Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is Piracetam made from?
Goddess
post Aug 23, 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32325

Hello, I am new to this forum and I have not found the answer I am looking for yet regarding Piracetam.

Does any one know what Piracetam is made from?

How can you tell that the bottle of Piracetam capsules is really what it says it is?

I am interested in trying Piracetam because I have heard that this supplement can help cognitive abilities and users have said that they think clearer with it.

Is it possible to overdose on Piracetam? What about interactions with other supplements or medications?
thank you
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhymer
post Aug 24, 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 385

Use google or any search engine and search for piracetam!!

Wikipaedia quote for all racetam types:-

Piracetam - Water-soluble racetam; The first of the racetams to be discovered (in the mid-1960s)
Oxiracetam - Water-soluble racetam (2 to 4 times more potent than Piracetam)
Aniracetam - Fat-soluble racetam (4 to 8 times more potent than Piracetam)
Pramiracetam - Fat-soluble racetam (8 to 30 times more potent than Piracetam)
Phenylpiracetam (Carphedon) - Fat-soluble racetam
Etiracetam
Levetiracetam - anticonvulsant medication used to treat epilepsy. It is the S- enantiomer of etiracetam.
Nefiracetam - an antidepressant (M1 acetylcholine receptor agonist)
Nicoracetam - racetam structure bonded to niacin.
Rolziracetam
Nebracetam
Fasoracetam
Imuracetam
Coluracetam - may have potential use in prevention and treatment of ischemic retinopathy and retinal and optic nerve injury
Dimiracetam - currently being studied in the treatment of neuropathic pain.
Brivaracetam - anticonvulsant properties
Seletracetam - anticonvulsant, not expected to be nootropic
Rolipram - anti-inflammatory, antipsychotic and antidepressant drug that improves long term memory, increases wakefulness and neuroprotection (in rats).
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Sep 29, 2009, 06:16 AM
Post #3

Demi-God

Member No.: 5683

QUOTE(Goddess @ Aug 24, 2009, 12:02 AM) *

Hello, I am new to this forum and I have not found the answer I am looking for yet regarding Piracetam.

How can you tell that the bottle of Piracetam capsules is really what it says it is?

I am interested in trying Piracetam because I have heard that this supplement can help cognitive abilities and users have said that they think clearer with it.

Is it possible to overdose on Piracetam? What about interactions with other supplements or medications?
thank you

Piracetam is a derivative of the amino acid GABA.
+Quote Post
Goddess
post Oct 05, 2009, 10:43 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 32325

QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Sep 29, 2009, 07:16 AM) *

thank you

Thanks GodConsciousness
I have not been able to buy Piracetam in my area, so I have been on NooRacetam for about 3 weeks. I take two 800mg capsules at night, it helps me sleep, but it makes me sleepy during the day also

+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Oct 06, 2009, 06:11 AM
Post #5

Demi-God

Member No.: 5683

QUOTE(Goddess @ Oct 05, 2009, 02:43 PM) *

QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Sep 29, 2009, 07:16 AM) *

thank you

Thanks GodConsciousness
I have not been able to buy Piracetam in my area, so I have been on NooRacetam for about 3 weeks. I take two 800mg capsules at night, it helps me sleep, but it makes me sleepy during the day also

Its not generally recommended to take most nootropics late at night unless you are seeking lucid dreams. Usually the morning and afternoon are better.
+Quote Post
ofmelancholy788
post Apr 10, 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 32677

Gaba doesn't cross blood brain barrier how does derivate of it do that when as a nootropic needs to do that very effectively?
+Quote Post
post Apr 04, 2011, 07:36 AM
Post #7

Unregistered

So how does one go about making Piracetam?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Apr 04, 2011, 04:47 PM
Post #8

God

Member No.: 5877

QUOTE(Guest @ Apr 04, 2011, 08:36 AM) *

So how does one go about making Piracetam?

You don't. You buy it in a store unless you have at least an undergraduate degree in chemistry. If you feel you must synthesize it yourself, you will have to read through a bunch of old boring chemistry papers and teach yourself a lot about synthesis.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Apr 04, 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #9

God

Member No.: 5877

QUOTE(ofmelhttp://cerebralhealth.com/ancholy788 @ Apr 10, 2010, 02:18 PM) *

Gaba doesn't cross blood brain barrier how does derivate of it do that when as a nootropic needs to do that very effectively?

Not necessarily. Most compounds in your body do not work in such a direct fashion. Glutamine is a metabolite of GABA and does make it to the brain. Glutamine is a GABA precursor. Were GABA able to cross, it wouldn't be a very effective neurotransmitter now would it? The body is very complex and highly regulated. Very little is actually understood.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...d0&searchtype=a

Looks to me like piracetam can make some internal H bonds, which would help it to become more fat soluble and thus cross more readily.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Apr 05, 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #10

God

Member No.: 25755

Piracetam is made from the combination of adonis DNA and tigers blood. Since both run through my body naturally, piracetam has no effect on me
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Apr 05, 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #11

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(Phi @ Apr 06, 2011, 04:06 AM) *

Piracetam is made from the combination of adonis DNA and tigers blood. Since both run through my body naturally, piracetam has no effect on me

Thats why it only has a mild effect on me. I do lack from any tiger blood on my system. Im all about adonis DNA unfortunately.
+Quote Post
alisha99
post Jul 31, 2012, 01:35 AM
Post #12

Aspiring

Member No.: 34366

Piracetam is a nootropic drug. Piracetam derived from gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and it works to improve the levels of acetylcholine. Piracetam used for dementia and improve concentration.
+Quote Post
Stop.HammerTime
post Jan 26, 2016, 02:12 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 37759

QUOTE(alisha99 @ Jul 31, 2012, 01:35 AM) *

Piracetam is a nootropic drug. Piracetam derived from gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and it works to improve the levels of acetylcholine. Piracetam used for dementia and improve concentration.

My experience is 100% my own, and substantiated by 0% scientific fact, but I have really enjoyed my time with piracetam. At this point, I honestly don't care if it's a placebo effect; it's helped me do everything from finish my book, to host seminars, to find a qualified personal injury lawyer in the past 6 months. Honestly.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 06:53 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles