Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Memory Stack
Devildog3543
post Sep 17, 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 33093

I have been using the following stack for about 1 month now to increase memory, visual recall, and comprehension of my studies. I typically have my nose in a book from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed and my brain is constantly in data processing over drive mode.

Before taking this stack I typically felt overwhelmed and had very hard times recalling the vast amount of information I needed to when it came to exam times. Also at any point during the day I found time to take a 20 - 60 min nap I would. Naps were becoming almost as important as breathing to me.

Since this stack I can honestly say I haven't felt the need to nap since my initial dose. I fall asleep perfectly fine after a very long day usually around 1am and wake up feeling completely refreshed at around 8. Before I was always tired when I woke up.

My Dreams are very vivid, colorful, and at times audible which isn't typical of my dreaming habits in the past. This dose makes me feel really calm, clear headed, and sometimes very briefs moments I do zone out and retract into my own little world which I need to snap myself out of.

In terms of memory recall it has been a fascinating experience. I study a fraction of the amount of time I used to and on exam days its as though I can see my notes printed on the back of my eyelids. My recall is phenomenal, I surprise my self at a minimum of 5 times a day at the weirdest things that I am able to recall that otherwise I'm sure I would have never remembered.

I'm looking for input from other experimenters / long time advocates of cognitive enhancers about my current stack. I have no intention of cycling any of my supplements as I haven't found any conclusive evidence that states I should.

I intend on adding Alpha GPC to my stack 600mg in the morning and in the afternoon, as well as upgrading my ALA to R-ALA and my Huperzine-a to L-Huperzine.

9am
Vinpocetine 10mg
DMAE 300mg
DHA 500mg
Phosphatidyl Serine 100mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 800mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 400mg
Huperzine - A 100mcg
Ginkgo 24% 120mg
Vitamin B Complex
Multi-Vitamin

2pm

Vinpocetine 10mg
DMAE 300mg
DHA 500mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 400mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
Huperzine - A 50mcg

7pm

Vinpocetine 10mg
DMAE 300mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 400mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg
Huperzine - A 50mcg

*These times are not set in stone I try to dose every 4-5 hrs*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdoman2
post Nov 15, 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 33219

That is a scary amount of drugs but effects sound great. This is my situation. I am studying for the MCAT and wish to know what are the best supplements to take for memory. I do not have a problem with focus, I remember most details for only a few days at most. I have heard L-Huperzine A and Pyritinol are a good stack but what about for me specifically. I dont have side effects to Huperzine A 200 mcg 2* a day and Neuro PS gold with DHA 2* a day. I am running out of the two and am wondering what you pro recommend, because I bought these two supplements on a wimb.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Beau

I couldn't create a new topic because I am new to this site! If nothing else can you start this thread for me.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Nov 16, 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #3

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

If its working is working but personally im against vinpocetine and huperzine on a daily base but just ocasionally instead.
If you cut alcar, vinpocetine, dmae and huperzine at 7pm maybe you will sleep even better.
Consider taking EPA with you DHA both have interenting properties.

QUOTE(Devildog3543 @ Sep 17, 2010, 07:45 PM) *

I'm looking for input from other experimenters / long time advocates of cognitive enhancers about my current stack. I have no intention of cycling any of my supplements as I haven't found any conclusive evidence that states I should.

Maybe im not a long time enough experimenter but... I suppose you havent found any conclusive evidence that you can take them without cycling neither.
Not a racetam lover?
+Quote Post
Devildog3543
post Nov 17, 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(bdoman2 @ Nov 15, 2010, 12:20 PM) *

That is a scary amount of drugs but effects sound great. This is my situation. I am studying for the MCAT and wish to know what are the best supplements to take for memory. I do not have a problem with focus, I remember most details for only a few days at most. I have heard L-Huperzine A and Pyritinol are a good stack but what about for me specifically. I dont have side effects to Huperzine A 200 mcg 2* a day and Neuro PS gold with DHA 2* a day. I am running out of the two and am wondering what you pro recommend, because I bought these two supplements on a wimb.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Beau

I couldn't create a new topic because I am new to this site! If nothing else can you start this thread for me.

For memory I would go with DHA/EPA, DMAE, vinpocetine, huperzine A and R+ALA . The rest of what I mentioned helps me to focus. Basically anything that promotes the creation and effective use of acetyl-choline in the brain. But be careful taking to many supps, (especailly DMAE), to much acetyl-choline causes some bad headaches but not much more.

You mentioned that you were taking Neuro PS....Waste of money IMO ...main ingredient being phosphotdylserine (which they are overcharging for) is now only derived from soy products, which has been shown to be about as effective as chewing bubble gum to solve an algebra equation. The original PS was derived from cows brains and it had promising cognitive benefits. But they dont do that any more for ...and I kid not....fear of mad cows disease being processed in the supplement.

Want PS? eat a brain lol
+Quote Post
Devildog3543
post Nov 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Jakare @ Nov 16, 2010, 08:49 PM) *

If its working is working but personally im against vinpocetine and huperzine on a daily base but just ocasionally instead.
If you cut alcar, vinpocetine, dmae and huperzine at 7pm maybe you will sleep even better.
Consider taking EPA with you DHA both have interenting properties.

QUOTE(Devildog3543 @ Sep 17, 2010, 07:45 PM) *

Maybe im not a long time enough experimenter but... I suppose you havent found any conclusive evidence that you can take them without cycling neither.
Not a racetam lover?

Curious as to why you are against the vinpo and huperzine daily.

I'll have to try your suggestion at 7 to see effects, although I have yet to experience any type of insomnia from these supps even though its warned against.

You are right I haven't found any evidence that says I shouldn't cycle. Though I have dwindled the Vinpo and huperzine to once a day just because noticeable benefits at my previous doses have dwindled. I've stopped with the PS for reasons I mentioned on the above post. And my DHA is combined with EPA at 250mg per dose...I forgot to mention it I suppose.

I've tried piracetam and Aniracetam. In the beginning for both racetams effects were highly noted and appreciated. After about a month + of regular doses on both supps I get nothing. I could probably eat a 1lb of piracetam and 10g of ani and get more benefits from a cup of coffee? Yes I've tried mixing the two, and to no-avail.

I suppose my main goal to achieve these days now is concentration and focus. I feel that my above stack with the noted changes in this post have helped my memory tremendously, now I feel concentration to be my only lack luster for a highly efficient data absorbing neural monster.

Thus I've added 3 doses of L-Theanine to my daily stack at 200mg per dose. So far effects are highly notable and extremely fast to take course (30min). I feel much more calm and relaxed then normal with almost a slight sense of ...for lack of a better word... "apathy"....which is beneficial to my studies when there are many things on my mind, or external distractions.
+Quote Post
Devildog3543
post Nov 17, 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(bdoman2 @ Nov 15, 2010, 12:20 PM) *

I remember most details for only a few days at most.

May I also suggest aside from supplements, spaced repetition for increased long term memory. Based off the Leitner system of studying, SuperMemo is a good program and free I believe, to help you schedule spaced repetition. Also, Anki is another program that is free that I use and does the same thing as supermemo but much easier to use.

However I think supermemo uses a much more complex algorithm to space your repitition then dose Anki. But they both promote active recall which is probably the best thing you can practice if you want to remember long term, all depends on how much you want to put into learning the program I suppose. Anki takes about 5 mins to understand, Supermemo...well lets just say there could be a class on it!
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Nov 18, 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(Devildog3543 @ Nov 18, 2010, 05:46 AM) *

Curious as to why you are against the vinpo and huperzine daily.

Huperzine
http://www.pnas.org/content/101/7/1795.full
http://www.imminst.org/forum/topic/23451-a...zine-a-dangers/
http://www.imminst.org/forum/topic/5072-huperzine-a/
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=918704

There is no doubt it works it is just a matter of precaution.

Vinpocetine
I have to say there´s not much long term research on it and given all the good feedback around maybe i was just a little on the safe side but having caution is a good thing. Anyway i founded this.

http://www.imminst.org/forum/topic/23457-v...it/page__st__20

If you are still wondering why piracetam and aniracetam stoped working after a month+ is because cycling was needed to avoid tolerance and even wise long term users felt little from them after a few months. Im cycling them 3 days a week.

L-theanine...sounds interenting if its not too expensive i could give it a try.

Hey! That supermemo is a good find! Thanks

http://www.supermemo.com/articles/decalog.htm
+Quote Post
Flex
post Nov 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #8

God

Member No.: 5877

Why would it matter where the PS is derived? A chemical is a chemical. As far as I can see there should be absolutely no difference depending on the source.
+Quote Post
Devildog3543
post Nov 21, 2010, 07:49 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Jakare @ Nov 18, 2010, 11:32 PM) *

L-theanine...sounds interenting if its not too expensive i could give it a try.

Hey! That supermemo is a good find! Thanks

After doing some reading on those Huperzine A forms It makes since to not take it at all given all the precursors to acetyl-choline that I'm taking..Building it up and then giving myself the ability to not break it down=headaches! Thanks for the info!

On the racetams...You're most likely right about the cycling on my part. Although I've been off it for quite some time now and had some stores left so thought id give it a try..Nothing noticeable...Maybe I'm one of those long term tolerance builders?

L-theanine is very nice and relatively inexpensive, you could pick up a bottle at your local vitamin world for around $15.00 or if you want bulk google NutraBio they sell 150g for 39.00 (best price I've found, and legit site from what I've dug up)

Supermemo and programs like it have greatly increased my memory retention in conjunction with good brain nutrient supplementation! Glad you liked it.
+Quote Post
Devildog3543
post Nov 21, 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Flex @ Nov 19, 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Why would it matter where the PS is derived? A chemical is a chemical. As far as I can see there should be absolutely no difference depending on the source.

Why you ask? I'm not sure! Sadly I'm no chemist! I can only pass on what I've read. But From the studies I've read the difference is there. I think it has something to do with how the PS bonds to the fats in the actual brain and they believe that other parts in the brain that come with extracting the PS may be boasting the PS to increase cognitive funtioning during the trials. Yes the PS does bond to the lipids in soy, but the soy itself lacks the "extras" that come from a brain.

This is my understanding of it, I'd rec. some searching in terms of "soy PS vs brain PS" if you wish for more on the matter!
+Quote Post
joey digrado
post Apr 29, 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #11

Unregistered

QUOTE(Devildog3543 @ Nov 21, 2010, 07:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Flex @ Nov 19, 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Why you ask? I'm not sure! Sadly I'm no chemist! I can only pass on what I've read. But From the studies I've read the difference is there. I think it has something to do with how the PS bonds to the fats in the actual brain and they believe that other parts in the brain that come with extracting the PS may be boasting the PS to increase cognitive funtioning during the trials. Yes the PS does bond to the lipids in soy, but the soy itself lacks the "extras" that come from a brain.

This is my understanding of it, I'd rec. some searching in terms of "soy PS vs brain PS" if you wish for more on the matter!

i take 500 mg neuro PS, 400mg DHA and 1000-2000mg acytlcholine* and in a week the difference is night as day, i couldnt be more focused, and am about to add ginko to my regiment. no need for too many drugs i owuldnt take anymore then what i am taking but everyone is different.
+Quote Post
Devildog3543
post Apr 30, 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #12

i take 500 mg neuro PS, 400mg DHA and 1000-2000mg acytlcholine* and in a week the difference is night as day, i couldnt be more focused, and am about to add ginko to my regiment. no need for too many drugs i owuldnt take anymore then what i am taking but everyone is different.

Sounds like a good little stack there. As for the ginko, I'd skip over it. Its mainly used for cerebral vasodilation and some antioxidant properties . However a lot of controversy circles them claims! To obtain the same benefits for a lot less money but with substantial studies that show it works...Id go with vinpocetine. IMO of course.
+Quote Post
post Jun 04, 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #13

Unregistered

hi Docs....i really got a lot of knowledge fromt his forum specially your talk...i need to ask you i need to use this discription to enhance my memory for the comign 2 monts to have my exam i need to know what the appreviations stand for DMAE DHA EPA...AND IF I ask my the pharmacy to prscript it ,..they will know the appreviations...thanx
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jun 04, 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #14

God

Member No.: 5877

No need to see a pharmacist. All health store stuff. Just some fatty acids and choline sources. Cut the vinpo and ginko, and you will be good.
+Quote Post
jesswyatt
post Mar 15, 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 38118

Do you still use this stack? I'm trying to figure out what to take.
+Quote Post
haohao
post Mar 18, 2016, 02:12 AM
Post #16

Awakening

Member No.: 38120

Significance:

The research of the signal transmission in the cell level mainly focuses on the proteins related with the functions of tested animals, especially for the movement and changes of the molecules in the protein sectors. As to the human brain, the research is generally conducted with the help of scanning and sensor devices, and the inner side of the brain, especially active human brain , meets some challenges. Actually, the research for the signal transmission is a collaborative system, which is proved already by related brain function research, and the data from the research process need to dynamic analysis with the big data model construction. Only sensor or scanning devices might not enough to put forward the research, and such as microble shell, nanorobotics, even nanochemistry. So proper moulding of the shells, the bacterium shells for example, when connected with the big data model of the signal system, could help to solve the issue.

Abstracts: The innovation method and tools applied in the research of signal system is important and necessary for the current research work. Big data modeling could function a better recorder and analysis tool, which could record the data collected, and use the ICT (namely Information and Computing technology ) to make the analysis of the data an automatic progress. At the same time, the utility of the shells could provide the concise data resources for the auto-updating of the big data modeling.

Keywords: big data; signal; human brain

I.The Construction of the Big Data Modeling
The technology of big data modeling has developed recently, most of which use the tool of stable statistical software programming. This saves a lot of labors comparatively, and often shows to the user in direct charts. However, the human brain is more complicated, and difficult in all levels, not to mention that the signal function of the human brain works as one system. So the construction of the big data modeling is necessary, and need to be constructed in one operating system with some layers.

II.The Exploitation of the Target Shells

The shells would be selected and classified into several types at first, and be moulded to be no harm to human body later similar like the vaccine. To choose the proper shells, the
human body characteristics need to be taken into consideration. A trial response test would be taken prior to the officially use the moulded shell. After it, the target shell which has been coded in the modeling system, could be used in the clinical volunteers. If the test proved to begin to produce any negative effect to the examinees, the test will be ceased immediately and treatment will be offered to the examinees.

The target shell might be varied with the signal research activities, which at the same time could test the data modeling system. If any data deviation happened, the modeling system will be checked and specific further tests will be designed and the target shells will be varied.

When the technology of nonorobotics or nano-chemistry has developed in some extent or properly used, they also could be assembly used with the target shells to make the microdata, which forms into the system-level big data.

….

III.The Designed Working Process of the Big Data Modeling

The brain signal data system will be used to automatically record the data happened in the trial test of the shells, and the upcoming data from the research progress would increase the submodels or the part of the system itself.

The layer might be increased to better understand the activities of between the signal and its surroundings.

IV.The Stimulation of the Modeling system

Another important function of the modeling system is to stimulate the human brain for usage such as the medical usage, behaviour / emotion estimation, human relationship improvement and even social environment changing detection.

The modeling system could also be developed into modeling center with a distributing data system.

Note:The IP of this paper belongs to the author Victor, and any use in any forms of it should be informed to the author itself in the form of writing document. However, if the further research is conducted in the researching institute, the IP of the papers will be shared between the PI and his institute, which should be listed in the agreement.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles