Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> the ideal boyfriend ??
confused_love
post Aug 03, 2003, 04:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 91

hey everyone, my name is stephanie. and i am new to this site. but i was just reading so forums and i kinda helped out a bit. i would really like to hear what some people think about the ideal boyfriend.
 in other words your dream guy ,,, ? anyone. please ;D
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jDc
post Aug 03, 2003, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 215

Mine  :P
+Quote Post
jana
post Aug 04, 2003, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 210

hi!
it's difficult to give a description of an ideal boyfriend. there is no such thing as an ideal boyfriend. If you are secure with who you are, then you will know what kind of person would suit you the best. So basically, ideal could equal a person who best suits who you are!

I know it's a crummy sort of answer, but your question does not allow for a more detailed one.

Why did you ask this question anyway? Are you looking for someone, or have you met someone?

xxx greetings
+Quote Post
veda
post Aug 05, 2003, 02:55 AM
Post #4

Aspiring

Member No.: 506

the ideal boyfriend- one that does what i tell him to do! ;D
seriously tho i think jana's right. the perfect boyfriend would be the perfect man, and i dont think there is such a thing
+Quote Post
jana
post Aug 05, 2003, 11:58 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 210

veda, you are right. an ideal man? i'm quite convinced there is no such thing!  wink.gif

+Quote Post
lover_with_wingz
post Aug 06, 2003, 05:54 AM
Post #6

Overlord

Member No.: 283

In tihs world there is a person for everyone I believe and to the other person that person is seen as being right for him/her maybe not perfect cuz really no one is or ever will be but someone can make a person perfectly happy which is different from being perfect.....An ideal man.......depends on the person I feel and the standards on sets.......an ideal man is I feel an individual decision......what is ideal for a certain person this is my opinion if I had to for me personally someone who was emotional not afraid to be sensitive and show his emotions.....a honest open person someone who was funny and just all around charming!

I live in a fairytale land some may say I am like welcome to my world.....

Nothing but love,
Chrissy
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Aug 30, 2003, 07:07 AM
Post #7

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

What's all this about 'no perfect guys' ???  user posted image

I know that there are very few of us about - it just means you have to look harder!

Joking apart, do not imagine that constant happiness can be found.
You cannot appreciate happiness [or security, or anything else for that matter] if you do not experience the opposite from time to time.

The key feature is that the primary objective of each of the 'pair' is to love. And everything else is secondary. So if you are arguing [call it discussion] remember that you still love your mate, and know that your mate remembers too.
It is impossible to agree all the time - each has to compromise for the good of the pair.
Commitment!

Just my thoughts - don't want to preach - I love you all too much!!

Best regards, Bill  user posted image
PS All offers on a postcard please!
+Quote Post
DownOnLove
post Sep 23, 2003, 02:20 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 586

Your ideal partner is your "social equal but personality opposite".
+Quote Post
MsJackson
post Sep 25, 2003, 12:33 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 568

hi, i'm gonna have to agree with jana. there is no such thing as a prefect guy. there's only"as good as it's going to get" if u know what i mean. ur perfect gut maybe sweet, honest, romantic, sexy and so on but guys can only be so many things. my man is my "ideal guy" but he's missing one thing. he is not really romantic. if he was then he would be "perfect" but there is no such thing so u take the good with the bad and u teach them! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
ShoutTTL
post Oct 03, 2003, 10:27 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 620

Who is that perfect guy? Guy who fills in your not so perfect void in your life? Both have to be grown up and realize the potential in each person, not only that, see for whom he is. That’s the best part of each person, that uniqueness that you get to experience. If we are still looking for that perfect other, knowing our own imperfections, then its time to start working on ourselves.
+Quote Post
hollywoodsnoopy
post Mar 18, 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #11

Overlord

Member No.: 4306

Ideal, hmmmm, good question. It is someone you can feel deep in your soul even when they are not around. I have someone like that in my life now and he has done something amazing for me. I have not picked up pen and put it to paper in over 2 years and through nothing said he inspired me to write and post 5 new original poems. I let him know that he inspired me and he was flattered. Hey, I will take what I can get at this point. We are becoming great friends. He has this light that shines over him and he is far too blind to even see it. Pity is that he does not feel the same way for me as I do him. I will keep my distance and let nature take its course, even if it leads him away from me. I just enjoy his company and the hours we spend talking about everything. It makes me happy, which is what I have lacked as of late. I am utterly amazed by him and that makes him ideal for me.
+Quote Post
Warren
post Mar 27, 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3792

I don't think a person should look for the ideal or perfect mate, even if there was such an entity they would probably get bored after a while. It is our human imperfections that create bonding tension-- intrigue is stronger than antipathy.
+Quote Post
kaytea111
post Aug 10, 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 5485

maybe not the "perfect man" or "ideal boyfriend" but YOUR "perfect man" or "ideal boyfriend"...someone that your not scared of...someone who loves you back....does amazing things just for you....makes you laugh....loves you for eternity...
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Aug 10, 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #14

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(kaytea111 @ Aug 10, 03:59 PM) *

maybe not the "perfect man" or "ideal boyfriend" but YOUR "perfect man" or "ideal boyfriend"...someone that your not scared of...someone who loves you back....does amazing things just for you....makes you laugh....loves you for eternity...

I agree with Warren ladies. Stop looking. people change. Sooner or later. Passion fades away, and then the fun ends. Then you find yourselves back where you started. It's a cycle. I say just enjoy the ride while it lasts and move-on when the time comes.
+Quote Post
OnlyNow
post Aug 11, 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #15

Overlord

Member No.: 4822

QUOTE(code buttons @ Aug 10, 10:22 PM) *

Passion fades away, and then the fun ends.

I'm afraid you're right. If anyone has discovered a way around this, please tell us!

I suppose that if you can keep yourself somewhat "hard to get" forever, then you can maintain some level of interest. Maybe the trick is to always maintain your own life and develop a world where you don't actually NEED your person of interest. Oh, and always flirt just a little bit with peripheral people. Not so much to be hurtful, but enough that your mate always knows that you know you could theoretically get someone else. This would serve as a constant reminder that you are something of romantic value. It could help the passion to settle into a good place, though admittedly never as incredible as it was at the beginning. More importantly, you both must like each other immensely, enjoy each other's company. Of course, you love each other, too, but contrary to popular belief, that's not enough. If such a "good place" is good enough, then maybe, just maybe, a passable amount of passion could last 'til the end.

This method could only work if BOTH parties do it. I think that often, women become the clinging vines--even in this day and age--and the men they're pursuing naturally feel suffocated. I suppose that societal norms and tradition have kept that way of thinking alive. A couple of generations ago, most women truly were dependent. Once married, they didn't work, and really could not survive on their own. This has changed, but old ways of thinking die hard.

On second thought, my idea above is too much work. The hit-and-run thing is much easier, and you never have to settle for something that's just good enough. Now you COULD maintain one partner and keep the thrill if you had the 24-hour memory thing like that guy in the movie Memento. But that might be the only way...
+Quote Post
Rick
post Aug 14, 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #16

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

It's a good thing we don't have that problem loving our parents, children, brothers and sisters, old friends, and our selves.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Aug 16, 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #17

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Rick @ Aug 14, 09:34 AM) *

It's a good thing we don't have that problem loving our parents, children, brothers and sisters, old friends, and our selves.

And don't forget our pets and inflatable dolls (and my Play-Boy Magazine collection)!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 02:46 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog