BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Believe or Not, you'll still eat the Goodies !
catseye
post Apr 10, 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 31959

Twice a year or so, I share new recipes to the good folks around me. I create them myself and try to make them as simple as delicious. hope you enjoy ! And Happy Easter !

White Easter Cake

- 1 package of any variety of WHITE cake mix.
- 2 oz Drambui Liquor
- 1 1/2 cup plain honey
- 1 small bag of walnuts
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Powdered sugar

Step 1:

- 1 package of any variety of WHITE cake mix. (I prefer Duncan Hines.)

But instead of using all water divide the measurement to 1 cup milk and then ¼ cup water. Mix as directed and bake according to instructions for a Angel food tube pan.

** Remember, when baking a cake in an angel tube pan, directly after removing from the oven, turn the pan upsidedown and balance the center tube on an upsidedown drinking glass and let cool completely before removing from pan. For those who are new to this… No, it won’t fall out unless you accidentally greased the pan. This prevents the cake from falling and becoming dense, these pans are designed to make the cake high, fluffy and absorbent. Remove the cake by sliding a knife slowly around the sides, then grab the tube and pull out, slice slowly again around bottom and gently lift cake out of the tube.

Step 2:

You can prepare this ahead of time or directly before serving, just remember to heat up the sauce before serving if made ahead of time.

In small sauce pan warm up the honey but do not simmer or boil, but just so it has some slight bubbling, my range is set at 3. Add cinnamon and let infuse while stirring, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in liquor and let infuse for about 1 minute, add nuts and stir again for about 1 minute.

Slice cake with serrated knife. Drizzle about 2 to 3 tbls of warm honey nut-sauce over each cake slice, and place some extra walnuts on top.
Sprinkle generously with powered sugar or whip cream and serve.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:22 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles