BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> At age 25 we are supposed to lose our abilities to make neural connections considerably?!, Crap! How should I do that before it's too late?(ahhh!)
Kaloa
post Dec 13, 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33114

Seriously; I'm not sure what all what is what really regarding this. What is the truth about losing neural plasticity, or learning capacities/abilities, or whatever around age 25? I don't want this to happen. I am 23, and do not have long! ..?.Woah man!... in fact I am downright stupid compared to what I wish I was, as a brain!... Anyways, maybe I should've put this in personal advice section, but what should I particularly do to stave off this biological learning drop-off?

Any knowledge about this or advice concerning study habbits, nutrients, nootropics, lifestyle choices, etc. I really do not want to be stuck with an even more difficult brain to deal with than the one I have. That would really bother me, I must confess, If my capacities for the rest of my life were stunted because of this anamoly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Flex
post Dec 13, 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #2

God

Member No.: 5877

You are fine amigo! What you need to do is relax smile.gif

Your brain is both plastic and hardwired; were it now, you would be in some serious trouble. Certain circuits must be hardwired, like vision. Were this not the case, what you perceive as green one day, may be blue, or even smell like peaches.

At 25 your risk assessment is considered to be "fully developed". This to me implies that those circuits, which keep you out of trouble, have been reinforced so many times, that by 25, you have made enough stupid mistakes, and formed your basis for future risk judgements.

The same rational likely goes for many cognitive functions. You are not going to form new neuron connections unless you are exposed to new stimuli; otherwise, you are relying on the same old networks. As long as you actively engage in new experiences, you will continue to learn, and grow. You can teach an old dog new tricks, they are just typically not willing.

Take home message: have fun and experience life to its fullest!
+Quote Post
Kaloa
post Dec 15, 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Awakening

Member No.: 33114

Thanks! Thank you for clarifying that for me. And it is true; I do need to relax... If it is only risk assesment, then I don't need to worry about that then. I have been trying to relax more... Just been a little vexed lately, maybe.

Thanks again.smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 06:42 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles