Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nootropic Goals
Christsean
post Feb 01, 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33398

What are your thoughts on setting cognitive goals before taking Nootropic compounds?

I believe that if you don't have some type of expectation before you start a regimen, you may never know the compounds full potential. One must set time frames for research and be methodical in dosing. Documentation may not be a bad idea. Start your research with some baseline cognitive performance test. Then check your performance frequently. Again, documentation may not be a bad idea.

I would like to hear back from some researchers on their favorite research methods to help us all maximize our research.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LeeCrostM.D.
post May 16, 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 34248

QUOTE(Christsean @ Feb 01, 2011, 09:55 AM) *

What are your thoughts on setting cognitive goals before taking Nootropic compounds?

I believe that if you don't have some type of expectation before you start a regimen, you may never know the compounds full potential. One must set time frames for research and be methodical in dosing. Documentation may not be a bad idea. Start your research with some baseline cognitive performance test. Then check your performance frequently. Again, documentation may not be a bad idea.

I would like to hear back from some researchers on their favorite research methods to help us all maximize our research.

It is very important to outline what you hope to accomplish when taking nootropics especially if your goals are more complex than "enhancing focus".
+Quote Post
neurofire
post Jul 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 34383

I have to agree that setting goals first is important; I do that all the time. As a matter of fact, that is generally what I do before testing a nootropic in the first place. For instance, I was looking specifically for a supplement that would act as a precursor to dopamine. I found L-phenylalanine (and L-tyrosine, which didn't work for me). I looked for something that could inhibit/reduce the breakdown/reuptake of acetylcholine, and I found L-huperzine A. I searched for something that could inhibit/reduce the breakdown/reuptake of norepinephrine, and maybe EGCG green tea extract will do the job (not tested yet).

It is so much more effective to know what you are looking for rather than just buying random stuff and testing it. Plus, how can you tell if something is good for you or not? That energy drink may feel great, but it's frying out your nervous system. If someone were to try illegal stimulants they may feel good, but they would be bad for them. Researching out things beforehand helps you make sure that you are choosing a nootropic rather than some other sort of unhealthy supplement.
+Quote Post
matthewebbert
post Aug 13, 2013, 11:03 AM
Post #4

Aspiring

Member No.: 35004

Nootropics are simply supplements that help improve cognition and reasoning.

Following are the goals of nootropics:
Enhances learning and memory.
Protects the brain from physical or chemical injury.
+Quote Post
TheInnerWorkings
post Nov 29, 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 32949

There are many reported benefits of the different nootropics and an outline is a wise way to go about your research and experimentation, especially because these compounds can have different results for each individual, and at different dosages. Some other improvements that people have found from the various nootropics are improvements in short and long-term memory, attention span, use of language, increased dream activity and recall, reaction time, motivation, critical thinking, enhanced creativity, and focus.

You could use these for some specific parameters to look out for and take note of.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 11:22 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles