Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Isochroma
post Apr 04, 2010, 05:47 PM
Post #32

Aspiring

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 24661

High-dose fish oil (I take 12g per day) and piracetam together are the best for consistent daily intense dreams :) Piracetam should be taken throughout the day and right before bed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Izilo
post Jul 05, 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 33412

Check the book:
Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements by Thomas Yuschak (Paperback - Dec 14, 2006)
Got it at Amazon dot com

Got some good info, check if it works for you.

+Quote Post
Kaloa
post Jul 07, 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #34

Awakening

Member No.: 33114

QUOTE(Izilo @ Jul 05, 2011, 01:04 PM) *

Check the book:
Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements by Thomas Yuschak (Paperback - Dec 14, 2006)
Got it at Amazon dot com

Got some good info, check if it works for you.

Yeah, that is a good one. I have that. Lucid dreaming alchemy! I still havn't been able to acquire all the materials and I'm going to wait until I can have more lucid dreams in general before I invest in that. A must have book for lucid dreamers interested in altering their experiences and taking them to knew hights, or so it seems. Won't know for sure until later. Definitely planning on that kind of experimentation in the near future.
+Quote Post
Redek
post Jul 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 33418

Hey there,
I can vouch for that book too, it was a pleasure to read and is the only book that appraoches lucid dreaming in this way (that I know of).

I bought some mucuna pruriens having read it and I've had some fun experimenting with that. I found, like Yuschak wrote, that it isn't necessarily a dream inducer, but the L-dopa and the subjective sense of wellness brought about by it, is a good thing to have if you do get lucid. The few times I've got lucid having munched down roughly 3 grams an hour before bed, I've noticed that I feel more confident and able to control the dream.

What I've found is any substance that supports memory may be a valuable aid in being a lucid dreamer also.

Anyone tried 5-HTP?? I found it helps me dream, but they are noticeably more high octane and nearly always disturbing in some way. Anyway, I've noticed that this is actually quite a common experience of those that take 5-htp as a dream inducer and I think its an interestingly specific effect (disturbing or werid dreams). As far as Ive looked and thought about it, I cant think why 5-htp would commonly induce these types of dream.
+Quote Post
onk
post Sep 13, 2011, 06:35 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 33587

Has any one here experimented with DMSO ? ( just curious )

Is there really any difference between the quality of supplements for things such as galantamine , as i noticed some variations ?

I ask because i tried a product last year ( dreamscape ) but unfortunately had no experinces at all.

pinpoe

+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 13, 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #37

God

Member No.: 5877

Cannot speak for DMSO. There is definitely a difference between quality of supplements. It is vital to choose a trust worthy company, with a proven track record. Unfortunately literally ANYONE can sell supplements in the US.

Cerebral Healths galantamine has been good to me. I think it goes by the name Memeron or something like that.
+Quote Post
AcidMike
post Sep 14, 2011, 01:03 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 33577

I had an interesting lucid experience earlier this year, thought I'd share. smile.gif

Around the time this occurred I had just finished reading the book Lucid Dreaming by Robert Wagonner so with the concept fresh in my mind I was having more lucids than usual. One particular night, I realized I was dreaming and the second this epiphany came to me the dream fell apart. I found my self floating in empty space, known as 'the void' amongst some dreamers. What happened next was, at least to me, amazing.
I decided I was sick of the void and wanted to explore a forest. I began to imagine a landscape, it began as an image in my mind, as vivid as if you were to close your eyes now and imagine it. Then, as I concentrated and focussed it became more vivid and real, until I was able to move around within and interact with the scenery.

In short, I was able to watch an image from my imagination slowly manifest into a 3d 'real' landscape out of nothing. It's the kind of lucid experience that really sticks with you.
+Quote Post
onk
post Sep 14, 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(AcidMike @ Sep 14, 2011, 01:03 AM) *

I had an interesting lucid experience earlier this year, thought I'd share. smile.gif

Around the time this occurred I had just finished reading the book Lucid Dreaming by Robert Wagonner so with the concept fresh in my mind I was having more lucids than usual. One particular night, I realized I was dreaming and the second this epiphany came to me the dream fell apart. I found my self floating in empty space, known as 'the void' amongst some dreamers. What happened next was, at least to me, amazing.
I decided I was sick of the void and wanted to explore a forest. I began to imagine a landscape, it began as an image in my mind, as vivid as if you were to close your eyes now and imagine it. Then, as I concentrated and focussed it begam more vivid and real, until I was able to move around within and interact with the scenery.

In short, I was able to watch an image from my imagination slowly manifest into a 3d 'real' landscape out of nothing. It's the kind of lucid experience that really sticks with you.

I was in the space too once ( dont know if it was the void or not ) but I got there through meditation years ago before I have the health woes I do now ( i havent been able to medidate in years )

I didnt manifet anything because my attention was fixed on this massive blackhole , but its didnt last very long , the strange thing i remember about it though was a shadow that passed over me before it all happened , it was almost like something from a dream had manifest itself in this world for split second while i was lying there.
There was a strange sound almost like a rush of wind , and then this massive shadow like some bird of prey that glided over me .

I have to say that since that then event, whether coincidence or not , I have not exactly been blessed with great luck as things took drastic spiral for the worse , so Ive always been curious if there was some connection , and what it could mean.

Has any one ever had any luck using brainwave machiens or other electronic devices to get into certain states ?

I had looked into things like Emotiv and Neurosky but im not so sure their more gimmicky rather than for serious use , I heard they can be pretty fickle too.

pinpoe
+Quote Post
onk
post Sep 14, 2011, 09:40 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(Flex @ Sep 13, 2011, 08:00 PM) *

Cannot speak for DMSO. There is definitely a difference between quality of supplements. It is vital to choose a trust worthy company, with a proven track record. Unfortunately literally ANYONE can sell supplements in the US.

Cerebral Healths galantamine has been good to me. I think it goes by the name Memeron or something like that.

Thanks , I was going to try Hurpzine A from swanson to see if it would help , or do you think its a bad idea to mix it with the Galantamine I still left from that product ( dreamscape ) ?.

pinpoe
+Quote Post
KoolK3n
post Sep 14, 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #41

Overlord

Member No.: 33523

Mixing would be kind of pointless as both do the exact same thing. The only difference is that Galantamine is much more powerful. Here are other supplements that may help you lucid dream:

-Choline
-Nicotine
-Piracetam
-Mucuna Pruriens
-Yohimbine
-5-HTP
-Melatonin
+Quote Post
Flex
post Sep 14, 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #42

God

Member No.: 5877

Mixing can actually add some enhancement, but in general I wouldn't mix anything. It is really uncharted territory, so no point in you being the guinea pig (I have actually done it myself, not a fan).

Galantamine is probably your better bet for lucid dreaming, as it stimulates nicotinic receptors, whereas Hup is weak sauce smile.gif Effectively yes they both do the same thing, but where they act is different.
+Quote Post
onk
post Sep 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(Flex @ Sep 14, 2011, 01:13 PM) *

Mixing can actually add some enhancement, but in general I wouldn't mix anything. It is really uncharted territory, so no point in you being the guinea pig (I have actually done it myself, not a fan).

Galantamine is probably your better bet for lucid dreaming, as it stimulates nicotinic receptors, whereas Hup is weak sauce smile.gif Effectively yes they both do the same thing, but where they act is different.

Is galantamine considered depolarising or nondepolarising blocker ?

Ive seen it marketed as nondepolarising but has there ever been any studies to prove it ??

pinpoe

+Quote Post
Jakare
post Sep 21, 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #44

Demi-God

Member No.: 32635

But there is anyone able to sleep while on the stuff? I touched it twice and never dare to take it again. It was messing with my sleep even at low doses.
+Quote Post
Izilo
post Nov 02, 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 33412

Just a short note.

Ive been having some interesting experiences lately with a supplement called Mellodyn from http://www.mellodyn.com/
Its got in it;
Valerian
Chamomile
Passion Flower
Lemon Balm
Melatonin

Of coures, Lemon Balm is a very well known dream herb.

I take 200mg 5htp + 1 Mellodyn right before bed and have wonderful (very long and interesting) dreams, in some I become lucid.

The 5htp quickly puts me into a very deep sleep, and so delays my rem sleep for about 4 hours and then I get the rem rebound and that helps me to be more alert within the dreams, some times coming to the realization that Im dreaming and become lucid. I just love this lucidity in my dream time, so much fun!!

I dont know if this works for others, for me this feels real good, when I wake up Im well rested too.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th November 2017 - 11:20 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

Consciousness Expansion · Brain Mapping · Neural Circuits · Connectomics  ·  Neuroscience Forum  ·  Brain Maps Blog
 · Connectomics · Connectomics  ·  shawn mikula  ·  shawn mikula  ·  articles