Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1,3 Dimethylamylamine Question
Devildog3543
post May 07, 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33093

Just curious... 1,3 Dimethylamylamine is a vasoconstrictor yet its said to be good for mental stimulation and focus. Doesn't vasconstriction counter cognitive enhancement goals? I mean cerbral blood flow is proven beneficial to cognition, why slow it down?

At any rate i'm either confused or misunderstanding some functional element here or both.

thoughts, facts, opinions, experiences are all greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 07, 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 5877

Partially constrict a hose and see how the water flows. Stimulants increase blood pressure and increase heart rate i.e. caffeine.
+Quote Post
Devildog3543
post May 07, 2011, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 33093

QUOTE(Flex @ May 07, 2011, 08:09 PM) *

Partially constrict a hose and see how the water flows. Stimulants increase blood pressure and increase heart rate i.e. caffeine.

But in terms of cognitive enhancement and overall brain health/development isn't this constriction a bad thing?
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 07, 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 5877

Most likely so. Short term enhancement no problem, long term health, you are probably doing more harm than good.
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 08, 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

This is somewhat complicated. Vasoconstriction is used by the body to counter low blood pressure. Stimulants increase blood pressure, this can be good or bad, very good if your blood pressure is dangerously low, no good if your blood pressure is high. A basal thing to do might be to get your blood pressure checked, and check after say 3 hours, then 1 to 3 days then a week, on a steady/the same amount of DMAA.What ever other medicines/supplements that you also take fill effect DMAA and vise versa. Its rather complex as stimulants(some) increase blood pressure(vaso dilate), asthma medications , which are steroids and stimulant-like are vasodilators, to allow more oxygen, CO2 exchange in the lungs. Foods and drugs/medications/supplements increase and decrease blood volume/pressure, the key is to have a proper balance, an example potassium is needed by people to live, so is salt, though they have to be in a specific balance for the body to function properly, what other supplements/medications/herbs/enhancers/ are you taking? Do you smoke, drink, use high dose caffeine or caffeine like drugs? Vaso -construction and dilation is critical for your health your brain and body naturally do both to main equilibrium. I may be able to answer better with more info.
+Quote Post
jamesgunn
post Mar 06, 2012, 05:09 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 34051

What do you you think about Cerebral Success then? They have both DMAA and ingredients that they claim open blood vesels and allow more flow to the brain. I have been taking cerebral for months and it works great. They claim to be good for you. What do you think?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 02:57 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog