Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> dancing with miss tina???
screamingdreamer
post Sep 02, 2003, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 407

you know...i was in the scene for a long time..."the scene" being the dirty, overrated, new-age hippie-ish thing that seems to be the 'thing to do' if you're into techno...raves...parties...whatever you wanna call it...anyway.  i've become painfully aware of the fact that methamphetamines are becoming one of the most widely used drugs out there.  man.  i mean, people dont realize...that's some serious shit.  let's take the gay scene for instance.  it's like ESPECIALLY gay men...that i'm around...are all doing meth.  Tina.  that's what they call it.  its because it totally demolishes their appetites and they lose weight.  because as we all know...gay men are obsessed with being beautiful...even if they have no hope.  (very broadly generalized deduction, mind you.)  my point is...how have we come to the point that we sacrifice our mental and physical health to drugs...to be or FEEL attractive?  i know what it does.  i've been where it takes you.  i dont understand...i suppose in the grand scheme of things...its their own prerogative...anyway...i just had that on my mind, and thought i'd bring it up...im going to bed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jatava
post Sep 10, 2003, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 213

Hey screamingdreamer,

Enjoyed reading your commentary. Thanks.

I don't really want to "bash drugs" though I feel that might be appropriate somtimes. I myself am a recovering alcoholic. But this meth thing kinda baffles even me.

You mentioned folks who wanted to be cool and who were also concerned about their appearance, to which I would add the question:

"Have ya ever seen a meth addict's teeth?" :-

Well, if ya do please lemme know where they are. I know quite a few recovering meth addicts who are still looking for theirs.
+Quote Post
screamingdreamer
post Sep 10, 2003, 10:49 AM
Post #3

exactly jatava.

i dont understand how, not only kids, but ADULTS even...think that...jesus...i have a friend who just moved in with some meth heads...and he (for some god-awful unknown reason) thinks that doing meth is a good idea! he says he's lost 5 lbs this week, and he's never felt better...im like "what?!? okay well how good are you gonna feel when your cheeks sink in, and your teeth fall out?" it totally baffles me, to say the least. i mean, i dont want to come off sounding all holier-than-thou...because i'm certainly no angel...but people need to think about the long term effects of willingly letting themselves become addicted to such hard-core drugs. it's one thing to fall into an addiction because you dont know any better...but to take the plunge on purpose? for the thrill? for the challenge? for the WEIGHT LOSS?!? it's completely insane.
+Quote Post
Dara
post Sep 12, 2003, 08:42 PM
Post #4

God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 99

Hmmmm, losing 5 lbs in one week sounds real appealing to someone with an eating disorder!

Temptation, massive temptation! But, I can't go there. But the temptation is unbelievable, I tell ya!

Sorry, it's late for me, and i am overtired! AND..the truth hurts! tongue.gif

Love,
Dara
+Quote Post
Anne (not signed in)
post Sep 13, 2003, 06:26 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

What Idon't understand is whyyou can't see, or understand... you say you were into all that sh*t. If you were into it and stayed with it. well....why'd ya do it?....come on there must be some reason. see that the thing. your getting angery and think people are being complete idiots doing what you have already done. In your testomony you said you were now happy. but you have a sh*t load of underlying anger if you can say that stuff about people who you in someway were like. and by being pissed at them and thinking that they are stupid your trying to push your old problem away from you thinking that their's is worse. Takesome time to really think about what the hell you said.....
oh and btw youever talk about a gay man women or anything in that asinine way again. Ill be on your ass on this site in 20 flat.

Sincerely,
Anne
+Quote Post
screamingdreamer
post Sep 13, 2003, 11:26 AM
Post #6

okay first of all anne...i will say whatever i want about gay people because i AM gay. and yes, i was in the scene...and i FINALLY managed to get myself out of it...and im not ANGRY. i'm worried about a couple of my very close friends...and i have no one here to talk to about it, so i chose to write about it on this forum. i know how bad it is, even when you think its good. i know what it makes you feel like. and what it does to your head. im not trying to belittle anyone. im not trying to sound holier-than-thou. i just dont want my closest friends to have to go through the same kinds of fucked up feelings and issues that i did at one time. im not trying to bash anyone for doing drugs...im no angel. all im saying is that i dont understand how SOME people can PURPOSELY let themselves get hooked on something that they KNOW the consequences of...sorry if i offended you in any way.

+Quote Post
burnout_00
post Sep 14, 2003, 07:00 PM
Post #7

Overlord

Member No.: 71

I AM in a holier-than-though art, type mood today. Bash on me fuckers. I still do drugs, but I'm not all fucked up about it. Meth is fucking sick and stupid yes, but try it and you'll see why people are fucking dumb about it. IT WON"T LEAVE YOU THE FUCK BE. amphetamines will take hold of you. DON"T BE A DAMN TWEEKER.
+Quote Post
littledirtyred
post Oct 21, 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 13681

I'd like to thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences - everyone of you make a difference - three days ago, I allowed a new friend and her husband talk me into smoking Meth with them. $90 worth of Meth, 15 hours later - didn't take a rocket scientist to see why this drug is all the rave. I'm glad that I liked it so much to take the time to do a bit of reading up on it - what goes into making it - what it does to your health - your teeth - how it reduces lives -
Meth is something that I will never be doing again, along with speaking to the 'friend' who turned me on to it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 04:14 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog