Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Instigating discussion, Creation of artificial consciousness and intelligence
hk9
post Jul 10, 2010, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32905

Hello,
I have been reading through some of the topics on this forum and find the audience quite interesting. So much, and informed on interesting trends in interesting topics. Today, I would like to present my interest - developing tools and techniques to encourage and identify artificial consciousness in emulated environments. By investigating more abstract (less if/then type thinking and more direct mathematical and logical structures) representations with unique interfaces (bitmaps laid into matrix-like fields) I believe more viable results can be accomplished. However, I also realize that the potential level of abstraction may be beyond my, or even everybody's comprehension. To overcome this, I'm not aiming directly for the golden bullet, but more interested at solving small simple problems using techniques that should be more scalable to general problems.

Now, I'm interested to know what other people might have come up with. And discussing will help us all articulate our ideas much more better for our own pursuits.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Wisdom4Me
post Aug 03, 2010, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32968

QUOTE(hk9 @ Jul 10, 2010, 03:58 PM) *

Hello,
I have been reading through some of the topics on this forum and find the audience quite interesting. So much, and informed on interesting trends in interesting topics. Today, I would like to present my interest - developing tools and techniques to encourage and identify artificial consciousness in emulated environments. By investigating more abstract (less if/then type thinking and more direct mathematical and logical structures) representations with unique interfaces (bitmaps laid into matrix-like fields) I believe more viable results can be accomplished. However, I also realize that the potential level of abstraction may be beyond my, or even everybody's comprehension. To overcome this, I'm not aiming directly for the golden bullet, but more interested at solving small simple problems using techniques that should be more scalable to general problems.

Now, I'm interested to know what other people might have come up with. And discussing will help us all articulate our ideas much more better for our own pursuits.

Start with a simple question to address a simple problem.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:25 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles