Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Loneliness......
Apathy186
post May 11, 2003, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 36

what's it feel like to you?-in your words describe it......

just curious to how others explain this vast word  8)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
angelroze
post May 12, 2003, 05:48 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Member No.: 31

well.. thet way i see it, is that you dont have to be alone, you just have to FEEL alone, like people arent theere for you, you cant talk to them, no one understands you, MANY MANY people just think that you have tobe alone.. but you dont. really yooou jusy have to feel alone.. and thas how i felt till i got here... thanx you guys ROze :-* :-*
+Quote Post
roachman1215
post May 12, 2003, 06:13 AM
Post #3

Overlord

Member No.: 390

It felt like darkness. Like being in a blacked out room and knowing that there are people around you, but you can't see them.  It was feeling lost and unloved, even though you had friends. It was painfully restricting. You have no one to listen to you, to express your feelings to. Loneliness is like walking on a path by yourself. All you see is the distance in front of you; and only your trailing footsteps behind you.

James
+Quote Post
gloryoflove29
post May 12, 2003, 09:06 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 167

James has described loneliness very well, we all feel this sometime in our lives.  I have been in two relationships in my life so far and in both i always felt so lonely.  I believe it was because i was lacking an emotional connection with my ex- boyfriends.  We never communicated very well, i must say i did but they just couldn't understand me.  If we let it, loneliness will begin to consume our souls and only then will we find that we are missing something and that our soul & our being of who we are, starts to die deep within and we lose a sence of self. Sad really but it's so true.  Finding happiness in ourselves and other's helps bring us out of this darkness as James describes well. wink.gif biggrin.gif All my love to all Kimberly-gloryoflove29 :-*
+Quote Post
Ailin_Eberwolf
post May 22, 2003, 04:11 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 16

hmmm. okay say your life is a flower. When you are a kid the flower is bloomed and beautiful. But as you go through life problems pick away at your petals, but everytime one is picked off you just say; 'hey, i got more.' but then you get to your last petal, which loneliness will pick off. It's your last petal you don't want to lose it, you don't want it to go away, you dont want to give in, you love it, you need it, but in the end it falls away...down to the grown to be covered with dirt and washed away. Leaving you near a natural death.

...if your lucky you'll grow it back next spring.....
+Quote Post
Dara
post May 22, 2003, 04:29 AM
Post #6

God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 99

Lonliness to me....

Being the only one of your kind, no ohters like you in existance. Like being an alien...Lonliness is being surrounded by people who know you the best and they STIL have no CLUE who you really are. Lonliness is not connecting with other beings like yourself. Sometimes I feel very lonley when I am surrounded by family and freinds.  To me lonliness is this dark void insidde me that can never be filled. Lonliness is having no roots, no belonging, no structure, no foundation...this is all what lonliness feels like to me...

Love,
Dara
+Quote Post
confused_love
post Aug 02, 2003, 11:23 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 91

to me lonelieness means to not have the person you want care about you, for them not to be with you. so feel empty and heartbroken...
+Quote Post
hollywoodsnoopy
post Mar 18, 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #8

Overlord

Member No.: 4306

A void has been filled recently, but I am still lonely. I miss the simple pleasures of having someone close at hand. I miss someone to hold, to kiss, to be near. I have found a person to make me happy, even if not in a serious relationship capacity. The part that slays me deep is that I want to just lean over to him and kiss him with all the fire and passion I feel for him now, but I cannot. I know it would change the dynamic of what we have here. He likes another and doesn't want to lead me on, but I can't get him out of my head, nor do I wish to. I posess this feeling of happiness from him and he has no idea. He likes me for whatever reason and his smile kills me everytime I see it. Yet, when I tell him how I feel it does no bit of good and for that I am still cold and all alone. I don't want to give up and move on because the caring is so great. I stay silent now to see what will happen, if he may change his mind about me and the role I play in his life. I pray for it, I wish for it, I hope every solitary day for it. Pathetic yes, but it is all I can do from not going insane from my true love and care for this man. I am alone and don't feel alone at the same time. Doesn't have to make sense to others. It makes sense to me.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Mar 05, 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #9

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

very very depressing and boring. very energy draining. and a feeling of disintegration.
+Quote Post
kaytea111
post Aug 10, 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 5485

loneliness...............

Not having someone to lean a shoulder on and cry, when your upset and no one knows or notices..... not being able to talk to someone about it or just not being able to talk about it to yourself.....lonely, not having someone to understand you, but when you cant understand yourself....feeling hallow inside...atleast thats how i feel...hallow, inside its dark, your spirit is cold( not cold as in cruel and mean) but literally ice, ice cold....not being brave to stand up for your self....lonely isnt an emotion (example- i feel lonely) but a state of mind, maybe you created it trying to get attention, maybe its real....for me, its real....i have felt that way when something terribly has gone wrong......loneliness is something very hard to explain yet something very easy to feel...
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Aug 10, 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #11

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(kaytea111 @ Aug 10, 03:55 PM) *

not being able to talk about it to yourself.....

How is this possible? You talk to yourself all the time. It is called thinking. I am not trying to confront you. Just trying to understand your statement better.

Not having someone to lean a shoulder on and cry, when your upset and no one knows or notices..... not being able to talk to someone about it or just not being able to talk about it to yourself.....lonely, not having someone to understand you, but when you cant understand yourself....feeling hallow inside...atleast thats how i feel...hallow, inside its dark, your spirit is cold( not cold as in cruel and mean) but literally ice, ice cold....not being brave to stand up for your self....lonely isnt an emotion (example- i feel lonely) but a state of mind, maybe you created it trying to get attention, maybe its real....for me, its real....i have felt that way when something terribly has gone wrong......loneliness is something very hard to explain yet something very easy to feel...

Wow! And I say this with respect. What you're saying has deep implications. For example, I could deduct that we're all alone to some degree. Even those sorrounded by their family and loved ones. I wonder if, unlike you (who can get in and out of that "state of mind"), others might find themselves hopelessly lonesome permanently. And if they just appeare normal from the outside. Like the main character in that famous movie "American Beauty"
+Quote Post
kaytea111
post Aug 11, 2006, 06:28 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 5485

QUOTE(code buttons @ Aug 10, 07:12 PM) *

not being able to talk about it to yourself.....

How is this possible? You talk to yourself all the time. It is called thinking. I am not trying to confront you. Just trying to understand your statement better.

yes, everyone can think, but deep thoughts....like when people say they hate themselves- they cant even think of there deep thoughts, when they are trying to get away from themselves- by comitting suicide or drugs....i've never had any of these experiances....

thnx!
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Aug 11, 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #13

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

loneliness or alone? the former implies the need for contact, the latter can be just out of contact, perhaps intentionally. busy people crave to be alone sometimes. you can still be a great person without other people. try and put loneliness aside and use your mind to wander into exciting worlds. use your imagination to create activities and you will find that humans are so gifted with the "mind" they have, that they can be entirely independent of others and still lead meaningful existences. poetry is a great activity that can be done alone. try it, and you will see that with a bit of practice it is quite easy to come up with really meaningful art. anyone can do it.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Aug 12, 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #14

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

Blackness, if you but knew, is the light of the Essence;
To the darkness within flows the water of life.
+Quote Post
spliff
post Jul 23, 2008, 05:27 AM
Post #15

Awakening

Member No.: 25404

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Aug 12, 2006, 04:20 PM) *

Blackness, if you but knew, is the light of the Essence;
To the darkness within flows the water of life.
Exactly my deductions,couldn't have said it better
+Quote Post
spliff
post Jul 23, 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #16

Awakening

Member No.: 25404

QUOTE(Apathy186 @ May 11, 2003, 04:01 PM) *

what's it feel like to you?-in your words describe it......

just curious to how others explain this vast word  8)

In the eyes of the lonely
There is pain and sorrow
will it end
Will there be a tomorrow

Hoping and praying
Is all i can do
wishing you were here
saying i love you
+Quote Post
boots
post Jul 23, 2008, 05:46 AM
Post #17

Awakening

Member No.: 24437

Lonliness to me is realizing that what goes on in my head is only for me to know and for absolutely no one else to know. It is complete isolation from everyone and everything else around me. It is the problem of existentialism. My consciousness is mine alone. This can lead to paranoia and extreme fright or depression.
However, one must learn to tame this feeling. It is from the ego that this feeling of detachment arises. If we let the ego go and realize its limitations and meaninglessness, we will never feel lonely. There is no such thing as isolation. There is only connection. If we were totally alone, we would not be able to interact with each other and with the environment around us. We would be a point, a singularity. But we are NOT. Reality is a cat's cradle, a web of connectedness. Lonliness is a failure to realize that we are resting in this web. Sit back and relax in the hammock of existence!
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jul 23, 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #18

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

And someday, perhaps, discover love.
+Quote Post
boots
post Jul 23, 2008, 09:53 AM
Post #19

Awakening

QUOTE(Rick @ Jul 23, 2008, 11:24 AM) *

And someday, perhaps, discover love.

Love, the antidote to lonliness rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 23, 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #20

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

loneliness is the road to Love... ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
boots
post Jul 23, 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #21

Awakening

To find the solution, you must first recognize the problem.

The Buddha often spoke of his teachings as a raft used to cross from a dangerous island, over perilous seas, to an island of safety. However, the effort to build the raft and to sail across dangerous seas would be meaningless if the refugee didn't first recognize the initial danger on the home island.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 23, 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #22

Supreme God

To experience the solution you recognize there was no problem.
+Quote Post
boots
post Jul 23, 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #23

Awakening

The problem began as a restless mind. The solution began with the realization that it didn't have to be that way. The problem is ignorance. The solution is realization.

To experience the solution, you recognize that there didn't have to be a problem (but acknowledge that there was one, in the form of ignorance).
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jul 23, 2008, 05:01 PM
Post #24

Supreme God

it's only a problem from a limited perspective. From a greater perspective it is evolution. And from another it is illusion..

"If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels.- From the gospel of Thomas
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 01:25 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog