BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Electroshock & "extraordinary abilities"?
getitall
post Dec 06, 2009, 09:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32512

I have seen very interesting cases of people that gained as we call them "extraordinary abilities" after having an accident of electroshock. One of the documentaries made by someone I am currently working with, demonstrates how some masters in India and South America demonstrate an instant matter manifestation, time lapse and all sort of unbelievable things that are considered either miracle or a work of charlatanism (well, let's don't go into long debates about the last one and just accept it as a fact that the abilities are actually a real phenomena).

Cases of using electroshock in military and by intelligence agencies to create well performing "soldiers" are also known as weather truth or conspiracy theories (in this case it doesn't matter).

My question is... if that's to be truth that by intrusion into ones magnetic field and manipulating it, ones extrasensory perception can be significantly amplified, and ability to manipulate matter triggered, what could be a scientific explanation for this?

What is happening in biomagnetic field of a human for such effect top take place? What is your take on it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
getitall
post Dec 06, 2009, 09:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 32512

just some additional info to give more meat to my question:

How Electroshock Therapy Might Work

What is most incredible is that doctors do not know why ECT actually works to fight mental illnesses, which often makes making a decision to have ECT even more difficult for a patient. It seems so unscientific and remains a mystery. But here are the major theories:

* Neurotransmitter theory. Shock works like antidepressant medication, changing the way brain receptors receive important mood-related chemicals, such as serotonin and dopamine and norepinephrine.

* Anti-convulsant theory. Shock-induced seizures teach the brain to resist seizures. This effort to inhibit seizures dampens abnormally active brain circuits, stabilizing mood.

* Neuroendocrine theory. The seizure causes the hypothalamus, part of the brain that regulates water balance and body temperature, to release chemicals that cause changes throughout the body. The seizure may release a neuropeptide that regulates mood.

* Brain damage theory. Shock damages the brain, causing memory loss and disorientation that creates a temporary illusion that problems are gone. Shock supporters strongly dispute the theory, advanced by psychiatrist Peter Breggin and other shock critics.

_____

with all that said, my question is not answered...
_____

extract from the article "ECT - Side effects & risk" conducted by University of New Jersey:

...." Furthermore, relief through ECT of a psychiatric disorder can result in improved intelligence, attention and learning ability."

My question is still "WHY?"

_____

? ...and from procedure stand point... what exactly is happening here - are we shooting the photons through the body or what electroshock really means from physical stand point?

would appreciate your thoughts...
+Quote Post
kalinda
post Oct 22, 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 36121

Well all matter has an electronic field. Disconnection? I mean I would assume it has something to do with magnetic polarization?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles