Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Interested in nootropics
voodoochild87
post Nov 18, 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32477

Hello. I've just started looking into nootropics. I am a 22yo genetics student. I'm 6'5'', 190lbs, asthmatic, very interested in everything I've been reading on this forum. I only take a multi-vitamin, singular (for asthma), and an over the counter inhaler I use sometimes (I also smoke marijuana everyday). I am very interested in increasing, and hopefully ultimately maximizing, the cognitive power of my brain.

I'm not a student that wants to take these for tests or school, I already can do that fine. My whole life I've felt like some people know how to use their brain better, and though I am a humble person, I feel I have a different type of brain than the average person. Based the level of articulation and self-awareness I have observed from the posters on this forum, I feel a place like this is a good congregating spot for out-side the box thinkers. I am here to ask if anybody can give me some basic information (I've been reading posts on this website for about 3 days now before posting) on nootropics and other supplements that can be taken to increase my cognitive ability.

My memory has always been my weakest mental discipline. Ive always felt distracted when people are trying to explain every-day things to me, such as names, dates and place. I always forget these things without a significant mental expenditure (science, art, music etc. these things I rarely forget, perhaps because my brain deems them "interesting"). Because of this, the first thing I want to try is paracetam on its own briefly before adding a choline source. I have already ordered some paracetam powder from bodybuilding-com. Hydergine is another important one I'm looking to add next.

I suppose my basic question for anybody that does not wish to start a huge discussion is: what supplements should I start looking at if I want to a) significantly increase my memory cool.gif prevent mental aging c) increase creative, unorthodox thinking and problem solving d) perhaps increase the speed and clarity one can express an idea in ones mind to the outside world (ex: teaching a complex idea to somebody, writing an abstract song or chord progression) and finally e) reduce the potential negative mental effects of psychadelics while perhaps also decreasing mental tolerance to these drugs or enhancing their effects overall.

Kinda of a strange first post, but I found this website by simply thinking to myself "there must be atleast a small group of people that discuss regularly on the internet the idea of controling your brains potential." Sure enough there is and here I am smile.gif Hope to have some interesting discussions with you guys, thanks again - Hugh

P.S. I also believe I have a slight streak of dyslexia. Sometimes I'll confuse and combine words into words that don't really exist. I also tend to look at things non-linearly or out of sequence. I think this helps my perception in some ways, but is also somewhat hindering. I know a lot of these drugs are originally intended to help with diseases like dyslexia, so information on how these drugs affect certain brain quirks like that would be appreciated as well.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
LizerLife
post Aug 20, 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 32998

I have the ultimate neural combo for you. Stop smoking marijuana.
+Quote Post
kikai93
post Dec 16, 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 33312

QUOTE(voodoochild87 @ Nov 18, 2009, 09:13 PM) *

Hello. I've just started looking into nootropics. I am a 22yo genetics student. I'm 6'5'', 190lbs, asthmatic, very interested in everything I've been reading on this forum. I only take a multi-vitamin, singular (for asthma), and an over the counter inhaler I use sometimes (I also smoke marijuana everyday). I am very interested in increasing, and hopefully ultimately maximizing, the cognitive power of my brain.

I'm not a student that wants to take these for tests or school, I already can do that fine. My whole life I've felt like some people know how to use their brain better, and though I am a humble person, I feel I have a different type of brain than the average person. Based the level of articulation and self-awareness I have observed from the posters on this forum, I feel a place like this is a good congregating spot for out-side the box thinkers. I am here to ask if anybody can give me some basic information (I've been reading posts on this website for about 3 days now before posting) on nootropics and other supplements that can be taken to increase my cognitive ability.

My memory has always been my weakest mental discipline. Ive always felt distracted when people are trying to explain every-day things to me, such as names, dates and place. I always forget these things without a significant mental expenditure (science, art, music etc. these things I rarely forget, perhaps because my brain deems them "interesting"). Because of this, the first thing I want to try is paracetam on its own briefly before adding a choline source. I have already ordered some paracetam powder from bodybuilding-com. Hydergine is another important one I'm looking to add next.

I suppose my basic question for anybody that does not wish to start a huge discussion is: what supplements should I start looking at if I want to a) significantly increase my memory cool.gif prevent mental aging c) increase creative, unorthodox thinking and problem solving d) perhaps increase the speed and clarity one can express an idea in ones mind to the outside world (ex: teaching a complex idea to somebody, writing an abstract song or chord progression) and finally e) reduce the potential negative mental effects of psychadelics while perhaps also decreasing mental tolerance to these drugs or enhancing their effects overall.

Kinda of a strange first post, but I found this website by simply thinking to myself "there must be atleast a small group of people that discuss regularly on the internet the idea of controling your brains potential." Sure enough there is and here I am smile.gif Hope to have some interesting discussions with you guys, thanks again - Hugh

P.S. I also believe I have a slight streak of dyslexia. Sometimes I'll confuse and combine words into words that don't really exist. I also tend to look at things non-linearly or out of sequence. I think this helps my perception in some ways, but is also somewhat hindering. I know a lot of these drugs are originally intended to help with diseases like dyslexia, so information on how these drugs affect certain brain quirks like that would be appreciated as well.

I'm not overtly against recreational marijuana use, but daily is definitely going to have a serious effect on short term memory. That said, see if you have any nutritional deficiencies, take up meditation and memory games, and maybe try a racetam and a choline source to see if that has a positive effect.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 01:09 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles