Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When do i take Choline and Piracetam?
cheekyleopard
post Dec 06, 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32385

Ive searched all over the net, all over this forum (and others) and cant find this answer.

Is it best to take choline and piracetam between meals?? After? With? Before? Or a combination of all to cover all angles??

Or do you take choline and piracetam at different times???

Really am confused here.

Currently taking 6g of piracetam a day with 300 alpha gpc with each 2g split dose.

Regards, CheekyLeopard.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Dec 30, 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Demi-God

Member No.: 5683

Most people find that piracetam is more effective taken on an empty stomach. You can also take choline/alpha gpc concurrently with piracetam. Some split doses and may take one in the morning and another in the afternoon.

+Quote Post
magellan
post Jan 08, 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 32572

GodOfConsciousness
I take 3 tablespoons piracetam a day divided
works best for me
but deplete choline very quickly
how much and what type choline would you suggest in my case?
+Quote Post
chrono
post Feb 18, 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 32482

When taking Alpha GPC for the sole purpose of supplementing piracetam, I go for 300mg a few hours after my first 800-1000mg dose of piracetam, or at least a while before the second dose. I'm sometimes able to skip a day or two without brain fog showing up again, moreso if I'm taking ALCAR.

QUOTE(magellan @ Jan 08, 2010, 09:18 PM) *
works best for me

A tablespoon of piracetam is about 9.5g. Is this seriously what you take 3x a day? If so, you may want to try cutting back, a lot; piracetam is generally considered to have a bell-shaped dosage response curve, and 30g a day is megadosing.

600mg Alpha GPC/day might be a good place to start, and titrate upwards until you no longer get any negative effects. Though if you're taking 30g a day, I have no idea what that's doing to your choline. I'd hesitate to take more than 1.2-1.5g of GPC a day, that's the highest I've seen recommended or used in studies.
+Quote Post
Richi
post Feb 21, 2010, 02:16 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 32164

There are two reuptake mechanisms for the acetlycholine system to re-use choline, or bring it back into the presynaptic cleft. Generally speaking, if acetylcholine is used up quickly the high affinity transpoter (which is Na+ dependant) will reuptake it very quickly which results in a quick rise of levels in the brain. For the daily intake of choline though the low affinity transporter regulates the levels.

Free choline will be floating around in the blood if there is too much, but available if the need arises. So it's not necessary to take right before or during the intake of racetams, so long as there is enough available.
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Feb 23, 2010, 06:29 AM
Post #6

Demi-God

Member No.: 5683

QUOTE(magellan @ Jan 08, 2010, 09:18 PM) *

GodOfConsciousness
works best for me
how much and what type choline would you suggest in my case?

Alpha GPC and CDP Choline are arguably the best choline sources. Co-administration can vary on the type of racetam and dietary intake throughout the day. Generally, however, co-administration with choline hovers around 1/3 to 1/2 the dosage of any particular racetam not exceeding over a gram per day. As chrono mentioned, do be aware of bell-shaped efficacy. More is not necessarily better or more effective.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 02:20 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog