Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My experience with Adrafinil (Olmifon) and what's next
Mystik1
post Sep 02, 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32336

A little background first:

I'm a writer with a day job. That means I wake up earlier than I care to think about to pump out 2 hours of writing before I head off to the job that pays my bills. I'm very healthy and physically fit. I eat very clean foods. I take a multi and fish oil everyday. I smoke marijuana every night. I have 7-10 drinks a week, generally on Friday and Saturday. Mid 20s.

I'm inches away from finishing my latest work. I can see the end in sight. But damnit I need a push. I've tried some noortopics before (Aniracetam) and the results were ok but nothing great and not consistent. Adderoll was the biggest motivational pill I'd ever taken (college) but I have no source for that these days.

I started doing some research which led me to Provigil, which costs way too much for a starving artist. That quickly led me to Adrafinil.

I ordered forty 300mg tablets of Adrafinil (Olmifon) via a seemingly reputable overseas company. It came from the UK and got to me under 2 weeks. So far so good.

The first day I take it, I had to be up from 5am until 8am the following day. That's something I rarely if ever have to do. Granted it was outside with a lot of people (Film set) and plenty of coffee. I don't consider it a great testing ground.

Monday I started the true regime. Alarm set to 5:00. Take one 300mg pill. Go back to bed for 30 minutes. Wake up, take another, make some coffee, sit down to write.

Now, 530 sucks and writing sucks, so it's a pretty sucky situation. You power through it. Only way to get the damn thing done. The hope was this pill would be friendly, provide a boost of motivation and focus.

Nada.

I've read that it can take a while for this to build up so I am committed to this for two weeks. Tuesday had the same non result. Today I took a total of 900mgs (1 at 5:00 and 2 at 5:30). It felt slightly different but not much. There is *something* there, something different, but i actually feel like some sort of ... emotion is missing from me. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's not positive or negative. Seemingly... Useless. Actually I think I am slower, more fuzzy, not totally with it.

But, as I said. I'll give this a go for two weeks total and see where I am at. I'm slightly worried about what this does to my liver (See above 7-10 drinks a week) so no matter what the result I'll give this a break after the 40 pills are gone.

Which brings me to my next test.

Yesterday I ordered Modalert 10x200mg. I hear this may be better than the Adrafinil. It should be here in 2 weeks or so, so I'll have a week between stopping the Adrafinil and starting the Modalert. Since it was only $7 I also ordered Deprenyl (10 5mg tablets).

I won't be stacking the two. The Deprenyl I'll break the 5mg tablet into 5 and take 1mg once a week and see what happens. From what I've read people dont start a Deprenyl 'regime' until they are 30 so I'll only try this briefly.

I'll use this thread to report results. I'd love to hear any thoughts, opinions or suggestions.

Thanks all
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mystik1
post Sep 15, 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Wow. The modalert was in my mailbox when I got home from the day job today. Took it at 6. I've been ROCKING for the last two hours. And i mean ROCKING. I just blew through these major structural updates to my script that could have easily taken me til Saturday to finish. It all just pieced itself together with amazing clarity. I can actually FEEL this stuff, unlike the Adrafinil.

My guess? Everyone reacts to this stuff differently. I bet some will have great luck with Adrafinil. If you don't - give Modalert a try. So far, I'm loving it. I'll report back if there any other effects.
+Quote Post
nullified
post Sep 16, 2009, 03:09 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 32355

I react just like you. 50 mg modafinil is infinitely stronger than 300 mg adrafinil, because i simply do not respond to it. I guess its some enzymatic issue. Moda is the shit.
+Quote Post
Mystik1
post Sep 16, 2009, 05:51 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(nullified @ Sep 16, 2009, 04:09 AM) *

I react just like you. 50 mg modafinil is infinitely stronger than 300 mg adrafinil, because i simply do not respond to it. I guess its some enzymatic issue. Moda is the shit.

And I surprisingly got to bed around 12:30, 6 hours after taking it. Granted my sleep wasn't the best (Although I've got a lot on my mind) Woke up at 5 feeling like I got a lot more than 4 1/2 hours of sleep. Probably will hold off on taking this again until friday or saturday when I can do a nice 5 hour marathon.
+Quote Post
brett1304
post Oct 12, 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 32404

Where do you live and what online pharmacy did you use to get adranafil and modafinil? I live in Canada and want to get my hands on either but am afraid of the border control/bad online pharmacy.
+Quote Post
Olivia
post Apr 25, 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 32722

I take 200mg Provigil everynight at 9-10PM. Then I stay awake to work till 6-7 AM next day. After that I can take a nap or drink the next 200mg pill to work to the late afternoon then taking a short sleep. I am working as freelance Programmer and for company. What do you think?
+Quote Post
shady
post Apr 26, 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 31871

450mg of adrafanil keeps me up for a day, as long as I supplement small amounts of caffeine. On rare circumstances I've taken 600mg which leads to insomnia. Interesting that you had no effect even at 900mg. As stated prior, it must be an issue with conversion to the active modafanil.

Let us know how deprenyl mixes with the modafanil.
+Quote Post
shanewatson384
post Oct 17, 2012, 01:23 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 34598

I am sharing my Experience With Adrafinil. I formerly purchased a box of Olmifon a few several weeks ago. It does its part in improving knowledge and feelings, but it always provided me this sensation of discomfort after a few hours of taking it, and anticipate your pee to have a pungent-steroid like fragrance. Also don't make an effort to use it for years since it pressures the liver organ. You couldn't get Modafinil?
+Quote Post
Dangelo
post Apr 14, 2016, 04:05 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 38161

These people who are unable to go and get a prescription can still buy roxycodone online. A very small number of people go through this path because they donít trust online shopping.The reality is that online shopping is real and it has become really safe in the recent years. You can now easily get roxycodone online. The question that still remains is the prescription. Another benefit of buy medications online is that you buy roxycodone online without prescription. You will just need to pay for your order and after that it will be shipped to your doorstep within no time.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th November 2017 - 09:42 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles