BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My first experience of CES, should I have gotten so anxious?
Indigo Sky
post Apr 12, 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 26655

Today I tried using the cranio-electrical stimulation function on my David Paradise XL+ for the first time. I got the unit with this particular function because I suffer from ME/chronic fatigue and I had read somewhere that this might help me to feel less mentally foggy. I'd also heard that CES was supposed to be good for general relaxation. So why should I have been so anxious? I only had the current on really low. It was like I was on red alert: any time I felt any kind of sensation my hand would be on the cable ready to yank it and I turned the current down even lower a couple of times. All the literature regarding this procedure tells you how relaxing it's supposed to be, so why should I be the one having a totally contrary reaction? Has this been documented anywhere, or could it be I'm just extra specially on edge because of the novelty, and I'm naturally a very nervous person? I wonder if I keep trying this I'll eventually respond to the relaxing stimulus.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hlming
post Apr 21, 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 32714

Can you give me a paper to learn about CES?Thank you.
+Quote Post
IamThat
post Apr 23, 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 32708

QUOTE(Indigo Sky @ Apr 12, 2009, 10:36 PM) *

Today I tried using the cranio-electrical stimulation function on my David Paradise XL+ for the first time. I got the unit with this particular function because I suffer from ME/chronic fatigue and I had read somewhere that this might help me to feel less mentally foggy. I'd also heard that CES was supposed to be good for general relaxation. So why should I have been so anxious? I only had the current on really low. It was like I was on red alert: any time I felt any kind of sensation my hand would be on the cable ready to yank it and I turned the current down even lower a couple of times. All the literature regarding this procedure tells you how relaxing it's supposed to be, so why should I be the one having a totally contrary reaction? Has this been documented anywhere, or could it be I'm just extra specially on edge because of the novelty, and I'm naturally a very nervous person? I wonder if I keep trying this I'll eventually respond to the relaxing stimulus.

It might be worth looking into Neurofeedback, also known as EEG biofeedback for your symptoms.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 01:33 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles