BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone a vegan/raw foodist?
orangesand
post May 11, 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #1

Unregistered

Wondering if anyone eats a non main stream diet, like being a vegan..
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post May 11, 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Unregistered

I was strict vegan for 2 years. Now I include fish.
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 11, 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #3

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5877

Sorry that was me. I am in class--forgot to log in smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 12, 2011, 05:50 AM
Post #4

Unregistered

Did your life/mood/energy etc seem better? Are you eating fish for Omega 3 fats? I am
interested in veganism and why people choose it.
I have tried to study if, to what degree our bodies our evolved to eat a plant based, plant protein
diet.
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 13, 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #5

God

There is no comparison to how I felt before. It is a far healthier way to live. Our bodies were not evolved to eat meat--only to a very limited extent. This extent is basically what is needed to replenish B12 stores.

I eat fish because I have/will kill a fish to eat it. I have never done so for a cow, or a chicken, and I never would. Since I personally do not feel morally just killing anything else, I do not feel it is right to pay someone to kill for me.
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 15, 2011, 03:59 AM
Post #6

Unregistered

That's an interesting position to take, I heard people say similar things about fish.
I think about the factory farm business, which is so big and gross/unsettling.
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 15, 2011, 08:45 AM
Post #7

God

It is not only a very immoral industry from the animals perspective, but a disgusting industry in how humans are treated as well. I have a personal vendetta against the dairy industry for their gross adulteration of science for their benefit, and the vast lobbying power they impose against good research.
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #8

Unregistered

Fast Food Nation(the book) comes to mind. In the book the author notes the heightened disease rate that the factory /slaughter house workers have, all rather unpleasant. Data and information do become skewed when there is a vested interest at hand. There is some issue,( I think of Newsweek) where about how there is cow in everything. Rather gross,though the industry is very efficient.
I have often wondered what things would be like if everyone was a vegan, reduced carbon foot print, reduction of green house gases, cleaner water systems, healthier ecosystems,healthier people, more people thinking about the environment/their role/impact on Earth......
+Quote Post
aethor
post May 16, 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 32629

Why is your moral telling you when you can justify killing a fish but not a cow, Flex?

Fish also feel pain, but their lack of facial expression isn't very revealing. Is that sufficient enough for you to say that I will kill a fish, but not a cow?

Orangesand. You probably shouldn't think more about what happened if the whole world became vegetarians. If you ever came across the works of Weston A. Price, you will see how crucial it is for the developing human body to include high quality meat in its diet.
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 17, 2011, 01:26 PM
Post #10

God

Absolutely not crucial to incorporate meat in the diet at all. It causes far more harm than good.

As far as killing goes, it is just a personal thing. I have gone fishing as a kid, and I have gone fishing recently. I do not like to kill fish, but I will eat fish on occasion (about half the time when I have caught it myself camping, the other half at sushi bars lol). This is part of why I recommend flax oil supplements over fish oil since, when properly nourished, our body is fully capable of performing elongation reactions. It just takes a longer time for concentrations to build up. It is also significantly cheaper...
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 17, 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

A child when growing needs nutrients , theses may come from several sources.
In Modern America you can eat all most whatever diet you want and be okay, with supplements.
People ate whatever food they could get in our evolutionary past, which included mammals, fish,
birds, cereals , fruits , etc. Eating a gazelle, say is a concentrated source of nutrients, these nutrients
can be obtained elsewhere, though circumstances/environment dictate how much of non meat food is available(and therefore meat). Once people domesticated cows they consumed the most calories from
milk. Europeans( early in our evolutionary past), living where it was cold ate a higher meat diet, based upon the scare levels of flora and meat had a lot of calories. People have eaten everything, and it depends on the time and place as to what food was consumed.
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 17, 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

I was talking about the whole world being vegan, which is a lot different that a vegetarian,a vegetarian does not mean one thing it is an umbrella term for many diets . A vegan does not eat(wear) any animal products/by products.

If someone is a vegan they have to have knowledge on the topic, to do better. Where as one can be an omnivore and be okay, though less healthy than a vegan.

Vegan live longer(7-15 y), have less heart problems, healthier brains, livers than function better, the list goes on. What is the claim the author that you mention as to why people need meat.I personalty know many vegans, who are healthy, do fine, think more about the world that someone who does think about their diet and
its global impact.
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #13

God

Case in point meat is not necessary: Mike Tyson
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 20, 2011, 11:31 AM
Post #14

Unregistered

Seem like Mr Universe is a vegan
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #15

Unregistered

It can be very difficult to explain to people about veganism.
Far to few people are vegans.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post May 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
Post #16

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

Word of caution here: Long periods of gallbladder inactivity (which a non-meat diet will most certainly cause) will inevitably lead to gallbladder problems such as chlolecystitis(link); a veeeeeery undesirable condition of the human body!
The solution: find a way to activate your gallbladder through your vegan diet somehow; hopefully on the daily bases. Why? Because the GB is supposed to contract once a day at least (thanks to the presence of meat in our diet for the last few thousand years). Vegans break this law of nature right off the bat in one single generation; and acute (or even chronic) cholecystitis is the price some of us will have to pay.
Just keep in mind that the gallbladder only reacts to protein in the stomach!
Don't do it and you'll find yourself remembering me the next time you fine yourself waiting in line at the ER!
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 20, 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #17

God

Vegans do get protein smile.gif I usually have 70-150 grams a day (I weigh 155 lbs.).
+Quote Post
code buttons
post May 22, 2011, 11:05 AM
Post #18

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Flex @ May 20, 2011, 08:19 PM) *

Vegans do get protein smile.gif I usually have 70-150 grams a day (I weigh 155 lbs.).

Sounds more than enough! How do you get it, if you don't mind my asking? I know beans and lentils are a good source...
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #19

God

Do yourself a favor and try these: http://www.morningstarfarms.com/products_h...bq-riblets.aspx
You can find them in the freezer section of most stores.

While we are on health foods, try out these vegan bombshells: http://rhythmsuperfoods.com/kale-chips
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 22, 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #20

Unregistered

Boco Burgers are a good source of protein(14g per burger), nuts are typically used by raw foodists for protein, almonds being one of the better nuts, as they are a great whole(all round) food. The main thing is that Americans typically get around twice the protein that they need, which is hard on the body. Two Boco Burger Patties have 28 grams of protein, around half of the daily requirement.(2,000C American Standardized Diet, not the amount need/required for everyone.)
+Quote Post
Phi
post May 22, 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #21

God

Member No.: 25755

i eat vegans and raw foodists
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 23, 2011, 07:54 AM
Post #22

Unregistered

As in a cannibal or more like anthropophagy(the consumption of human flesh to stay alive , intent is not on eating a person, as in cannibalism)?http://brainmeta.com/forum/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon8.gif
+Quote Post
Miles
post Feb 26, 2013, 07:04 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 34955

I like raw veggies foods and mostly take raw veggies foods in my diet.
I also take meat, and all dairy products but sometimes.
I take raw vegetables, fresh fruits, vegetables salads, and fruits juices in my daily diet plan.
+Quote Post
Banlos32
post Jun 05, 2013, 08:38 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 35159

Well what i personally feel is people who aren't in to these things are actually healthier i mean when someone doesn't really have stuff which is actually fat containing and rich in calories and prefer having veggies and other light stuff,What else do they need.
+Quote Post
sergio
post Sep 02, 2014, 02:41 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 37325

I also eat vegetables and raw veggies to keep our self smart and young. Vegetables are great source of getting vitamin and calories so every one should add this in diet plan.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 03:41 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog