Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SLEEP! (correct frum?)
dream
post Feb 07, 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 31702

Man this is getting rediculus! I have been having one heck of a time getting to and staying asleep! I dont want to take Rx meds and lately the only thing working for me is benadryl, which is horrible!

Heres what I have been taking:
Melatonin 1-3 mg
Valerian Root 1g
Calms Forte 3 pill

So I switched it up:
l-Tryptophan 500-1g
Gaba 200-400mg
L-theanine 100-200mg

chammomile tea, sleepy time tea, magnesium 250mg, zinc 25 mg (Mag and zinc are taken separate to above to minimize interaction)

STILL CANT GET TO SLEEP!!!

Supps/Meds:
Stablon 3x day 12.5 mG

All the rest are taken in the am
Glucos/Chond (standard dose)
Cissus 1.2g
Beta Carotein 10,000 IU
Astragalus 470 mg
Omega 3's 12-18 g
D3 (cholocalciferol) 2000iu
DHEA 25mg
Milk Thistle 200mg
Multi
complete magazimes
acidolphilus
B-complex

I am also on TRT (testosterone) and last time I had my blood work done it was 267 (free and total) out of a possible range of 241-800+ I know low testosterone is associated with poor sleep, anxiety mood swings, depression, etc

so that may be the culprit but I am not sure...I asked my doc if we could increase the dose and he doesnt want too, he is afraid that it will make me more moody, depressed, anxious, etc!!! I am certain that it will probably make my Quality of Life better! Im in my low 30's and there is no reason I should have the testosterone levels of a 50-60 year old man! (no offense to you older men out there)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Feb 07, 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(dream @ Feb 07, 2009, 08:15 AM) *

Man this is getting rediculus! I have been having one heck of a time getting to and staying asleep!

Hard to scape the irony here, dream!!! Wait for answers from LifeMirage or GodConsciousness. Play some video games or watch tv in the meantime. Sorry!
+Quote Post
Mr Bananas
post Feb 07, 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #3

Awakening

Member No.: 15960

How is your life style in general?
+Quote Post
Phi
post Feb 07, 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 25755

it's bananas
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Feb 07, 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #5

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(Phi @ Feb 07, 2009, 06:25 PM) *

it's bananas
That's phi for you, fruity as always!
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Feb 07, 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

QUOTE(dream @ Feb 07, 2009, 10:15 AM) *
Man this is getting rediculus! I have been having one heck of a time getting to and staying asleep! I dont want to take Rx meds and lately the only thing working for me is benadryl, which is horrible!

Melatonin 1-3 mg
Valerian Root 1g
Calms Forte 3 pill

So I switched it up:
l-Tryptophan 500-1g
Gaba 200-400mg
L-theanine 100-200mg

chammomile tea, sleepy time tea, magnesium 250mg, zinc 25 mg (Mag and zinc are taken separate to above to minimize interaction)

Supps/Meds:
Stablon 3x day 12.5 mG

Cissus 1.2g
Beta Carotein 10,000 IU
Astragalus 470 mg
Omega 3's 12-18 g
DHEA 25mg
Milk Thistle 200mg
Multi
complete magazimes
acidolphilus
B-complex

I am also on TRT (testosterone) and last time I had my blood work done it was 267 (free and total) out of a possible range of 241-800+ I know low testosterone is associated with poor sleep, anxiety mood swings, depression, etc

so that may be the culprit but I am not sure...I asked my doc if we could increase the dose and he doesnt want too, he is afraid that it will make me more moody, depressed, anxious, etc!!! I am certain that it will probably make my Quality of Life better! Im in my low 30's and there is no reason I should have the testosterone levels of a 50-60 year old man! (no offense to you older men out there)

I would not use l-Tryptophan with stablon as it reduces it's effects. I would strongly advise not using benadryl which is an SSRI with Stablon or L-Tryptophan as you could induce Serotonin Syndrome.

What was your DHEA-S levels on your last blood test?

What exactly is going on that prevents you from sleeping?
+Quote Post
dream
post Feb 08, 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(LifeMirage @ Feb 07, 2009, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(dream @ Feb 07, 2009, 10:15 AM) *

Melatonin 1-3 mg
Valerian Root 1g
Calms Forte 3 pill

So I switched it up:
l-Tryptophan 500-1g
Gaba 200-400mg
L-theanine 100-200mg

Supps/Meds:
Stablon 3x day 12.5 mG

Cissus 1.2g
Beta Carotein 10,000 IU
Astragalus 470 mg
Omega 3's 12-18 g
DHEA 25mg
Milk Thistle 200mg
Multi
complete magazimes
acidolphilus
B-complex

I would not use l-Tryptophan with stablon as it reduces it's effects. I would strongly advise not using benadryl which is an SSRI with Stablon or L-Tryptophan as you could induce Serotonin Syndrome.

What was your DHEA-S levels on your last blood test?

What exactly is going on that prevents you from sleeping?

ok, no l-tryptophan...although I took l-trypto, gaba and l-theanine last night and slept pretty good finally!

I would have to aks what my dhea-s levels were...I do not know

I get "sleep anxiety" (thats my term) what I mean is I have a hard time relaxing enough to allow sleep and/or when I do get to sleep its the "mind wandering" "internal monolog" sleep where my mind is active all night and its a 1/2 sleep, OR I wake up a few hours after falling asleep

this happens for several days until I am so exhausted that I finally sleep a full night, get caught up and then the cycle continues.
+Quote Post
Mr Bananas
post Feb 10, 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #8

Awakening

QUOTE(dream @ Feb 08, 2009, 05:29 AM) *

I get "sleep anxiety" (thats my term) what I mean is I have a hard time relaxing enough to allow sleep and/or when I do get to sleep its the "mind wandering" "internal monolog" sleep where my mind is active all night and its a 1/2 sleep, OR I wake up a few hours after falling asleep

this happens for several days until I am so exhausted that I finally sleep a full night, get caught up and then the cycle continues.

I recognize that, but only when i use high doses of piracetam, sometimes on picamilon, choline citrate... but you arent using stimulants?
+Quote Post
dream
post Feb 12, 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Mr Bananas @ Feb 10, 2009, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(dream @ Feb 08, 2009, 05:29 AM) *

I recognize that, but only when i use high doses of piracetam, sometimes on picamilon, choline citrate... but you arent using stimulants?

no not anymore...I try not to drink any caffein after 3 pm (I try to go to bed between 9:30 and 10:30
+Quote Post
Mr Bananas
post Feb 12, 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #10

Awakening

How is your routine before you go to sleep?
+Quote Post
dream
post Feb 13, 2009, 07:51 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Mr Bananas @ Feb 12, 2009, 02:13 PM) *

How is your routine before you go to sleep?

about an hour before I get into my bedtime clothes, dim lights and relax or watch some "non-stimulating" show on tv...I brush and floss at this time as well and leave about 45min to "relax" prior to.
+Quote Post
XR500Final
post Mar 22, 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #12

Aspiring

Member No.: 21903

Fk It! Just enjoy having super crazy energy levels - sounds like me. Go till your burned out, then you can have a good nights sleep... smile.gif
+Quote Post
Flex
post Mar 23, 2011, 04:44 PM
Post #13

God

Member No.: 5877

Yeah I have to agree with the above statement. Workout hard for at least an hour a day. Use your problem to your advantage. Make your day very productive, and you will be exhausted. Keep active, physically and mentally. Oh and even though the caffeine will be out of your system with your scheduling, its effects can last several hours longer.
+Quote Post
orangesand
post May 30, 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #14

Unregistered

Seems like he was taking to many things, a prescription medication
designed for sleep might be better , or not taking anything,
as stimulants and sedatives can disrupt sleep,
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 05:46 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog