Reply to this topicStart new topic
> L-DOPA Research
LifeMirage
post Dec 23, 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Demi-God

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 4349

Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Jan;165(3):313-6. Epub 2002 Nov 26.
An electromyographic analysis of the effect of levodopa on the response time of healthy subjects.

RATIONALE: Recently, we have shown that oral absorption of levodopa shortens reaction time (RT), measured as the interval between the response signal and the onset of voluntary electromyographic (EMG) activity. The motor time (MT) interval that elapses from the EMG activity to the mechanical response was not analysed. OBJECTIVE: The purpose of the present study was to analyse the effect of the dose of levodopa administrated in our previous study on the MT. Eight healthy adults (aged 21-28, mean=25), performed a two-choice visual RT task after oral absorption of a single dose of levodopa (200 mg) or a placebo (randomized, double-blind, cross-over design). CONCLUSION: Levodopa shortens not only RT but also MT, which points at the implication of the dopaminergic system in both premotor and motor processes.

Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002 Aug;163(1):62-7. Epub 2002 Jun 29.
Dopamine and human information processing: a reaction-time analysis of the effect of levodopa in healthy subjects.

RATIONALE: Dopamine is involved in a variety of motor and non-motor information-processing operations. One way to determine its contribution to human information processing is to study reaction time (RT) performance after oral absorption of its precursor, levodopa, which increases its concentration in the nervous system. OBJECTIVE: The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of a single dose of levodopa on information processing in healthy human subjects using the additive-factor method. After oral absorption of a single dose of levodopa (200 mg) or a placebo (randomized, double-blind, cross-over design), eight adults (aged 21-28 years, mean 25 years) performed a two-choice visual RT task. Signal intensity, stimulus-response mapping and foreperiod duration were manipulated. RESULTS: The effects of these three variables were found additive on RT, indicating that that three independent stages - namely, stimulus preprocessing, response selection and motor adjustment - were manipulated. Levodopa improved RT performance in a specific way: it interacted with signal intensity but its effect was additive with those of stimulus-response mapping and foreperiod duration. CONCLUSION: These results show that levodopa specifically affects the stimulus preprocessing stage, which suggests that the dopaminergic system plays a role in sensory processing, possibly by acting on the level of arousal.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Phi
post Dec 24, 2008, 04:26 AM
Post #2

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 25755

Besides rt and mt, what other effects do you deem noticeable(including negative)?
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Dec 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #3

Demi-God

QUOTE(Phi @ Dec 24, 2008, 06:26 AM) *
Besides rt and mt, what other effects do you deem noticeable(including negative)?

I don't take L-DOPA.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Mar 16, 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #4

Overlord

Member No.: 4916

ehhh, L-dopa is no good, its not by any means a feel-good or enhancement substance at all, its got no use to anyone except parkinson's

in order to have feel-good or enhancement, you have to take something that very selectively enhances the dopamine transmissions of select pathways, not take a precursor to dopamine and increase it's production in general

take L-Dopa, youll maybe feel a little funny and pee a lot

take stablon or something else, huge difference, youll get a benefit.
+Quote Post
Phi
post Mar 16, 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #5

God

Yeah, I never bought it. Messing with dopamine has it's ups and downs. If you can gauge yourself into not being dependent, more power to you. I myself have problems not wanting to mess with dopamine every day, but after some time away from trying it, it's now nice to enjoy every once in a while.

Some personal rules for myself:
1. there's no substitute for living
2. don't take when depressed(great way for me personally to be dependent)
3. Once a week is the most I'll ever mess with dopamine.

Everybody has their own reasons for changing their brain chemistry, just stay informed and don't try to take the easy way out.

Not trying to sound dogmatic, but I wish I would've known this when I started. It would've saved me a lot of time and money
+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Mar 21, 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #6

Demi-God

QUOTE(Tone @ Mar 16, 2009, 04:03 PM) *
ehhh, L-dopa is no good, its not by any means a feel-good or enhancement substance at all, its got no use to anyone except parkinson's

in order to have feel-good or enhancement, you have to take something that very selectively enhances the dopamine transmissions of select pathways, not take a precursor to dopamine and increase it's production in general

take L-Dopa, youll maybe feel a little funny and pee a lot

take stablon or something else, huge difference, youll get a benefit.

While I'm glad you've shared your experience with L-DOPA (if you have tried it) it's quite effective in enhancing mood and sexual performance in many people. The only way to find out is to try it at various doses for up to month to assess it your system responds to it,

QUOTE(Phi @ Mar 16, 2009, 07:29 PM) *
Yeah, I never bought it. Messing with dopamine has it's ups and downs. If you can gauge yourself into not being dependent, more power to you. I myself have problems not wanting to mess with dopamine every day, but after some time away from trying it, it's now nice to enjoy every once in a while.

Some personal rules for myself:
1. there's no substitute for living
2. don't take when depressed(great way for me personally to be dependent)
3. Once a week is the most I'll ever mess with dopamine.

Everybody has their own reasons for changing their brain chemistry, just stay informed and don't try to take the easy way out.

Not trying to sound dogmatic, but I wish I would've known this when I started. It would've saved me a lot of time and money

If you never tried it then what compounds are you talking about effecting dopamine that you do take? Changing your brain chemistry in itself is not good or bad it depends on the situation.

Please keep in mind this thread is for research discussions.
+Quote Post
Mr Bananas
post Oct 01, 2009, 08:42 AM
Post #7

Awakening

Member No.: 15960

Im a bit curious about L-dopa, but im concerned about the reported neurotoxicity, some studies say it is neurotoxic, some say it isnt, is it worth the risk?
+Quote Post
mk-ultra
post Oct 03, 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #8

Awakening

Member No.: 23751

QUOTE(Mr Bananas @ Oct 01, 2009, 09:42 AM) *

Im a bit curious about L-dopa, but im concerned about the reported neurotoxicity, some studies say it is neurotoxic, some say it isnt, is it worth the risk?

Not sure about toxicity either. I looked on pubmed and didn't found anything concrete on the subject.
As far as effects concerns, it's a bit like PEA, but very slow acting. Unlike PEA, it doesn't taste like shit, or anything with a particular taste. Mixable with a fruit shake 1/2 hr before working out. Like PEA, it's excellent for pre work out sessions. It makes any sorta of physical activity pleasurable, as mechanical as they may be.

It helps to have a purpose while taking these things. Don't take them hoping they'd improve your mood because that's relatively to what you're doing and your surroundings. Mood enhancing does not necessarily mean you'd feel good all the time. Some external factor can easily flip the switch and make you feel like jumping out of a window.

I can only talk on experience. Swing moods have been extreme when I'm on this. I found there's zero recreational value to these compounds. Every time I take them I have a very low threshold of patience with people. Very similar to PEA in that aspect.
Thread carefully. YMMY.

+Quote Post
LifeMirage
post Oct 27, 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #9

Demi-God

QUOTE(Mr Bananas @ Oct 01, 2009, 11:42 AM) *

It's not neurotoxic but rather neuroprotective provided you do not overdose. Human and animal research have confirm this.
+Quote Post
Tone
post Nov 07, 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #10

Overlord

quack
+Quote Post
Phi
post Nov 09, 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #11

God

heh, you're always skeptical
+Quote Post
Tone
post Dec 24, 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #12

Overlord

QUOTE(Phi @ Nov 09, 2009, 03:53 PM) *

heh, you're always skeptical

heres my first appearance on the board in some weeks,

I ordered L-Dopa and tried it this week, it didnt work because its a general precursor to all dopamine rather than focused on specific pathways, and it made me feel bad.

The Well-Being / Reward pathways of my mid-brain are fried. I am nonfunctional and in torture all of the time. Neither Psychiatric Medications nor any alternative healthcare does anything for fried well-being pathways of the mid-brain, because they have nothing to do with it.

each and every day im stuck in bed or up with constant leg shaking and an intense dysphoric state. It started out like this when i was born and small, then got a little worse each year. I will be in bed or in a horrifying state idling for Christmas. I cant feel well enough to do much anything and i feel only infrequent very diluted pleasure with strong suffering layered on top of it. I cannot feel laughter, i cannot feel pleasant tiredness for sleep but have to pass out some point after a burned out restless state, i cannot feel any 'ok' normal feeling that normally allows people to function. Bed asleep, Bed awake, or sitting restless with head down is 95% of my activity. I feel poisoned but no detox or antidote works at all, no doctor helps, and there is no indication of any other medical condition besides a fried mid-brain and hippocampus.

I know this because an opioid will make me feel slightly better for 20 to 40 minutes, 10 stablon tabs will make me feel slightly better for 20 to 40 minutes. I did not get this way from any medication but rather this is my natural default state i had since as far as my memory goes. To show how serious i am, i failed in school as a child with head down on desk and could do no work or no homework, that is real depression, w here as others could still do work.

but common people, medical people and FDA-like agencies want to F**K around with fraud
+Quote Post
Tone
post Dec 25, 2009, 01:45 AM
Post #13

Overlord

Also i got Picamilon with the L-Dopa. Picamilon appears to be inactive, no matter how many caps you take, theres no effect, its another hoax like all the rest.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 08:50 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles