Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Singularity = Rapture?
trojan_libido
post Dec 11, 2008, 03:01 AM
Post #1

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 5681

I wondered how people felt when the Singularity was compared with the Rapture?

I find it odd that people talking about the rapture would be ridiculed when the singularity is a worthy topic, and yet at their heart they may well be the same thing forcasted from different perspectives.

Clearly the zealots wont be teleported up to Heaven, firstly because there is no absolute 'UP' in the Universe for Heaven to be up there somewhere. Theres only towards (gravity) or away (rocket ship). I digress though, is the Singularity comparable to Rapture?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 12, 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Dec 11, 2008, 03:01 AM) *

I wondered how people felt when the Singularity was compared with the Rapture?

I find it odd that people talking about the rapture would be ridiculed when the singularity is a worthy topic, and yet at their heart they may well be the same thing forcasted from different perspectives.

Clearly the zealots wont be teleported up to Heaven, firstly because there is no absolute 'UP' in the Universe for Heaven to be up there somewhere. Theres only towards (gravity) or away (rocket ship). I digress though, is the Singularity comparable to Rapture?

Through spirituality,concsiousness brought forth the idea of a perfect life without death. Through science it has recognized its limitless potential. Maybe we need to find a middle ground.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 12, 2008, 09:32 PM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

is the Singularity comparable to Rapture?

Any thing can be compared to some thing else by first attempting to define the subjects that matter.

Belief and levels of comprehension detail every subject into comparisons of ideals, beliefs and opinions.

Perhaps the question might be asked, "Is there a source common to the end of the road projections that wind their way through belief and opinion that is the same, but in the believed outcomes seem so diverse and even opposite?" Can it be comprehended equally thru belief or by laying belief and opinion aside?

Then it would be tantamount to where you spend your time. In the convolution of ideals and beliefs, fighting to idealize the outcome, or where all things begin and end regardless of projections and beliefs.

I suppose idol entertainment in making comparisons of beliefs and interpretations serves some kind of purpose but then discussing that would be straying from the topic...?
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Dec 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #4

God

Member No.: 5681

No not at all. I'll be interested in any posts on this and comparative examples.

It was just a thought that came to me, that the rapture and consciousness singularity have similar qualities. I wondered how others would see it.

I guess I should define how I see the Rapture and the CSingularity:

Rapture - The faithful will be taken up to Heaven at the End Times while all others perish.
CS - Consciousness will converge to a point of absolute bliss, where all things are possible.

The 'perishing' part of the Rapture we can dismiss as a method of induction, but the End Times and going to Heaven correlate quite well with absolute bliss and instant gratification.
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Dec 16, 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #5

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

Sometimes I quite like it here (this life). Not often, but sometimes. Not necessarily enthusiastic about that rapturing ... oh gosh, was I dreaming ... This is a terrible world and there is nothing else!

Who said that the CS will result in bliss? Bliss is different things to different people. And there are a lot of different people to singularize!
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 16, 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #6

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

"The world is so full of such wonderful things, it's a wonder we aren't all as happy as kings." Children's rhyme

The world is currently and generally a terrible place. It doesn't have to be that way. We could enter the golden age mentioned by Joesus. It would only require that each of us gives up violence and greed and begin to become devoted to intelligence and civility. It's all up to us. Heaven or hell on earth, our choice. And yes, that's the only choice. Death is nonexistence. The irony is that life could be so good if we make it so.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 16, 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #7

Supreme God

It's always just a choice. Knowing what possibilities exist rather than what our limitations are in belief would be the defining difference. Immerse the intellect in the boundary-less possibility and the limitations are vanquished like shadows when the light is turned on. No one wants to suffer, but when you believe its part of life you include it in and amongst all creative endeavors consciously and unconsciously.
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Dec 16, 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #8

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(Joesus @ Dec 17, 2008, 12:52 AM) *
No one wants to suffer
To be absolutely precise, there are masochists ... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 16, 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #9

Supreme God

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Dec 17, 2008, 05:55 AM) *
To be absolutely precise, there are masochists ... wink.gif

Who would suffer without maintaining an ideal relationship with their beliefs.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 09:53 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog