BrainMeta'   Connectomics'  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Working Out, what suppliments to take to do what!
orangesand
post May 15, 2011, 03:48 AM
Post #31

Unregistered

"Women are less capable of resisting temptation than men", do you think that is true all round, or do you mean that some specific fashion? I was talking about in chocolate, their is phenethylamine (PEA), which shows affinity for dopamine(DA)/ noradrenaline(NA) receptors, (PEA) is a releasing agent for (DA and NA) , which acts (PEA) as a stimulantish and feelgood drug in women. For reasons I believe that are not entirely clarified women like this (PEA) rush more than men.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 15, 2011, 03:50 AM
Post #32

Unregistered

"pomegranate on gene expression" , okay sounds interesting.
+Quote Post
Flex
post May 15, 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #33

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5877

QUOTE(orangesand @ May 15, 2011, 04:48 AM) *

"Women are less capable of resisting temptation than men", do you think that is true all round, or do you mean that some specific fashion? I was talking about in chocolate, their is phenethylamine (PEA), which shows affinity for dopamine(DA)/ noradrenaline(NA) receptors, (PEA) is a releasing agent for (DA and NA) , which acts (PEA) as a stimulantish and feelgood drug in women. For reasons I believe that are not entirely clarified women like this (PEA) rush more than men.

From what I have read, it applies not only to chocolate, but across the board food wise. Women and men have similar propensities to become addicted to sugar; however, women are less able to resist the temptation. It is most likely an effect of fluctuating estrogen levels. The amount of PEA from chocolate is really pretty negligible despite the popularity in mainstream press. This is sort of analogous to claims of chocolates antioxidant powers, in relation to ORAC scores, when in reality this is probably not the case at all. The antioxidant qualities are most likely not from the chocolate polyphenols themselves (which only last for minutes at best in the body) but from up regulating endogenous antioxidant enzyme biosynthesis.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/81/1/277S.short
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #34

Unregistered

Women's periods, need glucose/insulin to be well regulated to be able to work additively with estrogen to allow for the possibility of reproduction(simplistically speaking). Though the consumption of carbohydrates often appears to have a causalish relationship with 5HTP, 5HT levels. I was reading something about people who supplement with 5HTP and it was noted that the participants consumed around 75% less carbs without trying to, leading to an assumption that carbohydrates are used principally for 5HT production. It also showed that something like twice as much 5HIAA(5HT's active metabolite) was recovered in the urine.
5HT=5-hydroxytryptamine/Serotonin ,5THP=5-Hydroxytryptophan 5HIAA=5-Hydroxyindoleacetic acid.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18209781( semi on topic)

Chocolate seems to do something to X amount of women, PEA metabolism depends on MAO(Monoamine oxidases) A and B type and other systems. MAO inhibitors increase PEA's effect. As most people do not take a commercial/synthetic MOAI PEA gets broken down rapidly by MAO-B. There may be enkalphins/opioid induction,/ release. Chocolate or something similar that is craved/desired, it may be that happy effects are do to the person's anticipatory excitement which may cause the release of X chemicals.
+Quote Post
Yoder
post Sep 13, 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #35

Aspiring

Member No.: 31895

QUOTE(Flex @ Mar 24, 2011, 08:29 AM) *

If you want to get into some cool stuff smile.gif recent NADH research, a lot of which is soon to be published out of UCLA, has strongly suggested its efficacy as an ergogenic aid. In the future, it may even be added to the WADA list (which is pretty BS as it isn't a particularly dangerous compound. This will also aid as a nootropic. Other "nootropics" will also give you an immense workout aid. Galantamine in particular works well for me. Anything boosting acetylcholine levels should help do the job, since ACh is vital to muscle firing. L-DOPA works for sure smile.gif Deprenyl will definitely get the job done, but is sort of risky, so don't take more than 1mg and NEVER take it with L-DOPA or galantamine.

Hey Flex -
What interactions may occur with Deprenyl and Galantamine?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 13, 2011, 12:21 PM
Post #36

God

Member No.: 5877

Best to get your MAOi from the old fashion sources: herbs and spices. They are not as gnarly as pharmaceutical preparations, and you do not have to worry about killing yourself!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_inhibitor

Galantamine will not only effect acetylcholine, since it is a very stimulating substance. Once the locomotion begins, so too does the release of other neurotransmitters! Hence my comment on the use of nootropics as ergogenics.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/ylm2xhwlmpnbervg/

Galantamine itself is also a MAO inhibitor of a different nature:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19025057

I can tell you from experience, deprenyl is some dangerous stuff. I have nearly killed myself on multiple occasions. Seriously. For instance, having experimented with the combination of weed and deprenyl (which btw is works wonders to help you quit) I knew the two could be combined without too much concern. One night I was passed a blunt, and took a few hits. 5 min later I couldn't breath or stop shaking. The muscles in my legs completely locked in a flex state.

BTW even just in combination with weed, it can become difficult to breath for me. I believe it is due to the fact that I am already allergic to the stuff, but in combination my bodies response becomes enhanced and closes my throat. Can still breath through my nose fine however.

Basically if you are going to take the stuff, don't take ANYTHING else, and do not take very much. Better to be safe than sorry. Also important to check blood pressure regularly.
+Quote Post
Yoder
post Sep 13, 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #37

Aspiring

Member No.: 31895

QUOTE(Flex @ Sep 13, 2011, 12:21 PM) *

Best to get your MAOi from the old fashion sources: herbs and spices. They are not as gnarly as pharmaceutical preparations, and you do not have to worry about killing yourself!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_inhibitor

Galantamine will not only effect acetylcholine, since it is a very stimulating substance. Once the locomotion begins, so too does the release of other neurotransmitters! Hence my comment on the use of nootropics as ergogenics.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/ylm2xhwlmpnbervg/

Galantamine itself is also a MAO inhibitor of a different nature:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19025057

I can tell you from experience, deprenyl is some dangerous stuff. I have nearly killed myself on multiple occasions. Seriously. For instance, having experimented with the combination of weed and deprenyl (which btw is works wonders to help you quit) I knew the two could be combined without too much concern. One night I was passed a blunt, and took a few hits. 5 min later I couldn't breath or stop shaking. The muscles in my legs completely locked in a flex state.

BTW even just in combination with weed, it can become difficult to breath for me. I believe it is due to the fact that I am already allergic to the stuff, but in combination my bodies response becomes enhanced and closes my throat. Can still breath through my nose fine however.

Basically if you are going to take the stuff, don't take ANYTHING else, and do not take very much. Better to be safe than sorry. Also important to check blood pressure regularly.

OK, I think I'm convinced not to take it smile.gif
+Quote Post
kennyS
post Feb 29, 2016, 02:04 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 38100

I am using mostly BCAA's and Protein shakes, rarely Arginine for running and feel completely happy about that, did also try testosterone course, all together it worked great!
+Quote Post
yankee
post Apr 03, 2016, 10:17 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 38139

One of my friend suggested me Calisthenics. It is the fastest way to use weight. Simultaneously you should take some weight loss pills or drops. Else it will be very difficult to lose weight.
+Quote Post
Brain.Booster
post Nov 03, 2017, 08:47 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 39330

Really strongly agree with Flex, stay away from pharmaceuticals as much as you can. I just like caffeine as a preworkout, whey and creatine. Although I'm no Schwarzenegger, so maybe I'd get a little further with some drugs!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2017 - 09:25 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles