Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Studying IT (Computer) Certifications & Repair, Bad Memory, Concentration
c3tr4
post Oct 25, 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33175

Hello,

I'm new here, been reading a little here and there and would like some help. I'm 31 now, back in my 20s I drank a lot and experimented with some drugs a little and these days I have a really hard time concentrating during daily activities and studying. I tend to forget things easily and when I tried to read or study something I just can't seem to focus and retain the information, I even get restless playing a video game even though I'm having a good time. Prior I was getting bad sleep (less then 6 hours a day) and not exercising but now I am getting 7-8 and going to the gym. I make organic milkshakes with blueblerries and protein/greens powder mixes with fish oil omega and flaxseed added.

Could someone advise to a good stack for a noob to get some focus and better memory back? I'm trying to study for some new computer certifications and I'm having a really hard time picking up new information, I feel like I need to read the chapter all over again the next day as if I barely read any of it at all..

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kikai93
post Dec 16, 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 33312

QUOTE(c3tr4 @ Oct 25, 2010, 01:16 PM) *

Hello,

I'm new here, been reading a little here and there and would like some help. I'm 31 now, back in my 20s I drank a lot and experimented with some drugs a little and these days I have a really hard time concentrating during daily activities and studying. I tend to forget things easily and when I tried to read or study something I just can't seem to focus and retain the information, I even get restless playing a video game even though I'm having a good time. Prior I was getting bad sleep (less then 6 hours a day) and not exercising but now I am getting 7-8 and going to the gym. I make organic milkshakes with blueblerries and protein/greens powder mixes with fish oil omega and flaxseed added.

Could someone advise to a good stack for a noob to get some focus and better memory back? I'm trying to study for some new computer certifications and I'm having a really hard time picking up new information, I feel like I need to read the chapter all over again the next day as if I barely read any of it at all..

Thanks!

Ideally, you should get yourself checked by a physician for nutritional deficiencies first.

If you don't have much of an income/insurance plan:
Aniracetam or Piracetam 750mg
CDP Choline 250mg
Magnesium Glycinate 200mg

All 3x daily (approx. 4 hr intervals)

Try that for a bit.

Also, try D3 if you don't go outside in the sun much.

Most Americans have a magnesium deficiency. If it's pronounced enough, this can cause some of the symptoms you describe. Piracetam has a well documented history and a good wikipedia article describing that. Aniracetam is the first Ampakine, in the same family as Piracetam, and has some similar effects. It is also somewhat anxiolytic. CDP Choline is a good choline source that has been proven to increase the density of certain receptors in the brain.

I started my nootropic journey with the above (after an abortive attempt at trying someone else's 'superstack') and gradually added things as new research and opportunities came to my attention.

Now I have a 'superstack' I suppose, but it's tailored to me, and I can explain the benefits of each constituent part, both subjective and documented. I tend to drop anything that doesn't have a measurable effect, regardless of the hype or literature surrounding it.

I also highly recommend some form of meditation (Zen, Raja Yoga, and the like, not the New Age nonsense)
+Quote Post
c3tr4
post Jan 19, 2011, 08:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 33175

QUOTE(kikai93 @ Dec 16, 2010, 10:37 PM) *

QUOTE(c3tr4 @ Oct 25, 2010, 01:16 PM) *

Hello,

Thanks!

Ideally, you should get yourself checked by a physician for nutritional deficiencies first.

If you don't have much of an income/insurance plan:
CDP Choline 250mg
Magnesium Glycinate 200mg

All 3x daily (approx. 4 hr intervals)

Try that for a bit.

Also, try D3 if you don't go outside in the sun much.

Most Americans have a magnesium deficiency. If it's pronounced enough, this can cause some of the symptoms you describe. Piracetam has a well documented history and a good wikipedia article describing that. Aniracetam is the first Ampakine, in the same family as Piracetam, and has some similar effects. It is also somewhat anxiolytic. CDP Choline is a good choline source that has been proven to increase the density of certain receptors in the brain.

I started my nootropic journey with the above (after an abortive attempt at trying someone else's 'superstack') and gradually added things as new research and opportunities came to my attention.

Now I have a 'superstack' I suppose, but it's tailored to me, and I can explain the benefits of each constituent part, both subjective and documented. I tend to drop anything that doesn't have a measurable effect, regardless of the hype or literature surrounding it.

I also highly recommend some form of meditation (Zen, Raja Yoga, and the like, not the New Age nonsense)

I'm going to try and make it to the Dr early next month when my Insurance kicks in. What you described is also what someone else suggested the problem could be. It was also recommended that I start taking b-100, 10,000 iu of D3, and a good multivitamine (life-force capsules), magnesium (mag-relax) and buffered c (which has some mag and coral calcium in it as well). I'm starting on this stuff tomorrow morning, I'll report how I feel over time, then I'll add the

CDP Choline 250mg

Etc.

Thank you!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog