lucid_dream
post Dec 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
Post #91

God

Group: Admin
Member No.: 956

I'm glad it works now.

QUOTE(Joesus @ Dec 15, 2008, 11:08 AM) *
with enough people reaching a threshold of conscious awareness the earth makes a transition to turn the rest of humanity and pull them thru the doorway into the golden age. The end result being a society with three Castes. One level tapped completely into the upward spiral of Universal evolution, One to maintain communication between those at that level and the majority who will live and build the new Earth to its original glory which it lived in in the past golden age. A society without war, sickness, poverty and death.

interesting...

being that the nervous system that can achieve such a state on its own without external manipulation is superior.

where do you get this stuff, and is that what you believe? Whether you believe this or not, I think the idea that the nervous system is a separate object from the environment that it intimately interacts with is wrong. The idea that there is external manipulation is wrong. There's nothing external about it. We're all embedded/embodied in something infinitely greater than our selves/bodies. I'm not talking about the Self here, but rather the consciousness that entertains notions of being anchored to a particular body. The Consciousness Singularity will come about through our enhancement of our own brains, and this requires a better understanding of brain organization. The Consciousness Singularity will not come about through meditation, or celestial alignment, or chakra alignment. There is one path, and it's clear, and that's through neuroscience and the development and application of neurotechnologies.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
Post #92

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 601

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Dec 16, 2008, 03:23 AM) *

I'm glad it works now.

with enough people reaching a threshold of conscious awareness the earth makes a transition to turn the rest of humanity and pull them thru the doorway into the golden age. The end result being a society with three Castes. One level tapped completely into the upward spiral of Universal evolution, One to maintain communication between those at that level and the majority who will live and build the new Earth to its original glory which it lived in in the past golden age. A society without war, sickness, poverty and death.

interesting...

being that the nervous system that can achieve such a state on its own without external manipulation is superior.

where do you get this stuff, and is that what you believe? Whether you believe this or not, I think the idea that the nervous system is a separate object from the environment that it intimately interacts with is wrong. The idea that there is external manipulation is wrong. There's nothing external about it. We're all embedded/embodied in something infinitely greater than our selves/bodies. I'm not talking about the Self here, but rather the consciousness that entertains notions of being anchored to a particular body. The Consciousness Singularity will come about through our enhancement of our own brains, and this requires a better understanding of brain organization. The Consciousness Singularity will not come about through meditation, or celestial alignment, or chakra alignment. There is one path, and it's clear, and that's through neuroscience and the development and application of neurotechnologies.

It doesn't matter what I believe, obviously what you believe is real to you and the singularity as you know it is dependent on science as its means of evolution.
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Dec 17, 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #93

Demi-God

Member No.: 5683

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Dec 15, 2008, 10:23 PM) *

The Consciousness Singularity will not come about through meditation, or celestial alignment, or chakra alignment. There is one path, and it's clear, and that's through neuroscience and the development and application of neurotechnologies.

Despite my affinity with meditation and similar states of mind, I could not agree with you more here. Modern neuroscience will enable us to further enhance our biological brains. This will likely bring about a new era of human civilization.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 17, 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #94

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Dec 17, 2008, 09:15 AM) *
... Modern neuroscience will enable us to further enhance our biological brains. This will likely bring about a new era of human civilization.

Maybe, but it's not certain. It could be that the brain has already reached its peak of evolution for computational complexity reasons. Evidence of this is the high rate of insanity among the brightest of us.
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Dec 17, 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #95

Demi-God

QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 17, 2008, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Dec 17, 2008, 09:15 AM) *
... Modern neuroscience will enable us to further enhance our biological brains. This will likely bring about a new era of human civilization.

Maybe, but it's not certain. It could be that the brain has already reached its peak of evolution for computational complexity reasons. Evidence of this is the high rate of insanity among the brightest of us.

I disagree. I don't think we have yet reached the peak of our evolution or the computational complexity of our brains (despite the potential for insanity).
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 17, 2008, 10:02 AM
Post #96

Supreme God

Time will tell.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 17, 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #97

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 17, 2008, 09:31 AM) *

I'll be dam if being this stupid and shamefully inadequate is all that there is. This is where reductionism, and the limitations it forces upon the human spirit by way of inhibiting its capacity to dream and to dare push its own limits misses the mark.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 17, 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #98

Supreme God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 17, 2008, 06:03 PM) *

I'll be dam if being this stupid and shamefully inadequate is all that there is. This is where reductionism, and the limitations it forces upon the human spirit by way of inhibiting its capacity to dream and to dare push its own limits misses the mark.

There's always the idea that evolution has given us the ability to choose our place in universal interpretation.
Meaning, being stupid and shamefully inadequate isn't all there is but what one decides is best for themselves. Leading further toward the possibility that in the singularity we find a kind of perfection in diversity where stupidity and shamefulness gets its own shelf on the store along with neuroscience.

I'm shooting for a position with those that watch the store. wink.gif
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Dec 17, 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #99

Demi-God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Dec 17, 2008, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 17, 2008, 06:03 PM) *

There's always the idea that evolution has given us the ability to choose our place in universal interpretation.
Meaning, being stupid and shamefully inadequate isn't all there is but what one decides is best for themselves. Leading further toward the possibility that in the singularity we find a kind of perfection in diversity where stupidity and shamefulness gets its own shelf on the store along with neuroscience.

and yet can stupidity survive?
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 17, 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #100

Supreme God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Dec 17, 2008, 10:44 AM) *

OK so, where did you get this idea that you were invited to the big dance?
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 17, 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #101

Supreme God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 17, 2008, 10:03 AM) *
... if being this stupid and shamefully inadequate is all that there is. This is where reductionism, and the limitations it forces upon the human spirit by way of inhibiting its capacity to dream and to dare push its own limits misses the mark.

If there are no limits, then we are potentially gods, by definition. We must always acknowledge limitations. Learning to gracefully accept them is the challenge. The drag racer always wants more horsepower, but improvements are always incremental and not guaranteed.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 17, 2008, 12:06 PM
Post #102

Supreme God

QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 17, 2008, 11:56 AM) *

If there are no limits, then we are potentially gods, by definition....

Think Consciousness Singularity.
QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 17, 2008, 11:56 AM) *

We must always acknowledge limitations. Learning to gracefully accept them is the challenge. The drag racer always wants more horsepower, but improvements are always incremental and not guaranteed.

Fatalistic, limiting, inadequate; boring!
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 17, 2008, 12:09 PM
Post #103

Supreme God

QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Dec 17, 2008, 07:12 PM) *

and yet can stupidity survive?

It's like going to the movies or having a cocktail, it won't be refused., but you may have to go somewhere outside of town to get it. Kinda like the strip joints and the bordellos have gone to where the zoning allows for it.
QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 17, 2008, 07:29 PM) *

OK so, where did you get this idea that you were invited to the big dance?

I've already been to the high school dance, so you'll see me with the alumni. wink.gif
QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 17, 2008, 07:56 PM) *

If there are no limits, then we are potentially gods, by definition. We must always acknowledge limitations. Learning to gracefully accept them is the challenge. The drag racer always wants more horsepower, but improvements are always incremental and not guaranteed.
If there are no limits we can entertain the idea of limitations and as such put them on the store shelf for entertainment purposes. Improvements are then commensurate with the design of the shelf product and its shelf life.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Dec 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #104

God

One could argue that the Technological Singularity, defined as the creation of smarter-than-human machines, is very unlikely to occur because it does not take into account brain/consciousness enhancement from current and projected developments in neuroscience, and the ramifications of these developments from neuroscience for constantly making humans more intelligent and more aware. That is, the Technological Singularity assumes 'static' human brain intelligence, and if this were true, then 'yes', maybe we might create machines that surpass our current levels of human intelligence in a couple of hundred years or so. However, given that neuroscience offers the means for modifying and enhancing the brain and consciousness, and increasing intelligence and awareness, the human brains of 100 years from now will not be the same as those of today; they will be much more advanced, intelligent, and aware, and I would argue, incapable of being surpassed by the machines/computers of their day.

In short, the notion of the Technological Singularity assumes an exponential curve of machine intelligence versus a flat curve of human intelligence, and predicts that machine intelligence will surpass human intelligence sometime in the future. Instead, I would argue that the curve of human intelligence is not flat at all, but rather will be increasing more than the curve for machine intelligence can keep up with, so that machine intelligence will never surpass the human intelligence of that time. Hence, there will likely never be a Technological Singularity because the human brain will constantly be made more intelligent and aware through neuroscience and neurotechnologies.
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Dec 17, 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #105

Demi-God

I am of the feeling that machine intelligence will be of a fundamentally different kind of intelligence than that of current or future human intelligence. I don't know if we will ever be able to re-create the type of physiological intelligence observed in the human species. I do, however, sense that a network type of intelligence shall emerge among computers worldwide that will surpass individual human consciousness in ways difficult to measure or quantify. Nevertheless, the future of neuroenhancement propelled forward by neuroscience will propel the human species into a new era of the evolution of neurological structures on Earth.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 17, 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #106

Supreme God

It may be that human intelligence has already maxed out. Remember, there has been no significant improvement in two million years when homo sapiens appeared in our present form. Similarly, Moore's Law is now showing signs of slowing, as I predicted 10 years ago, so it may be that machine intelligence will top out at about 1% of human intelligence. Progress will be slower than hoped for. Get used to it.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Dec 18, 2008, 04:56 AM
Post #107

God

Member No.: 5681

How do you picture humanity 100,000 or 200,000 years from now providing evolution has taken its course and all (or most) else has remained equal as today
Either extinct due to AI realising we're inferior and prone to madness, or embedded in a symbiotic relationship with our creations.
+Quote Post
GodConsciousness
post Dec 18, 2008, 06:37 AM
Post #108

Demi-God

We are just beginning to consciously influence our evolution. For millions of years, we had no idea that evolution was even occurring, nor were we equipped with the tools and technology to adequately understand the brain. We are advancing steadily in the neurosciences, brain imaging technology, and enhancement protocols. We are now using our will-power to hasten and direct the evolutionary drift.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 18, 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #109

Supreme God

QUOTE(GodConsciousness @ Dec 18, 2008, 06:37 AM) *
... We are now using our will-power to hasten and direct the evolutionary drift.

What is the evidence for this? We need to learn the past lessons of unintended consequences.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Dec 18, 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #110

Supreme God

QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 18, 2008, 08:04 AM) *

... We are now using our will-power to hasten and direct the evolutionary drift.

What is the evidence for this? We need to learn the past lessons of unintended consequences.

Lucid's work including this forum
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Dec 18, 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #111

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 18, 2008, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 18, 2008, 08:04 AM) *

Your $10 is in the post ... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Rick
post Dec 18, 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #112

Supreme God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 18, 2008, 10:25 AM) *

OK, very well. Then I should get credit for my work as a Democratic Club President, Precinct Organizer, and volunteer campaigner, for the defeat of the Repugligans this fall in the American election. Any progress at all helps, but with all the retrograde motion lately, it's painfully slow. Still waiting for my flying car, not to mention my gold meteorite. The first by technology, the second by magic. Neither one seems to be working very well right now.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Dec 18, 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #113

Supreme God

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=jpEnFwiqdx8
+Quote Post
Kaloa
post Oct 15, 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #114

Awakening

Member No.: 33114

QUOTE(Rick @ Dec 18, 2008, 12:19 PM) *

QUOTE(code buttons @ Dec 18, 2008, 10:25 AM) *

OK, very well. Then I should get credit for my work as a Democratic Club President, Precinct Organizer, and volunteer campaigner, for the defeat of the Repugligans this fall in the American election. Any progress at all helps, but with all the retrograde motion lately, it's painfully slow. Still waiting for my flying car, not to mention my gold meteorite. The first by technology, the second by magic. Neither one seems to be working very well right now.

Personally, I've allways wanted a gold-core, diamond plated ship; powered by a black whole that liks to my intent. Because I will fasion it with my intent; it shall be of utmost synchronicity, and I will gather power and prosperity from the stars and planets to bring back to earth for the sake of creation/evolution. Before that however, I will obviously need to do alot of research and hard work...smile.gif

I do not think that consiousness singularity is a pipe dream for those of you who doubt. People may be more stupider now then before, but I don't really know, and anyways sosciety has allways been in flux. Also, if humans neither evolved, nor were created like poof-God-Wizard as we have these various notions besides, we may well have been genetic manipulations left this way by alien species, as atonement for their initial interferences, and self-appointed liberties on our planet... Anyways and so on...

So it becomes obvious that manipulation of the brain is indeed, not only the next step in our evolution, but the first great step, for us, in evolution as we are doing this outside of those speculations, and inside the realm of possibility in the now. Distinctive from outside help, and unique in advancement to increased understanding of the world around us, and how it functions through methods that we have discovered as a species, though perhaps not so unique as we think, nevertheless how can it be oversighted that the brain is the captain of all actions; great and small. Even if the captain is ill he may still have a good heart and mind to steer the ship, but his brain being unable to do the calculations or even sight the map, he is lost. We must make better our captains so that we can successfully carry on our hearts and minds through to the ends of things... If not the science that directly relates to consciousness to enhance it, then what prytell should we put our efforts in scientifically or otherwise? I think there are many compliments, but nary so direct as neuroscience, at least for our current stage. Cosmology will be very significant too.

Even if we can manage to transcend so much through purely internal methods(meditations and the like)we will still benefit from wearing a helmet when riding a motorcycle if we crash. So, while I may be personally suicidal enough to do that, the whole of humanity should make better helmets, and better bikes and so on, or we might not survive ourselves, much less meteors and sun bursts! Perhaps one day we will evolve beyond the need of external anything, for me personally, I'm not there yet. So I vote Consciousness Singularity.

Kaloa

P.S. I'm personally disappointed there are so few posts in singularity forum. I may chime in later. There is much to consider. Yes.
+Quote Post
Kaloa
post Oct 15, 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #115

Awakening

I do not think that consiousness singularity is a pipe dream for those of you who doubt.

To be feared though? Maybe

But the reasons to go foreward in it outweight the reasons not to, I think. For me anyways. I am aware that the technologies that have emerged in this new era of so much information are double sidded as allways. If I had any question to ask Shawn; it would be,"In this singularity; what is the safegaurd for abuse in general. Is it that you expect the recognition of oneness inherent in it's emergence? Do you imagine these states will so-far outweigh our current modes of perceptions, that it will stand to so easilly include Buddha-like and Christ-like consciousness, for even the most insidious soul, that it will inherently ingender the wisdom of peace as a safeguard commoners from evil minds?"

My guess is that overly ignorant people will not be able to handle this kind of transformation, but who knows.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Oct 16, 2010, 04:25 PM
Post #116

God

QUOTE(Kaloa @ Oct 15, 2010, 07:36 PM) *
If I had any question to ask Shawn; it would be,"In this singularity; what is the safegaurd for abuse in general. Is it that you expect the recognition of oneness inherent in it's emergence? Do you imagine these states will so-far outweigh our current modes of perceptions, that it will stand to so easilly include Buddha-like and Christ-like consciousness, for even the most insidious soul, that it will inherently ingender the wisdom of peace as a safeguard commoners from evil minds?"

yes, and yes. There is probably not much more that can be said about the consciousness singularity since, by definition, it it beyond our current ability to understand or experience. The few statements I've made over it have been based on expanded modes of consciousness and extrapolations thereof. However, we can point towards the consciousness singularity even if we can't see past the event horizon, and we know the path, which is neuroscience, and which involves the reverse engineering of our brains and the forward engineering of better brains. Many think this is science fiction, but I believe sufficient thought on the matter will convince anyone open to reason that it's science fact; it's just a question of when. Slight improvements in current technologies, or discovery of new ones, can have huge repercussions. We are in a very special time now. I would not venture predictions about when it will happen, or try to be overly optimistic by appealing to exponential increases in technological improvements. It is sufficient to be on the correct path, intent on the long-term goal, knowing that we will make it happen, in due time, because it is inevitable, and because we, each one of us, is part of something far greater than we can imagine.

+Quote Post
Flex
post Oct 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #117

God

Member No.: 5877

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_la72c3KY...vao1_r1_500.gif

The singularity is inherent in nature, we just need to recognize it.
+Quote Post
Kaloa
post Oct 18, 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #118

Awakening

I may start a topic on this further in the future when I myself can better understand it's level of validity, or complexity, but if it has the level of significance that I currently would vote that it does; Nassim Haramein's work in general could potentially lead to monumental leaps and bounds in creating these kinds of technologies, or improving on the ones we have--dramatically. I am not saying that I am totally sold on all of his findings, but it seems hard to deny some of the resulant works of his from the discoveries he's seemed to have made regarding the relationships between sacred geometry, and physics. I think it would be a mistake to simply disregard his work on any account other than discovering him to be a total fraud, which I can't see currently.

What you don't get from this clip is how it directly relates to the flower of life(sacred geometry), and the relationship between sacred geometry and the geometry of space(being the same)>from 2004<:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuPNJPWZoyY&feature=related
^Towards the end of, 17 some of it appears to be cut out if you watched that much(which I encourage...at least through 18)...?wink.gif^

Here you can at least see the relationship on the galactic scale somewhat, as to how some of the more basic geometry relates:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir5sQEg0rs4

You can find his published work here:
http://theresonanceproject.org/research.html

I don't know enough personally to say much about it, but it has to cary a significant amount of interest to the greater minds of mankind if the vaccum of space does indeed have a structure that has also been found to necesarily relate with the flower of life. We could learn to replicate in various forms, in theory; including forms of technologies for expanding consciousness without.

Try to stay open-minded here. It's very out there, and there is alot of information to support some of his theories... It would seem... He may be a genius...
+Quote Post
Kaloa
post Oct 19, 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #119

Awakening

I was speachless too when I saw the whole thing....smile.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 04:26 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog