> Why can't I get passed this?!!
lover_with_wingz
post Jan 25, 2003, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 283

Hey everyone!
I try so hard to be the one to hold others together to help those in need that I forget I am in need sometimes too! Tonight I went skating with my Fiancee and it was very exciting I had a wonderful time! I hadn't been skating sice way before my surgery and I though i had a great time I hurt so badly both physically and emotionally I used to love to go roller skating!! It was one of my favoeite past times so I thought going tonight I could pick up were I left off years ago but I am not that same person anymore! :-/ I am not carefree and able to do what I used to! I feel down so many times tonight and like with ym internal bleeding and bruising I got back up to keep trying! I felt frustrated with myself because I used to be so good and now I can only skate a few minutes without having pain in my lower back and my body hurting and since I am missing part of my rib bone I wobble all over and have a hard time keeping my balance my surgery was over six years ago I felt helpless cuz when I fell it was har to pull myself back up I got really down on myself and blamed my surgery! Why can't I get past this seems I always have triggers that make my surgery and the events if it apparent all the time :-/ any thoughts Thanks so much I should post this in my new forum I am still working on topics to start it off I want it to be perfect! Thanks for listening to my pathetic delemma lol
                                                                      Love,
                                                                Chrissy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
+Steven Curtis Lance
post Jan 25, 2003, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Poet in Residence
Member No.: 449

Chrissy honey, I hear you.  I had encephalitis when I was nineteen and spent some time in a coma, and I didn't wake up as the same person who went to sleep.  I can't get past that either.  And then the abuse; it's easier to get over permanent changes in the brain than to get over that!  But I believe we are glorified by our suffering.  I believe we are better and more beautiful because of our scars, visible and invisible.  I have trouble relating to people who haven't suffered; they just can't/won't understand me!  They don't get it, and they don't really care to try very hard to get it.  The best thing I can offer you is not my advice, but my solidarity.  You and I are in unbreakable solidarity, the solidarity of suffering. There is no stronger bond.  We shall overcome but never forget, we are stronger because we never, never forget.  Forged in the crucible of suffering, we are strong inside, stronger than anybody knows.  I, for one, am always, always, always being underestimated!  I love it!  People are really surprised at the fight I put up when they try to trample me.  "Hurt me once, shame on you; hurt me twice, shame on me."  My father used to work for La Cosa Nostra.  And that's not an Italian restaurant.  I learned something important from him: never forget.  Never.   We have suffered, we have scars.  Scar tissue is stronger than skin which never knew pain.  Battle on, sister.  I'm with you all the way.  
+Quote Post
lover_with_wingz
post Jan 26, 2003, 01:18 PM
Post #3

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 283

Thank you steve so much for your loving understanding and support! I absolutely love you because you can understand what it is like! I went to sleep also and woke up a totally diffrent person like almost overnight!!! I just get so frustrated because I used to be able t skate well before my surgery and now it hurts to do it and I kept falling down! and I felt like a little kid all over again and then I was blaming my disease and my surgery and I wanted to battle it because this was something I loved to do before my surgery and I felt as if my surgery was trying to take it away from me I hope this makes sense Steve! I also relate so much better to other with disabilities or other issues because they can underststand they do not stand behind a wall looking away when I am in pain I can go to them without fear or rejection kinda like you Steve I know I can come to you and you will listen ponder and understand! I am so sore today I slept most of the day  but I want to go skating again! I want too what I love regardless of this disease that thought I had surgery to somewhat correct me will never leave me and that is the frustrating part for me I can not believe anyone would ever hurt you in the ways that you have been hurt but you are right we do come out of things more beautiful and stonger I and I know you have too have battled things in my life that whn I was small I never thought I would have to battle but I will trudge on and with you and dara and others by my side I will perservere! It wonderful to have you as my friend Steve! Again Thank you!
                                                             All my soul
                                                         and my love within
                                                          Chrissy
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 09:07 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles