
post Jul 13, 2013, 03:38 AM
Post #57

Member No.: 35194

This is something that I would like to test, seems very interesting!
+Quote Post
Rapingchurches
post Jan 29, 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 36969

QUOTE(XR500Final @ May 04, 2012, 07:22 AM) *

Update:

So far I have been taking the Cinnamon for close to a year, and varying results have come forward.

However recently I made some large strides forward for a better method of ingestion that gives (me..) pronounced cognitive enhancements.

Cinnamon Tea.

- Satchel of Calm Tea (I'm caffeine allergic) - pick a flavor that works for you.
- 1 - 1.5 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon (adjust for flavor)
- coffee stick dipped in stevia (400 x sweeter than sugar, a natural sweetener) - or use sugar

The cinnamon mixes readily and easily in this case versus cold mixes (aka milk / water). When mixed it almost has a raspy taste like a stiff whiskey drink, or an alcoholic beverage. It's cognitive result (enjoying the smell) and its ingestion is better as one is - I presume ingesting the coumarin without ingesting the cinnamon pulp.

I have noticed strong and pronounced effects on this from about 2-3 cups a day of this cinnamon concoction. So much so I had to come back to the forum to update this for the fellow researchers. I have in the past tried many cognitive enhancers from L-HuperzineA to Oxyracetam etc. I found those variants gave me anxiety issues, and did not increase focusing ability. Cinnamon is for me outperforming them all by a large magnitude in terms of focusing ability, concentration.

I can witness to writing pages of functions for various stock market utility functions, and to come back to them when the cinnamon is worn off - to find they were now incomprehensible, without serious mental exertion, to understand what was created and why.

I also would like to note there are some assumptions in this posting. The first is that coumarin is the cognitive enhancing ingredient, there are a number of cinnamon oils in trace amounts that would be coming out with the tea, and these may be the bigger resultant - than the coumarin is.

I would also like to add that this method is producing much stronger results than when I initially started this thread, and required less ingestion of cinnamon pulp, with the corresponding bowel questions.

Hi! Im new here and I see this is a somewhat old thread but I find it really interesting and I have some questions and comments. First I wanna say that I tried today some cinnamon extract pills (5 of 600 mg each), and a little bit of grounded cinnamon with a cup of coffee, and I'm quite impressed with the overall mental mood and feeling I got, I didnt't put my mental performance to test and actualy I dont' exactly know how to describe it other than it felt pretty good. So, that was today (i'm still feeling the effects actualy). So, for what I gather my dosage is close to equivalent to what you mention here (1-1.5 heaping tablespoons), and I wonder if you, after all this time, are still on this brain boosting cinnamon regime; and also I would like to ask you if at any moment have you checked the health of your liver with a doctor, since it seems to be the only (so far) thing you have to be cautious about with taking this amounts of cinnamon daily. Thank you for all your info so far and I apologize for any bad spelling or redaction I might have, since english is not my native language.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog