BrainMeta'                 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What do you guys know about L-Phenylalaline?
XR500Final
post May 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 21903

I picked some up for boosting purposes to increase noepinephrine - however it seems to have a cognitive boosting function mentioned in its literature...

I am not sure about it as it is also makes up 50% of Aspartame which is a known excitotoxin..

Your guys thoughts on it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post May 22, 2009, 03:29 AM
Post #2

Demi-God

Member No.: 5683

Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid and precursor to Phenylethylamine (PEA). Phenylalanine also increases the release of norepinephrine and dopamine. It appears that Phenylalanine can also help with learning and memory.

I am just now releasing a new product with Phenylalanine in it called "Neurotine". I have been taking a close look at protein synthesis in the brain and the role of various amino acids and Neurotine is an outgrowth of those efforts. Several key amino acids have a significant impact on neurotransmitter production and regulation, immune system response, and protein biosynthesis to help repair and build neurons.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 22, 2009, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

QUOTE(XR500Final @ May 21, 2009, 10:28 PM) *
I picked some up for boosting purposes to increase noepinephrine - however it seems to have a cognitive boosting function mentioned in its literature...

I am not sure about it as it is also makes up 50% of Aspartame which is a known excitotoxin..

Advertisements aside.

I don't see much benefit of it for cognition purposes more so with mood. What aspect of cognition did you want to effect?
+Quote Post
astroidea
post May 22, 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Aspiring

Member No.: 22853

Doesn't dopamine in itself benefit cognitive function, as well as learning and memory? Hence adderall shares much of its effects with phenylalanine.
I've taken L-phenylalanine, Tyrosine, and L-dopa, amphetamine, and methylphenidate.

The former three feels very similar. They do improve mood, makes me feel more alive, but not in a stimulated caffeine/amphetamine way. I find that they help the most when I'm cramming for an exam and I'm pumped up. It really supplies for the building blocks of the dopamine and norepinephrine, that is triggered while pumped up. This actually boosts it so much that it actually feels similar to amphetamine, especially when food is taken to boost serotonin and energy stores.

My next buy is going to be phenylalanine after I finish my L-dopa, it's so much cheaper too.

+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 22, 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #5

Aspiring

Actually I am interested in a combination of L-Arginine Pyroglutamate (which crosses the DMSO barrier) in combination with L-Phenylaliline (which converts to L-Tyrosine)

Apparently there is a study that L-Arginine with Tyrosine will greatly increase releases of HGH and speed healing and recovery..

+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 22, 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Aspiring

This is based on research into increasing HGH release an interesting document found here :

http://www.futurescience.com/hgh.html

+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post May 23, 2009, 05:19 AM
Post #7

Demi-God

HGH, NGF, and BDNF all appear to be modulated in part by amino acids and critical to the neurochemistry of the mind.
+Quote Post
GoodFellas
post May 25, 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 32118

Should I use this for my exam? I have a bottle of 750mg's L-Phenylalaline at home. I've heard that it might be dangerous, but I don't know.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 25, 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #9

Demi-God

QUOTE(astroidea @ May 22, 2009, 07:28 PM) *
Doesn't dopamine in itself benefit cognitive function, as well as learning and memory? Hence adderall shares much of its effects with phenylalanine.
I've taken L-phenylalanine, Tyrosine, and L-dopa, amphetamine, and methylphenidate.

The former three feels very similar. They do improve mood, makes me feel more alive, but not in a stimulated caffeine/amphetamine way. I find that they help the most when I'm cramming for an exam and I'm pumped up. It really supplies for the building blocks of the dopamine and norepinephrine, that is triggered while pumped up. This actually boosts it so much that it actually feels similar to amphetamine, especially when food is taken to boost serotonin and energy stores.

My next buy is going to be phenylalanine after I finish my L-dopa, it's so much cheaper too.

Dopamine does play a role in cognition (more so with focus and motivation than memory) and especially mood but L-Phenylalanine is not a potent precursor to Dopamine, L-DOPA or L-tyrosine would be more direct and effective routes. You may be feeling the effects of PEA from L-Phenylalanine to a degree which amphetamines also increase. Although constant use of L-phenylalanine over time should significantly raise dopamine levels.

QUOTE(GoodFellas @ May 25, 2009, 02:20 PM) *
Should I use this for my exam? I have a bottle of 750mg's L-Phenylalaline at home. I've heard that it might be dangerous, but I don't know.

If you have a metabolic disorder it would be dangerous, however you would know by now if you had it. While it's not my top suggestion for such effects it may be of some benefit.
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post May 26, 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #10

Aspiring

I am still concerned about the safety of this product, as there are tons of horror stories related to Aspartame, and it is 50% Phenylalaline...

Is it the aspartic acid, the methonal, or the Phenylalaline that makes it an excito-toxin?
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post May 27, 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #11

Demi-God

QUOTE(XR500Final @ May 26, 2009, 09:53 PM) *

I am still concerned about the safety of this product, as there are tons of horror stories related to Aspartame, and it is 50% Phenylalaline...

Is it the aspartic acid, the methonal, or the Phenylalaline that makes it an excito-toxin?

Phenylalanine is found in breast milk and considered quite safe. Aspartame, as you mention, contains aspartic acid and methanol. The aspartic acid can cause issues especially in those with various neurodegenerative conditions. Aspartic acid can be an excititory amino acid in a negative way (this is also why people with neurodegerative conditions such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease should avoid excessive levels of glutamate). And presumably the methanol in aspartame is not helping matters.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post May 27, 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #12

Demi-God

QUOTE(XR500Final @ May 26, 2009, 08:53 PM) *

I would suggest focusing your research efforts on L-phenylalanine rather than a synthetic compound that happens to contain it.

Horror stories are not scientifically based.
+Quote Post
sunshinefrost
post Jun 08, 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 5354

hey
the horror storries probably come from people with phenylkenoturia... read on this condition. people who have this will be victims of excitotoxins from the aspartame.... that's what i understood.

pea really works... i used it without knowing because i took pay attention from smart nutrition.... i use to take get smart and i never had the same feeling... pay attention is much stronger and the biggest difference is the phenyl stuff.

it works but i found out... with 30 hours of research on the web that it's almost like amphetamines. For me amphetamines are the BAD NEWS. so you see ? of course the stuff works.. there is speed in it !!!!

i know that i will be critisized for not putting any reszearch links and by not proving my point. but i tried it and i felt superhuman on this.... it felt like a drug. i scored 3 goals in my hockey game that night and i was very very very calm... i was like in alpha mode or something.

i personaly don't recommend it even if it's a mild drug...

if your goal is to be 200% productive for only 1 day ... like a REALLY important test then you can do it, you won't feel the harm if you use it once.

i don't think it should be advertized as a nootropic if it doesn't protect/improve your neurons
+Quote Post
sunshinefrost
post Jun 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #14

what's the difference between PEA and phenylalanine ? one is converted into the other ? The PAY ATTENTION formula (smartnutrition) felt like a drug... too bad, i was really "in the zone" when i tried it. what i want to know is if i teke phenylalanine; will i get the pea (amphetamine) feeling ?

for some reason, on their website(smart-nutrition.net/brain. 8tml): Phenylethylamine is blacked out.... you can't click on the product to see reviews or details about the stuff. wierd !
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Jun 17, 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #15

Demi-God

phenylalanine is converted to phenylethylamine (PEA)
+Quote Post
sunshinefrost
post Jun 17, 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #16

thanks.

am i right when i say that pea feels like amphetamine but in a smoother kind of way ?
Isn't pea dangerous ?
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Jun 20, 2009, 04:16 AM
Post #17

Demi-God

amphetamine is a phenylethylamine- α-methylphenethylamine
+Quote Post
Phi
post Jun 20, 2009, 04:33 AM
Post #18

God

Member No.: 25755

Pea can be dangerous yes
+Quote Post
sunshinefrost
post Jun 23, 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #19

thanks for all the info.

+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jul 03, 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #20

Demi-God

QUOTE(sunshinefrost @ Jun 08, 2009, 04:57 PM) *
hey
the horror storries probably come from people with phenylkenoturia... read on this condition. people who have this will be victims of excitotoxins from the aspartame.... that's what i understood.

pea really works... i used it without knowing because i took pay attention from smart nutrition.... i use to take get smart and i never had the same feeling... pay attention is much stronger and the biggest difference is the phenyl stuff.

it works but i found out... with 30 hours of research on the web that it's almost like amphetamines. For me amphetamines are the BAD NEWS. so you see ? of course the stuff works.. there is speed in it !!!!

i know that i will be critisized for not putting any reszearch links and by not proving my point. but i tried it and i felt superhuman on this.... it felt like a drug. i scored 3 goals in my hockey game that night and i was very very very calm... i was like in alpha mode or something.

i personaly don't recommend it even if it's a mild drug...

if your goal is to be 200% productive for only 1 day ... like a REALLY important test then you can do it, you won't feel the harm if you use it once.

i don't think it should be advertized as a nootropic if it doesn't protect/improve your neurons

Amphetamine while chemically related to phenylethylamine they have very different effects.
Phenylethylamine is an important brain chemical needed for proper brain functioning and deficiencies are common in ADHD and depression to name a few conditions.
With most compounds the dose will yield the result and it would appear you may have used more than your receptors would process.

QUOTE(sunshinefrost @ Jun 17, 2009, 02:25 PM) *
what's the difference between PEA and phenylalanine ? one is converted into the other ? The PAY ATTENTION formula (smartnutrition) felt like a drug... too bad, i was really "in the zone" when i tried it. what i want to know is if i teke phenylalanine; will i get the pea (amphetamine) feeling ?

for some reason, on their website(smart-nutrition.net/brain. 8tml): Phenylethylamine is blacked out.... you can't click on the product to see reviews or details about the stuff. wierd !

L-phenylalanine is a direct precursor to phenyethylamine. Pyridoxine is used by decarboxylase to remove the carboxy group from L-phenylalanine to release the phenylethylamine molecule.

QUOTE(sunshinefrost @ Jun 17, 2009, 03:03 PM) *
thanks.

am i right when i say that pea feels like amphetamine but in a smoother kind of way ?
Isn't pea dangerous ?

If you're looking for an amphetamine effect I would not suggest using phenylethylamine. It can certainly produce negative side effects when abused or taken by those on various medications or health conditions.
+Quote Post
nito
post Jul 04, 2009, 11:27 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 31712

Lifemirage can you take L-tyrosine while you're taking st johns wort and bacopa?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jul 05, 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #22

Demi-God

QUOTE(nito @ Jul 05, 2009, 02:27 AM) *
Lifemirage can you take L-tyrosine while you're taking st johns wort and bacopa?

Provided you are on no other medications I do not see any direct interaction, although it may bolster some of the effects of St John's wort.
+Quote Post
nito
post Jul 05, 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Jul 05, 2009, 02:44 AM) *

Provided you are on no other medications I do not see any direct interaction, although it may bolster some of the effects of St John's wort.

Hopefully it won't bolster any negative side effects but only support the positive mood enhancement.
I also hear tyrosine can play part in skin pigmentation, i hope it doesen't darken me or something.
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Jul 06, 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #24

Demi-God

QUOTE(nito @ Jul 05, 2009, 08:56 PM) *
QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Jul 05, 2009, 02:44 AM) *

Hopefully it won't bolster any negative side effects but only support the positive mood enhancement.
I also hear tyrosine can play part in skin pigmentation, i hope it doesen't darken me or something.

L-tryosine is a precursor for melanin which can effect your skin color.

If you avoid tanning and use sunscreen it should help prevent discoloration.
+Quote Post
nito
post Jul 07, 2009, 12:10 PM
Post #25

good lord! I cut open a st johns wort pill and swallowed it with water. Felt nauseated all morning and sick lol.
+Quote Post
mustang
post Mar 23, 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 34118

QUOTE(XR500Final @ May 21, 2009, 07:28 PM) *

Aspar... also has wood alcohol which makes a formelgahyde that the body does not metabolize. If you are craving a drink after this it is because the body "thinks" the new alcolohs formelgahyde will help rid itself of the buildup. But it does not.

Also it is a bad excitotoxin. Which causes alot of problems in itself.
Many people also get allergic reactions to the hydrolyzed form of aspartate protein in it, and enhances other more benign allergies. Red swollen eye lids, itching burning stinging type of rashes on the neck. etc..

And there is the L-Phenylalaline in it. Well some people can not tolerate that either. So I would not use that product even if it was free.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 04:41 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog