Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> where to get an EEG?
jarg
post Dec 08, 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 31782

Hi all my name is Ryan and I am a student of consciousness. I am interested in purchasing a EEG machine or similar device that will measure brain wave frequency. Where can I find one cheaply online or around the los angeles area? How difficult would it be to build my own? Also i would like to interface it with my laptop(mac)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Orbz
post Dec 08, 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Overlord

Member No.: 6770

QUOTE(jarg @ Dec 09, 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Hi all my name is Ryan and I am a student of consciousness. I am interested in purchasing a EEG machine or similar device that will measure brain wave frequency. Where can I find one cheaply online or around the los angeles area? How difficult would it be to build my own? Also i would like to interface it with my laptop(mac)

What do you need it for?

A number of electrophysiology suppliers will have suitable electrophysiology equipment without going to the expense of a full EEG set up. I imagine ECG and EMG hardware and software would be suitable. A number of EEG biofeedback suppliers have their wares on the internet which include simple EEG devices.

Build your own... http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/
+Quote Post
jarg
post Dec 09, 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 31782

it will mainly be used for meditation. just personal use. I would like to buy one pre-built if it is cheap enough. I am interested in having control of my brain waves such that I could enter particular brain states at will.
+Quote Post
Crazytheorist
post Dec 09, 2008, 12:38 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 31784

QUOTE(Orbz @ Dec 09, 2008, 01:00 AM) *

QUOTE(jarg @ Dec 09, 2008, 11:38 AM) *

What do you need it for?

A number of electrophysiology suppliers will have suitable electrophysiology equipment without going to the expense of a full EEG set up. I imagine ECG and EMG hardware and software would be suitable. A number of EEG biofeedback suppliers have their wares on the internet which include simple EEG devices.

Build your own... http://openeeg.sourceforge.net/doc/

Oh my god, are you serious? YOU CAN BUILD YOUR OWN EEG? Now my friends are gonna think i'm even weirder tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Orbz
post Dec 09, 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #5

Overlord

Google search: EEG biofeedback; EEG equipment
http://www.bio-medical.com/
http://www.eeginfo.com/shop/
http://www.contecmed.com/cart/product1.asp...ulse%20oximeter
http://www.biof.com/biofeedback.html

etc...
+Quote Post
Orbz
post Dec 09, 2008, 06:37 PM
Post #6

Overlord

QUOTE(Crazytheorist @ Dec 09, 2008, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Orbz @ Dec 09, 2008, 01:00 AM) *
Oh my god, are you serious? YOU CAN BUILD YOUR OWN EEG? Now my friends are gonna think i'm even weirder tongue.gif

Yep. One of the items on my list of things to do when I get time, but for the moment I have access to a professional one.
+Quote Post
Jamison
post Mar 21, 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 32664

I am very curious about any studies or peer reviewed journals featuring NeuroSky (or any other inexpensive eeg with limited contact points.)

I am a university student writing my thesis on neurofeedback and its application for a home meditation practice. If you all know of any information that I could site for my thesis I would be very grateful.

I am also looking for a grant so my school can purchase one of these (or similar) devices for our own meditation studies. Which device would you all suggest for meditation practice specifically?

Thanks so much,
-J
+Quote Post
Dwight Hulse3
post Jun 15, 2010, 02:29 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 32834

QUOTE(Jamison @ Mar 21, 2010, 01:11 PM) *

I am very curious about any studies or peer reviewed journals featuring NeuroSky (or any other inexpensive eeg with limited contact points.)

I am a university student writing my thesis on neurofeedback and its application for a home meditation practice. If you all know of any information that I could site for my thesis I would be very grateful.

I am also looking for a grant so my school can purchase one of these (or similar) devices for our own meditation studies. Which device would you all suggest for meditation practice specifically?

Thanks so much,
-J

+Quote Post
hippocapensis
post Jun 13, 2012, 11:17 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 34320

This post seems do have been unreplied for a while - but that might mean that some of the posters have had a lot more experience with EEG??

After all this time:

* Is there anyone who have tried to build it's own EEG device? How did it go? How much time did you use?

* Or have anyone found somewhere to by a cheap one that they can recommend?

* Or maybe you got someone to make you a device through the OpenEEG project?

Please let me know. Want a device, preferably one which makes it possible to store and analyse data on my computer.

Thanks!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:13 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog