Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Caffeine Review
Tone
post Jul 11, 2009, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 4916

This is my review for Jet Alert Brand 100 mg caffeine pills and caffeine in general

well, it doesnt so much help a person with chronic fatigue. even after i take the caffeine i still lie down on bed feeling miserable. it takes 4 pills space out to just begin getting a mild effect and this mild effect is not enough to make me get anything done or fight depression. sometimes i go to sleep in a weak state on caffeine pills just as i do off them, when theres no insomnia. it wears off completely in 2 hours, there doesnt appear to be much of a withdrawal syndrome even after long use, no headaches. The caffeine does not raise my heart rate.

Overall i would have to say the only over the counter stimulant is not a very helpful one at all. For people like me this is bad news, since we are stuck in bed almost all of the time and everything doctors gives us is a fail.

Overall, Caffeine gets a fail in my book, too weak, too ineffective, even when multiple pills per day are taken. I have yet to find anything that truly increases energy and is feasible. Stablon is just too weak and expensive, even at tons of pills per day. I dont know what to say to people who say they get a benefit out of things 100s of times weaker than opioids, stablon and 500 mg caffeine, such as piracetam - i just dont understand you and what you are experiencing. all these things, including caffeine, are weak fails that cant even get a person out of bed
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rick
post Jul 11, 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

I get a bit of a rush from 100 mg caffeine plus 30 mg pseudoephedrine (pseudafed). The two together seem to have a synergistic effect neither alone has. I never take more than 100 mg caffeine at a time because it makes me too edgy if I do.

Some people say that caffeine should be taken in the form of tea, which also has compounds to take the edge off. But it takes me two cups of tea to get the same stimulation I get from a strong cup of coffee.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jul 11, 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #3

God

Member No.: 25755

I combine yerba mate(a blend that I found in a grocery store that also contains cocoa) with 500mg of yohimbe before work. It seems to put me in the mood for at least a couple hours, and by then I'm used to what I'm doing anyway.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Jul 11, 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #4

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

ill tell you one thing, caffeine really is safe once you are used to it. its not safe if you never use it then take it in more than a low dose. non-habit forming printed on the bottle may be accurate to an extent, when i dont take it im simply in a caffeine free state, rather than a withdrawal-state. but like i said its not very effective for chronic fatigue, its probably a synergy drug you have to use with other things
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jul 11, 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #5

God

yeah, it usually works well when combined with most stimulants
+Quote Post
dividedbyzero
post Oct 08, 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 32389

I don't know if I agree with caffeine being claimed as non-habit forming. The withdrawal is enough to keep many users from quitting.

200 to 300mg a day seems to keep me satisfied, but any more and my heart starts beating faster..

I am curious of caffeine's effects when compared to modafinil. Can anyone shed some light on this?
+Quote Post
Phi
post Oct 10, 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #7

God

from what i can tell, moda is like a pseudo stimulant. people tend to relate it to a long lasting cup of coffee. as adrafinil seems less efficient imo, moda seems to fit that bill the best. caffeine with moda has reported overstimulation with some, and perfect combos with others. i duno from personal exp, but trying the lowest dose optimal dose then maybe adding synergism if its not enough always seems to b the right answer.
as with all stimulating substances, u risk edginess; so take it easy and use it sparingly as nothing is a permanent substitue
+Quote Post
x_danny_x
post Oct 10, 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #8

Aspiring

Member No.: 32212

i never got anything from Caffeine. no matter what it is said to do succh as keep you awake at night, more energy, etc.

the only good thing out of it is that i like drinking Coffee that comes with it.
+Quote Post
Mr Bananas
post Oct 11, 2009, 01:21 PM
Post #9

Awakening

Member No.: 15960

I took 50mg caffeine daily for a month this spring and i still cant take it, i tried this week for two days, 50mg in one dose each day and i got a hangover! Its a piece of crap, it didnt even help me as i wanted, it went all down the drain.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Oct 11, 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #10

God

funny story:
i wanted to try caffeine in high school as a study aid while i went out too much and had bad habits. We crushed up some magnum pills, and we'd snort them as if we were doing line of coke...and we were supposed to get a kick out of it if somebody thought we were actually doing coke. Anyway, it lasted for about a couple days being efficient, then it became worthless...and i realized that im an idiot
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Oct 12, 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #11

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Phi @ Oct 11, 2009, 03:16 PM) *

funny story:
i wanted to try caffeine in high school as a study aid while i went out too much and had bad habits. We crushed up some magnum pills, and we'd snort them as if we were doing line of coke...and we were supposed to get a kick out of it if somebody thought we were actually doing coke. Anyway, it lasted for about a couple days being efficient, then it became worthless...and i realized that im an idiot

Hmm! I could have told you that! You're still in high school right?
+Quote Post
Phi
post Oct 12, 2009, 09:52 AM
Post #12

God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Oct 12, 2009, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Phi @ Oct 11, 2009, 03:16 PM) *

funny story:

Hmm! I could have told you that! You're still in high school right?

im a high school away from high school...but its funnier each moment we age
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 01:45 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles