BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does anyone have real life experience using Huperzine A for dementia?
Helena
post Apr 29, 2010, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32729

Is there anyone who has used Huperzine A for the symptoms of dementia? I have read a great deal of the research but I have found no one who has actually used this herb successfully for dementia symptoms. I need to talk to someone about the reactions to expect. For instance, what dosage appears to work well? Do you take breaks from the Huperzine A? Does Huperzine A cause some effects such as anxiety or nervousness? How long is it safe to take Huperzine A? I would really like to hear from someone perhaps with a medical or clinical background to help me. Thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Apr 30, 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 5683

You may want to check out the Wikipedia entry on Huperzine A at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huperzine_A

I would also take a look at some of the studies conducted with Huperzine A at PubMed.gov

Here is a recent study you may want to check out: http://ecam.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/nep136v1.pdf
+Quote Post
Helena
post Apr 30, 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 32729

Thank you for one answer. I have done research at some of these sites already, but I was seeking someone who may have actually done the dosages in real life and can tell me how the response has been. I can find NO ONE in a clinical setting to help me. Thanks.
+Quote Post
mr b
post Apr 02, 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #4

Unregistered

QUOTE(Helena @ Apr 30, 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Thank you for one answer. I have done research at some of these sites already, but I was seeking someone who may have actually done the dosages in real life and can tell me how the response has been. I can find NO ONE in a clinical setting to help me. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Flex
post Apr 02, 2011, 01:55 PM
Post #5

God

Member No.: 5877

That is because no one in a clinical setting uses Hup-A. Mild cognitive impairment on the other hand, you can follow the same guidelines as anyone else.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 07:54 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles