BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MRI / EEG studies on enlightenment?, enlightenemnt & neuroscience, MRI research & Samadhi
getitall
post Dec 06, 2009, 07:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32512

I have been studying various eastern practices and the phenomena of enlightenment interests me from the standpoint of technologies for enlightenment.

I was practicing different forms of meditation and few month ago had an experience of Samadhi (which accordingly to Eastern schools is a glimpse of enlightenment, first stage of transformation).

With all that said I am interested to find out if any researches were ever conducted to establish an understanding of EEG state of enlightened masters. Some are not alive any longer, but some are very :-)

For example Paramhansa Nithyananda claims to be enlightened, and few others.
Now, from what I gather, enlightenment is uninterrupted state of Samadhi where you are no longer identified with the body and mind. From my own experience it's a very different state then meditation when you are in your Alpha or Theta.

Samadhi is a state with almost no thoughts, no sense of separate body nor sense of ego and individuality. I lived with it for 12 hours and would really be interested to know if any scientific research was done on it and if with any neuro device the Samadhi can be reinforced.

I would appreciate to hear your opinions or get any relevant links to articles, research documents etc.

P.S. I will be going to visit Nithyananda in fall of 2010. If any researchers and videographers are interested to join, please connect with me on Linkedin or Facebook and let's start a dialog. (Search there for Olga Kostrova or Google me).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
getitall
post Dec 06, 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #2

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32512

adding 2 cents...

when I go back in my memories to recall the states prior to my Samadhi experiences, I remember the state of intense inner fulfillment (while still embodied) followed by deep emotional pain and exhaustion.

As I listened this week some Nithyananda's talks on his first Samadhi experience, to my surprise he claims the same states as requirements for Samadhi (which can lead to a permanent state of enlightenment). You can find his videos on YouTube >> search with keywords for "1st Samadhi Nithyananda" or so...

So, I wonder from neurological stand point, what processes could be present with such mix of emotions...

but again, it still a pre-enlightenment state answers...
the major question is after a permanent sense of non-duality happens...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 05:08 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles