Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sunlight, Are you getting enough?
correlli
post May 13, 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 32044

I recently changed my job from inside to outside work. I gotta say, the change in mood has been quite dramatic. I knew lack of sunlight can affect mood and sleep patterns, but having experienced it first hand has been remarkable. I am now getting about 10 hours of full sunlight exposure, where as before, I was getting less than an hour.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
correlli
post Jun 06, 2009, 03:08 AM
Post #2

Aspiring

Member No.: 32044

Yep, I'm convinced that working inside, and even worse, working at night is total bollocks. This 24/7 culture can not last. I guess if you have work indoors, you would need a way of getting as much natural light into your work area as possible. Do they make glass roofs?
+Quote Post
georgeavazzy
post Jun 15, 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 32199

QUOTE(correlli @ Jun 06, 2009, 06:08 AM) *

Yep, I'm convinced that working inside, and even worse, working at night is total bollocks. This 24/7 culture can not last. I guess if you have work indoors, you would need a way of getting as much natural light into your work area as possible. Do they make glass roofs?

Very lucky! I only have a single 1 hour break during peak daylight to go outside, and usually I'm eating in the cafeteria during that time. And during the winter it's much worse. All of that clothing blocks what little sun there is!

And where I work there are 3 huge windows, but they're blocked by a thick curtain!
+Quote Post
rooshidavid
post Apr 23, 2010, 10:14 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 32719

The change is obvious. It is good to work out. This will really benefit you. I will suggest you to use a good quality to sunburn cream or other natural cosmetics product for your skin. This will widely effect your health and may reduce your statics. This effect your skin tone and tiredness will increase. So i suggest you to do meditation for your keeping cool, relax and concentrated mind.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post Apr 24, 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #5

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

As a night shift worker i have to eat enough fish, use vit. supplements (D3 specially) and bright lights at home and at work in order to regulate my sleep patterns.
Now the day light seems to bright to me and i cant stand it, makes me feel anxious. I think that after 6 years something its upregulated in my mind. Im not saying its healthy at all but ive been using ligth as a nootropic for a while now.
+Quote Post
NeuroscienceBro
post Apr 30, 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 32731

QUOTE(Jakare @ Apr 24, 2010, 01:06 PM) *

As a night shift worker i have to eat enough fish, use vit. supplements (D3 specially) and bright lights at home and at work in order to regulate my sleep patterns.
Now the day light seems to bright to me and i cant stand it, makes me feel anxious. I think that after 6 years something its upregulated in my mind. Im not saying its healthy at all but ive been using ligth as a nootropic for a while now.

I think the anxiety your experiencing should subside relatively soon.It's probably just a result of the drastic change you've made to a sleep schedule your body has reluctantly gotten used to.Youre only going to continually feel the benefits of a schedule in which you were naturally supposed to follow.Nice work with the supps and bright light though.
+Quote Post
Jakare
post May 01, 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #7

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

QUOTE(NeuroscienceBro @ May 01, 2010, 07:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Jakare @ Apr 24, 2010, 01:06 PM) *

I think the anxiety your experiencing should subside relatively soon.It's probably just a result of the drastic change you've made to a sleep schedule your body has reluctantly gotten used to.Youre only going to continually feel the benefits of a schedule in which you were naturally supposed to follow.Nice work with the supps and bright light though.

Ive been working nights for 6 years now, my anxiety happens every time i have to go out in a full brigth day, which is quite bright considering i live in Spain. Im making the assumption i have had upregulated something to keep my brain at high energy levels along the nights. Thats why i do feel an energy overdose with sunlight, because my brain cant manage the extra source of energy and get kind of anxious.
I just want to point im quite sensitive to stimulants so i dont drink coffee nearly and even red tea its sometimes too much. Green tea rules.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 05:18 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog