Unregistered

QUOTE(code buttons @ May 20, 2011, 06:18 PM) *

QUOTE(code buttons @ May 20, 2011, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(orangesand @ May 20, 2011, 12:00 PM) *

In reading your responses , nothing makes you happy,
you never addressed this, just talked about your religious beliefs
a sad old man, rotten, alone, seeking peace by war

LMFAO!!!

This makes me happy! A BrainMeta thread gone awry! LOL! Hey sand! welcome! ur a keeper! LOL!

Code Buttons, Flex cheers mates! A pint of Newcastle Ale all round!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 23, 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #62

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 601

QUOTE(orangesand @ May 24, 2011, 04:24 AM) *

You have an interesting algorithm approach to your counterargument,
you break each idea into small more approachable pieces.
Good logic, albeit its a linear analysis not a holistic one , no reading
between the lines, the greater idea nullified, perhaps....

All that is..., can be understood by the intellect, and within the terms of individuality. You seem to believe that spirituality is detached from humanity at the levels of the common ego. Or, that it is simply fantasy and contrived.

If I am Mr Science, who art Thou?

You still have no idea. Oh wait.. you have been trying to tell me. rolleyes.gif

Imagine if you please may,
?

think about what the physical geography of the Earth looks like,
has the Earth always looked that way?
No. Did you have a point? huh.gif

Why do you protest change?

What makes you believe I protest change?

Your own thoughts and ideas have changed, why are your
current views better?
They are not better, their value is relative to a relative world. Thoughts and ideas are not to be judged as good or bad if one is to understand the perfection of awareness, or even in the determination of cause and effect as the precursor to evolution. All thought has value and purpose.
Thoughts come and go, beliefs change, my awareness of the absolute even changes with the experience of it. However the absolute within the experiences I have and what I sense in my connection with it has never changed. It was always there even when I didn't believe in it, yet it was still within my understanding of who I am.

In reading what you wrote about Einstein , that was well played,
though it appears to me that you both suffice the same large error,
Einstein grasped laws of physics prehenceforth unknown,
though it trying to bring together his ideas, he famously inserted
The Cosmological Constant(some say because of his religion),
the guiding hand that governs natural laws, a "God "(he made it up, and later admitted it), he called it the greatest mistake of his career,
there was no reason or need for this cosmos protector, only in the emotional section of his brain.

I don't see it the same way as you do.

In the same way you decided that Stephen Hawking was the smartest man on the planet, and conveniently left out his statements regarding the God of human personality when he denied the idea of a God created heaven, you misinterpret Einstein and cannot stand in his thoughts or beliefs. You can project your own ideas upon him as being truth but it will still be relative to your own interpretation of reality with what you choose to highlight and negate.
Einstein in his dialogue regarding God was ingenious. If anything he apologized for not being able to define the undefinable or to speak of "THAT" without those who would take such a message and interpret it within the confines of religious doctrine because of the human condition and its programming. He did hint of his own experience, but being idolized within a science that expects an outward mechanical process to validate reality he could not engage his own experience as an authoritative tool. Because humanity experiences varying degrees of cognitive abilities mixed within the psychosis of separation from "first cause" (if you will) in the show me first and I will believe state of conscious awareness, there was nothing he could do to bring something forward to a state of mind that was not ready to receive. For the most part, those like him usually remain silent about what they know because there is no forgiveness in superstition and fear. People still have a taste for blood when they are threatened with something that invalidates their own ideas of reality and witch hunts are still part of the need to protect ones self from invalidation.

The difference between us is thus,,

You believe in the Watch Maker, in Design.

I believe in "The Blind Watchmaker", things are "For no particular reason at all" Forest Gump + how physics just happens to work,

The difference between us is.., your belief determines who you are, regardless of whether it changes or not. As your beliefs change so does your perception of yourself and reality.
If you do believe in a blind watchmaker then you believe in a force of nature that creates, albeit your creator seems to be without purpose, incontinent, unaware and lazy about that which it leaves behind itself or places in front of itself.

Just a thought: If everything is random, where does evolution fit in? Wouldn't it just be a human idea and not the blind watchmakers idea?

Me, I know and experience who I am and that doesn't change with belief or even with the changes that take place between each birth and death that I experience. I see cause and effect based on desire and expectation within a system that is multidimensional and infinite. Every thought stirs the ether and has a presence of consciousness that creates it's own multi-verse.

You might believe as your experiences change that your views get better or improve, but how does that apply to yourself? Are you less of a man or less of a human when you know and experience less? As a being, human or otherwise, is your value determined by what you know and experience or by what science knows about you?
If humanity is on a road to evolution, and in foresight you imagine a human being far more knowledgeable in regards to medicine and science does this make you obsolete as men who worship science now judge the Neanderthal?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Jakare
post May 25, 2011, 01:43 AM
Post #63

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

I think the issue here is people being able to easely recognise what makes them happy on the short term. Thats our speciality. But (and thats an important but) we THINK we know what is going to make us happy on the future and consecuently we take decisions biased just in a educated guess. Failing its a common land here.
Stadistics, oh yes those lovely stadistics that say what previously worked well for many others but dont tell you for sure its going to work on you. Not every one is happy in a marriage.

The more intelligent-mature-selfconcious-whatever you are the more chances you´ve got to make a correct educated guess about your future and the way you should follow and if even then you fail you will posses more cognitive tools to adapt to the undesire situation, which will always happen till some extend.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post May 25, 2011, 06:19 AM
Post #64

Supreme God

So your saying "it's always a choice" in how we would see our selves and our desire, rather than "we are puppets of circumstance".
+Quote Post
alisha99
post Jul 23, 2012, 03:48 AM
Post #65

Aspiring

Member No.: 34366

Most of the people remain happy with money. But money is not everything. If we are healthy then we will be happy in our life. Healthy life is happy life.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 23, 2012, 06:09 AM
Post #66

Supreme God

QUOTE(alisha99 @ Jul 23, 2012, 11:48 AM) *

Most of the people remain happy with money. But money is not everything. If we are healthy then we will be happy in our life. Healthy life is happy life.

Healthy of mind or body. One can be healthy of mind but not of body, or healthy of body and not of mind.
Health of mind will supersede any condition of body. That mind is not attached to bodily or earthly conditions.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 09:31 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles