Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VALDOXAN (Agomelatine), Novel MELATONERGIC Antidepressant
Kazan
post Jul 24, 2009, 05:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32229

As information for all I add that Servier Laboratories (of Survector and Stablon) is starting to market a new antidepressant named Valdoxan® (Agomelatine).

As I understand it just came out in Britain. This is a very novel antidepressant. It is not and SSRI’s, it is Melatonergic in action, it increases (agonist) the activity of the receptors for Melatonin at M1 and M2 and decreases (antagonist) the activity of the receptor for Serotonin 5HT2c.

Novartis obtained the license to market it in the U.S. and has submitted it to the FDA where, I believe, it lingers until their patent on their own antidepressant (SSRI) expires.

Since it is from Servier, the innovator with Survector® and Stablon® there is hope that it may also be very effective in enigmatic ways, but that remain to be seen. However, if it is effective and tolerable it may be a “run of the mill” antidepressant and NOT have neuroenhancing or activating properties as Stablon®.

I've been researching this antidepressant for years online and feel convinced that it must be totally different in its effect by its novel mode of action, but an actual trial use is the only final determiner for each individual. It is claimed to have few side-effects, as is the case with Stablon®, which would make its tolerability exceptional.

I haven’t being able to locate a source at all yet, so would appreciate knowing if someone has.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright © BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles