Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DXM noticeably improved my intelligence
ayyyyyyyy
post Dec 26, 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33331

I'm searching for peoples response to my experience. I figure it might contribute something valuable to someone. hopefully!

A lengthy read, but worth it…
As a little background, I am in college and just completed finals a couple of weeks ago. I am also prescribed 20mg of adderall twice daily which I rarely take due to tolerance issues. I ended up taking slightly more than prescribed during my last two weeks of the semester. I knew my brain would be fried after finals were over but I figured I could recuperate over winter break.

In order to keep tolerance under control I took low doses of DXM (>100mg) daily which seemed to actually help a little bit. I have thoroughly searched everything I can think of for information on DXM to gather a true measure of the risks and benefits involved. I had zero problems during this experience and the combination of the two had a healthier feel than adderall alone. By itself adderall usually made me over stimulated and left me feeling burnt out and anxious when I crash. The DXM made everything much smoother and even a little better. I ended up doing very very well grade-wise.

At this point I decided to turn this short dxm maintenance therapy into a scientific experiment. I’ve read of possible neuroprotective and cognitive improvements from dxm but these are only theories. I really liked the glow the dxm gave me so I then began a 2 week experiment to try to notice any cognitive or spiritual benefits of daily dxm usage which couldn’t be TOO incredibly riskier then memantine therapy.
I quit taking any other substances and only took the dxm. It was a combo of regular syrup, delsym, and gel caps. I started at about 150 mg a day and worked my way up from there. I never wanted a full on trip, but only slight effects. My tolerance to dxm grew as expected and so I upped my dosage. 2 weeks after starting I was up to 300mg a day. I by no means felt like a junkie or felt any damaging effects commonly attributed to dxm. I think it gets a bad rap because of the people who take inhibitory doses of it. Now onto the results of this experiment…

Roughly 3 days into it I was finally able to perceive noticeable non-placebo effect. My sense of rhythm and rhyme was becoming quite pronounced. What started as an occasional line of poetry became a stream of rhymes and rhythms that were legitimately coherent. I never noticed ability previously so I assumed it had something to do with the dxm. It acted as a very very good antidepressant as well. I experienced a sense of content that I had never felt before. Not once would I describe this feeling as high. It felt extremely natural actually, unlike the emotionally blunting effects of other drugs or antidepressants.

A week into it I began to get very excited at the potential of this experiment. My brain felt creative, alive, fresh, and fast! I’ve always held the stigma that dxm damages your brain or something but this experience completely changed that view. The effects became more profound as I began to up the dosage up to a limit of 300mg a day. My thoughts took on a much deeper quality and my reality became more vibrant. As a perfectionist and a horrible worrier I usually fall victim to circular thoughts that snowballs into a great amount of stress. This anxiety was completely eliminated within a week surprisingly. Also my sociability has been much improved as I no longer stress over any type of social situation. I feel like I am much more fun to be around as a result. Lastly my vocabulary and talking ability shot way up along with a noticeable improvement in spatial thinking and intelligence.

I am not advocating anybody to try the same experiment I did, but simply want to share my experiences for I feel they are very profound and deep. I personally feel like this particular nmda antagonist is a miracle. Reduces tolerance, improves IQ, increases creativity, eliminates depression, deepens your level of thinking… I really feel as if dxm just increases the efficiency of your brain. Even after stopping the experiment I felt lasting effects.

This experiment definitely merits further exploration, but I leave this here for criticism and insight. I would love to see much more research done on the cognitive benefits of nmda antagonists. If you can handle them responsibly like me then it feels like a miracle, but all it takes is one idiot to screw things up for everybody. Thank you for those of you who read this entire thing!

CLIFFS
-daily low dose dxm seems to undeniably enhance every aspect of my cognitive functioning
-worth the read
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Izilo
post Jul 05, 2011, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 33412

You are a brave person, stretching your limits and comfort zone.
Not many people dare to go into the unknown . . .
How do you feel now ??

Nice writing, enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing !!
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jul 05, 2011, 02:41 PM
Post #3

God

Member No.: 5877

Sounds about how I would expect. The long term consequences are what you should be concerned about... This hardly constitutes responsibility.

Other things that enhance cognition--mania
Other things that hinder cognition--depression

Psychedelics and mental illness are not pleasant bedfellows.
+Quote Post
Redek
post Jul 11, 2011, 03:11 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 33418

Nice post and intriguing stuff. I've had two bottles of syrup DXM sitting in my exotic substance cabinet for a few months now, and am inspired to finally start tinkering with it. Admittedly, I bought it originally to take a higher dose for the 'trip' effect, but Im pretty sure I'll be trying your daily low dose method too.
Im responsible and a non-idiot too!
+Quote Post
danielll514
post Dec 30, 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 33867

im hoping that i can add a little bit more insight and reasoning in which i had nearly the same test results from a scientific study that mainstream media suppresses as to be "bad," when i was merely questioning my limitations on to what i could be influenced to think given the state of mind that is described on dxm.

please note that i have always been smart and i always really knew that the government really is conspiring to end our creativity as we know it. so of couse, i started to smoke marijuana growing up starting a couple months before my 16th birthday. and of course being as smart as i was, my body was finding ways in which to USE anything i put into it as a collected group effort for the greater good of my body. because i believe it be that we exist based off direct influence of our dna structure. also i started experimenting with over the counter alternatives to getting high, and marijuana was obviously getting to be an expensive habit....so i started off with the first otc i heard about that can alter your state of mind, which happened to be dramamine . thats what led me to my first known experience with astral traveling

the way that i started to astral travel, is at the start of what i thought were to be the peak effects of the dimenhydrinate, i tried really hard to fall asleep. in this process, i remember to be able to descibe IN FULL DETAIL OUT LOUD a block in which i rarely walked along in my town.

then i started experimenting with dxm...

and obviously the things that started happening really began to fall in the knowb column of unknown thought processes. i was heavily into listening to one type of music and one type of music only....music that made me feel like dancing and made me FEEL like finding out why that music is so good. then i started to get harmonic resonance..the key so pleasant sounding music is putting out a frequency in which is harmonically balanced to sound full and complete, like a circle. then thats when i started realizing that everything around me that has its own living aspect of it, is in the shape of a circle. just like how the electromagnetic field looks like around the earth, sun, and out milky way galaxy, even down to the core components like atoms and photons. and now its basically common knowledge that theres an eelectromagnetic field AROUND EVERY HUMAN!

then i started to really think about what the frequency did when released to the body in the truest form (subwoofers in a car or home stereo.) it vibrated every fiber of your existance down to your dna, to actually rewire you from the inside out. when your dna vibrates like that, the more RECEPTORS are opened in your dna because the shorter the wavelength, the higher the frequency, and the more chances a charged particle(the harmonic resonance frequency) has a chance to go through a medium which is on the same 2-d chain (dna sequences) to where it can be mapped scientifically on how your very composition is directly influenced on what your dna tells you to activate...this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQGtkSOlQI about NEW REAL scientific research explains a lot of what i just said in a solidified answer.....i think i am a natural bron prophet, for i am 17. my birthdate is feburary 19th, 1994, on around 11:45AM easter time

what im not explaining is how dxm had a huge part of me understanding harmonic resonance. the only thing that i would do while on dxm that i could have fun no matter what was listening to music. and that i had always felt this vibration when tripping hard on dxm 480+ mg at a time dosage...(started off where i could take 8 pills with 30 mgs in them each, and thats only 240.) the vibration i felt i could only describe as "good" because it was the ONLY thing that happened when dxm....a GREAT FEELING REGARDLESS...but then i started to do trips in which i DIDNT listen to music...or music that I had believed to not be truesounding, and those trips were not nearly as fantastic as the "magic" that i felt with the music in place!
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 03, 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #6

God

Member No.: 25755

Dxmadness^
dont do it man...
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jan 03, 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #7

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

QUOTE(Phi @ Jan 03, 2012, 12:18 PM) *

Dxmadness^
dont do it man...

Out of all the legal nootropics available, he chooses DXM. I'm sorry but lol big time. Far safer long-term alternative drugs should be considered.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jan 03, 2012, 05:54 PM
Post #8

God

Member No.: 25755

The long-term/high-dose effects of nmda antagonists look pretty bad.
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Jan 03, 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #9

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

QUOTE(Phi @ Jan 03, 2012, 07:54 PM) *

The long-term/high-dose effects of nmda antagonists look pretty bad.

Oh, I was unaware of the NMDA aspect. I only focused on the SSRI component of it. Actually this has me interested now. By "pretty bad" you are referring to the excitotoxicity that can occur if taken in high doses for long periods of time. A possible remedy around that issue?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2645538/

It seems like decreased ATP production and NAD+ absence are a harmful byproduct coming from the overstimulation of the NMDA & even AMPA receptors. The link above suggests that supplementation of NAD+ may prevent that damaging threat. Personally, couple that with Creatine & Coenzyme Q10 (Increased ATP) and even slap on a daily cup of green tea for theanine can help. If this assistance proves useful in future studies, boy crank up all the glutamate intake and open as many NMDA & AMPA receptors you want lol. Of course, the other neurotransmitters (i.e. nitric oxide, acetylcholine, dopamine, serotonin, etc) will need to cared for and experimented on in order to adapt to the increased glutamate present, but that is a different story. Now if we can work around serotonin syndrome/headaches/hypertensive crisis and a few other complications, we may well be one step closer to a real NZT. The right combination of drugs that can yield the same desired results as NZT exists, the only problem is working out the bugs...

A little off topic, but due to the typical American diet, the digestive system has been damaged with and the need to repair would be imperative considering the use of nootropics since maximum absorption can be considered always ideal. If need be, the use of formulated mixes of vegetable and fruit powder can improve overall function and ultimately the effectiveness of nootropics. In addition, black pepper or specifically piperine can help enhance the absorption of nutrients furthering effectiveness. The next step is simple aerobic exercise which would result in increased blood flow of nutrients particularly the nootropics injested through and across the blood-brain barrier into the needed parts of the brain.
+Quote Post
disbentley
post Nov 11, 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 34683

I've been using DXM for the past few years and have always thought that it was just a recreational addiction. I even tried several unsuccessful trips to rehab to try to quit. Recently I just accepted that I need it in my life and decided to look at it as part of my mental health therapy. DXM as ya'll are probably aware can bring on such a daunting array of experiences and it's been a challenge at times to separate what is useful and what is just ridiculousness. But I find that if I throw back 2-3 bottles of tussin every few days, I can have a good, introspective "trip" that lasts for several hours and then have a wonderful feeling of confidence that lasts for a few days. There have been times when I've been scared that my mind is fracturing but it always passes. Really interesting drug.
+Quote Post
BullGator2000
post Mar 24, 2015, 10:36 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 37613

Bump.

Are any of the users that actively used DXM for the specific purpose of say enlightenment, increased intelligence, expanding one's consciousness, etc, still around this forum?

I would like to discuss their experiences and where they are now in further detail.

Thank you.
+Quote Post
Strat87
post Mar 25, 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 37615

QUOTE(BullGator2000 @ Mar 24, 2015, 10:36 AM) *

Bump.

Are any of the users that actively used DXM for the specific purpose of say enlightenment, increased intelligence, expanding one's consciousness, etc, still around this forum?

I would like to discuss their experiences and where they are now in further detail.

Thank you.

Hello. I find this forum after some google searches. I have been using dxm for a while now. It started as a recreational thing after finally kicking drugs and alcohol and seeking something else that is legal to occupy myself with. I found that I was able to stop craving alcohol and drugs, as well as my mood improved for several days after I would take dxm. The dxm 'trip' has changed considerably as well. I used to get strong dissociative affects and a serious 'dumbing down' or inability to think of the right word... it kind of made me retarded. As my tolerance grew and my interest in it as a recreational thing faded I found that one 300-400mg dose every couple of days produced little 'high' and kept previously very strong recurrent urges to drink at bay. I am worried a bit as to the long-term effects of this. I have wrecked my body enough after years of drug abuse and drinking. At the start my DXM use was soley for the high. Now though, I am really enjoying the mood lifting qualities and lack of cravings to do anything else.

The trip sometimes come back. It seems like it depends on what I have eaten. If I take the DXM and have forgotten to eat I still get some of the mind opening effects I used too. If I eat though I don't get that 'trip'. I am a musician and writer. The story ideas and music I have created while on dxm are really cool. The connections dxm seems to make in my head are unlike any other drug I have done (which is pretty much them all).

I am interested in continuing to explore some of your experiences while taking dxm.
+Quote Post
BullGator2000
post Mar 26, 2015, 10:28 AM
Post #13

I will post on this subject matter in more detail at a later time. Hopefully tonight or this weekend. I need to say quite a bit regarding this whole subject. I hope we can have a constructive discussion about this topic as well. Until then, have a good rest of the week.
+Quote Post
MetaMan
post Jun 09, 2015, 06:24 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 37719

Interesting, after using psilocybin and dxm together I noticed a vast increase in my ability to pick up rhythym and creativity as well. I want to do an extract of DXM so that I only get what I want from syrup and experiment with lower doses similar to how I microdose with mushrooms. LSD and dxm at low doses together sounds like it would be amazing - as a musician anyway, however, I'm sure others can utilize the creativity and antidepressant effects that I've noticed in their field as well.

Also fun to note, high states of meditation increase the activity of these receptors the same way a combination of dxm/serotogenic psychedelics do by increasing the same hormones.

Mens Sana Monogr. 2008 Jan-Dec; 6(1): 63–80.
doi: 10.4103/0973-1229.33001

couldn't post the url, but you can find it. it's titled "Neurobiology of Spirituality"

get down to the results section. Amazing stuff.
+Quote Post
BullGator2000
post Jul 04, 2015, 06:31 PM
Post #15

This could just be me, but here are some results that I've found.

Definitely more mental clarity, increase awareness, linking ideas together, etc. However, it seems that there might be a limit to how much you can take. Obviously there are plateaus depending on how much you take at once(and how it affects you), but I'm not talking just about how much specifically, but how how often(duration).

I don't think it's a good idea to re-dose or do it for too long (day after day) without a break. I believe it has something to do with the receptors in your brain and how much is being built up. Of course, I'm no scientist or chemist, as my field of expertise is in finance. So I'm just putting this out there so others can be careful. Use at your own risk, but hopefully you already knew that. It also seems to have an affect on blood pressure, but that could be case by case. Also of note, be careful of what other medications or "drugs" you mix this with. Marijuana doesn't seem to go that well, hit or miss.

Here are a couple good links to other user results and faq. (no spaces in the links) It would not let me post the links otherwise.

www . erowid . org / chemicals / dxm /

www . erowid . org / chemicals / dxm / faq / dxm_side_effects. shtml
+Quote Post
BullGator2000
post Aug 01, 2015, 04:07 AM
Post #16

Okay, now there is a movie titled "DXM". About the unified field and perhaps the possibilities of a unified consciousness. Does the title of this movie have to do with the chemical DXM, I'm not sure. No spaces on the link obviously. Your thoughts?

www . youtube . com / watch?v=Je0sb9cA9wg
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 07:48 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles